Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's hope golovkin fights dereveyenchenko next...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still want to know how all of these unproven fighters out there with a dozen or so fights are getting so much hype. So GGG ducked this nobody to fight Vanes? I have a feeling if he fought Dereveyenchenko, he'd be laughed out of the venue for cherry-picking a novice. Meanwhile, the same haters who demand GGG fight him aren't expecting Charlo to fight him.

Comment

What's funny is the certain type of fans that you know despises every European fighter, thinks they are all bums and says a fighter with 11 or 12 fights can't be good actually rates this guy as the best one and a great fighter. If GGG chose to fight Devreychenko he'd have been crucified and would be if he faces him next.

He's a good fighter though and IMO would defeat Charlo and Saunders and will give GGG a tough fight but he's not the best Euro fighter they tried to say. Just funny how he suddenly got a lot of respect out of nowhere from the people that hate fighters from his part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        What's funny is the certain type of fans that you know despises every European fighter, thinks they are all bums and says a fighter with 11 or 12 fights can't be good actually rates this guy as the best one and a great fighter. If GGG chose to fight Devreychenko he'd have been crucified and would be if he faces him next.

He's a good fighter though and IMO would defeat Charlo and Saunders and will give GGG a tough fight but he's not the best Euro fighter they tried to say. Just funny how he suddenly got a lot of respect out of nowhere from the people that hate fighters from his part of the world.
        Interesting post-certain people means black posters. So there are black posters that think Devrechenkyo is good, which contradicts your argument. Since it does, you now find a way to question why they think he is good.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Interesting post-certain people means black posters. So there are black posters that think Devrechenkyo is good, which contradicts your argument. Since it does, you now find a way to question why they think he is good.

Unbelievable.
          There's also a lot of white pro American/anti European posters and a lot of Hispanic posters that are anti-Europe too.

We know these people likely haven't seen Devreychenko or even care about him but he's the lesser of the two evils so he got their support and thus if he's a badass he's obviously better than fighters who are bums so they have elevated him to suit a narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            There's also a lot of white pro American/anti European posters and a lot of Hispanic posters that are anti-Europe too.

We know these people likely haven't seen Devreychenko or even care about him but he's the lesser of the two evils so he got their support and thus if he's a badass he's obviously better than fighters who are bums so they have elevated him to suit a narrative.
            All of his fights have been in the US. Your assertion that American fans wouldn't know him like they don't know guys that have fought their whole career overseas is preposterous.

Do they care about him, not really. Those of us that saw him fight knew he had a better chance of beating GGG than O'sullivan or Vanes and that is why we wanted to see him get the fight.

Real fight fans want to see the best fight possible, given the circumstances, on the biggest weekend for boxing and you are mad at them for that. Worse, you suggest black fans wanting the fight as racist.

You have some real issues.

Comment

He should just fight is mandatory. Due to the excuses he have seen in the past, now isn’t the time not to fight his mando.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                GGG is a nickname made up by someone else.

People that get upset by the nickname that they have to complain about it are really pathetic.
                isn't the thread started a Brit like you? How come the TS isn't expressing priority to unify with the Englishman?

The UK can have an Undisputed Unified Champ before Joshua vs Wilder!

Isn't this an important for British prestige? Can BJS beat Golovkin?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  I still want to know how all of these unproven fighters out there with a dozen or so fights are getting so much hype. So GGG ducked this nobody to fight Vanes? I have a feeling if he fought Dereveyenchenko, he'd be laughed out of the venue for cherry-picking a novice. Meanwhile, the same haters who demand GGG fight him aren't expecting Charlo to fight him.
                  who's more known for difficulty? Devryanchenko or Dominic Wade..... the IBF mandos.

Do you honestly believe Golovkin meant, ''Wade is a dangerous fight...amazing amateur background'' compared to the Russian currently now in the talks?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    GGG will have a good opponent next fight no matter what.
                    This what I think. I think Canelo is the most likely but I don't expect waiting around anymore. I just wonder what BS Canelo might try to pull with testing. That is the only potential hurdle. The fact he isn't already testing isn't a good sign.

Hearing what Sanchez said about Saunders it sound unlikely a deal will be reached. He sounds the least likely of the potential fights in Golovkin's future.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      This what I think. I think Canelo is the most likely but I don't expect waiting around anymore. I just wonder what BS Canelo might try to pull with testing. That is the only potential hurdle. The fact he isn't already testing isn't a good sign.

Hearing what Sanchez said about Saunders it sound unlikely a deal will be reached. He sounds the least likely of the potential fights in Golovkin's future.
                      They're hoping for Murata. I don't think they get that fight. I understand they want big money making fights though.

Comment

Working...
                      X