Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Algieri's nutrition plan seems to have affected Jacobs' power.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs is not a crisp sharp puncher

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      When was he ever explosive?
      Quillin.‏‏‎‎‏‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏ ‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   

Comment

His power was always overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Quillin.‏‏‎‎‏‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏ ‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   ‏‏‎‎   
          Yeah, I think that says more about Quillin and how that stoppage unfolded.

Comment

Maybe your right
            It might say more about Kid Chocolate than Jacobs
            But when he started his comeback he looked hungrier and vicious than what he’s shown in his last few fights
            Something tells me , something is out of whack here
            Maybe just happy riding that coattail to the bank ( just trying to cash out before having to buy those fughin ugly hats he and his wore tonite )
            He will get that big buck fight one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              This is now the second such fight where it just seems like he's not as explosive as he once was. This all started when he brought Algieri in to help with nutrition - and while he's able to cut easier, I wonder if there's some other effect.
              Diet doesn’t affect punch power

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Diet doesn’t affect punch power
                Diet affects what the muscles get when everything is metabolized.

You're not going on an Edwin Valero KO streak without sufficient protein and good fat intake.

I've seen the nutrition plan. It's not enough for Jacob's weight if the focus is to retain power. It's perfect if the focus is safe cutting without killing oneself.

Comment

Personally I think the stoppage was BS. I also never thought much about Quillin.

I'm referring only to the explosiveness of Jacob's punches in that fight compared to last night. I saw clearly weaker punches from the opening bell.

Comment

he definitely hasnt looked the best, but when did he ever look amazing? hes fighting better comp tho so hey it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      He is fighting better tougher fighters. Same thing happened to Thurman.
                      Sulecki is better than Kid Chocolate and tougher than Caleb Truax ?

Comment

Working...
                      X