Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nietes, Palicte Camps Working To Reach Deal For WBO Title Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nietes, Palicte Camps Working To Reach Deal For WBO Title Clash

MANILA, Philippines -- Another All-Filipino battle for a world title is on the horizon as the respective camps of former 3-division world champion Donnie "Ahas" Nietes (41-1-4, 23 KO's) of Bacolod, Negros Occidental, and hard-hitting "Mighty" Aston Palicte (24-2, 20 KO's) of Bago City (also in Negros Occidental) are in deep negotiations for their clash for the vacant WBO Super Flyweight World belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Palicte!

Comment

Tso still injured... winner likely to wind up on the next Superfly card.

I'm guessing against Arroyo or Chocolatito.

Comment

Tough and dangerous fight for nietes. Sucks that i like them both so may the best man win

Comment

I have no issue with Nietes getting an immediate shot at the WBO 'Superfly' championship for his first fight at 115, not many can claim to come from mini-weight all the way up to 115 winning world titles along the way -- speaking of coming up from miniweight to 'Superfly' :

Roman Gonzalez appears to be destined to make case for either the WBC or WBO as is McWilliams Arroyo ; both coming from flyweight are in the #1. - #2. spots for the WBC and WBO at 115.

The winner of Nietes vs. Palicte are in tough with back to back world championship fights against two of the top contenders at jr. bantamweight.

McWilliams maybe in better shape and appears to be getting stronger at this weight from what he was at 112 and hes never been stopped, Gonzalez has not stepped in the ring for a very long time and there's no telling if hes still capable of competing at this level after the brutal KO he suffered at the hand of the #1. and lineal champion Sirsacet Rungvisai in 2017.

One thing is for sure its about to get very interesting, you know Juan Franisco is still out there very hungry and arguably beat Rungvisai ; so many questions to be answered: will Nietes join the short list of boxers winning titles from 105 through 115, can 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez come back? will the darkhorse McWilliams upset whoever the champion is for the WBC or WBO? When is the next 'Superfly' event on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I have no issue with Nietes getting an immediate shot at the WBO 'Superfly' championship for his first fight at 115, not many can claim to come from mini-weight all the way up to 115 winning world titles along the way -- speaking of coming up from miniweight to 'Superfly' :

Roman Gonzalez appears to be destined to make case for either the WBC or WBO as is McWilliams Arroyo ; both coming from flyweight are in the #1. - #2. spots for the WBC and WBO at 115.

The winner of Nietes vs. Palicte are in tough with back to back world championship fights against two of the top contenders at jr. bantamweight.

McWilliams maybe in better shape and appears to be getting stronger at this weight from what he was at 112 and hes never been stopped, Gonzalez has not stepped in the ring for a very long time and there's no telling if hes still capable of competing at this level after the brutal KO he suffered at the hand of the #1. and lineal champion Sirsacet Rungvisai in 2017.

One thing is for sure its about to get very interesting, you know Juan Franisco is still out there very hungry and arguably beat Rungvisai ; so many questions to be answered: will Nietes join the short list of boxers winning titles from 105 through 115, can 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez come back? will the darkhorse McWilliams upset whoever the champion is for the WBC or WBO? When is the next 'Superfly' event on HBO?
            This is what makes 115 so good even the contenders pose serious threats and they definitely earn their spots in rankings unlike a lot who only got rankings because they have powerful promoters.

I still need to see mcwilliams beating another contender for me to be sold on him. His win against cuadras was good but cuadras has been kinda out of his groove ever sincs he struggled with carmona. Cuadras is more like a gatekeeper now.

I support nietes bid to become a 4 division champ but my head is with palicte who is HUGE and powerful plus nietes is climbing who knows if he'll suffer the same fate as gonzalez. But i think nietes has a better chance since unlike chocolatito who slug it out with bigger men nietes style is conservative and opportunistic which means he has less wear and tear even at his soon to be 36 yr old age.

Comment

Working...
            X