No announcement yet.

Wilder to AJ: Just say Yes and the Meeting is On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    OK, the WBO is not seen as being as valuable as the WBC.

Now give me these fighters who were paid less money on the basis of them having the IBF or the WBA over that of the WBC?
    If your new position is that the big 3 are equal and the WBO is a little less valuable, I'm not interested in arguing with you. The difference in value between the WBC and the IBF are not large enough for me to be able to quickly and easily disprove your position and it's not something I'm passionate enough about to spend the time digging very deep to show the differences. WBC vs. WBO is so easy to expose that it doesn't take much time or thought. WBC vs. IBF isn't as easy.

The WBA on the other hand has tarnished themselves so much with the super belt & world belt that I think the damage they've done to their brand is very obvious. When a WBA title is at stake, the average fan is very confused as to whether it's a proper title, a secondary title, a super title, etc.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of countries where due to tradition, the WBC & WBA are seen as the real belts, that the IBF suffers a little bit. In my opinion, the WBA and IBF are essentially equal at this point. The super mess allowed the IBF to catch up to the WBA, not to mention a lot of promoters really liking how strict the IBF is so you know exactly what you're going to get when you deal with them.

Keep in mind in Japan, the IBF & WBO have only recently been allowed. Until 5 years ago, only the WBC & WBA were recognized in the country.

As for why the WBC has the most value, there's a few reasons.

#1 - The WBC has always done the best job of catering to the biggest stars.

#2 - The WBC heavyweight champion has never lost a unification fight ever.

#3 - The WBC was formed by so many of the world's governments, including the previously most prestigious groups like the BBBoC, EBU, NYSAC, etc that it was the closet thing to a true world title as so many of the most powerful agencies joined forces to recognize just one world champion.

#4 - The WBC has spent the most time, money and energy marketing their trademark as well as marketing that green belt. It's the most recognizable belt. It's the belt most fighters dream of holding. It's the belt the TV networks think of as the top belt. These are things that have been ingrained in boxing culture for decades, and before the WBC even existed, it was ingrained in boxing culture that the NYSAC was the top title (which was merged into the WBC). So the WBC's lineage traces back to the most prominent titles for nearly a century.

#5 - The WBC does the most to facilitate the biggest fights. This stems from father Sulaiman being independently wealthy before taking over the WBC and having the ability to put long term success over a few extra dollars in the short term. This is why the WBC is the only group that's never had a bribery scandal. Back in the day, a few grand could get you major favors in the WBA or IBF. In the WBC, Sulaiman would laugh at a few grand and never consider something like that.

#6 - During boxing's Don King/Bob Arum heyday, the WBC was essentially Don King's toy and the WBA was essentially Bob Arum's toy. Since Don King was the #1 promoter with the biggest fights, the WBC ended up seeming like a bigger deal than the WBA, which was aligned with the #2 promoter, who had slightly less important fights overall.

#7 - Mike Tyson won the WBC title first, then went on to demolish the other champions. This really helped to continue the perception that the WBC was the top title.

#8 - Riddick Bowe and Mike Tyson both blatantly ducked Lennox Lewis and vacated to avoid him. Since Lewis went on to become undisputed champion, it proved the WBC correct for standing behind him as the mandatory and later as champion. It was also the belt Lewis held on to the longest, retiring as WBC champion, having discarded the WBA and IBF previously.

#9 - Wladimir Klitschko held the other titles, but his brother Vitali was WBC champion and most experts believed Vitali was the superior fighter and would beat his brother Wladimir. Even though Wladimir was unified, since Vitali was considered the best fighter on the planet, it continued the WBC's history as the top belt.

#10 - Corrie Sanders vacated the WBO heavyweight title so he could fight for the vacant WBC title, one of the most blatant examples of how much more seriously the fighters take the WBC.

#11 - Mayweather spent his entire career tirelessly devoted to the WBC. Since he's the most successful fighter who ever lived and spent decades as WBC champion in five classes, unifying in multiple classes and beating champions of other organizations, it was another example of the WBC getting the most attention and recognition.

#12 - With the BBBoC being considered the one true British title and the EBU being considered the one true European title, and the WBC having been founded by the BBBoC and EBU as the one true world title, the WBC in Europe has always been a step ahead of the others in terms of desirability and prestige. It's the only world title that was created by the official British & European en******.

Comment

Don't understand some people here. The Wilder team is making a big offer and the AJ team appears to have no interest.

Why even care about each guy finances, this fight should get done period before it loses its luster by one of them losing. Remember that this is the HW division and anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        If your new position is that the big 3 are equal and the WBO is a little less valuable, I'm not interested in arguing with you. The difference in value between the WBC and the IBF are not large enough for me to be able to quickly and easily disprove your position and it's not something I'm passionate enough about to spend the time digging very deep to show the differences. WBC vs. WBO is so easy to expose that it doesn't take much time or thought. WBC vs. IBF isn't as easy.

The WBA on the other hand has tarnished themselves so much with the super belt & world belt that I think the damage they've done to their brand is very obvious. When a WBA title is at stake, the average fan is very confused as to whether it's a proper title, a secondary title, a super title, etc.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of countries where due to tradition, the WBC & WBA are seen as the real belts, that the IBF suffers a little bit. In my opinion, the WBA and IBF are essentially equal at this point. The super mess allowed the IBF to catch up to the WBA, not to mention a lot of promoters really liking how strict the IBF is so you know exactly what you're going to get when you deal with them.

Keep in mind in Japan, the IBF & WBO have only recently been allowed. Until 5 years ago, only the WBC & WBA were recognized in the country.

As for why the WBC has the most value, there's a few reasons.

#1 - The WBC has always done the best job of catering to the biggest stars.

#2 - The WBC heavyweight champion has never lost a unification fight ever.

#3 - The WBC was formed by so many of the world's governments, including the previously most prestigious groups like the BBBoC, EBU, NYSAC, etc that it was the closet thing to a true world title as so many of the most powerful agencies joined forces to recognize just one world champion.

#4 - The WBC has spent the most time, money and energy marketing their trademark as well as marketing that green belt. It's the most recognizable belt. It's the belt most fighters dream of holding. It's the belt the TV networks think of as the top belt. These are things that have been ingrained in boxing culture for decades, and before the WBC even existed, it was ingrained in boxing culture that the NYSAC was the top title (which was merged into the WBC). So the WBC's lineage traces back to the most prominent titles for nearly a century.

#5 - The WBC does the most to facilitate the biggest fights. This stems from father Sulaiman being independently wealthy before taking over the WBC and having the ability to put long term success over a few extra dollars in the short term. This is why the WBC is the only group that's never had a bribery scandal. Back in the day, a few grand could get you major favors in the WBA or IBF. In the WBC, Sulaiman would laugh at a few grand and never consider something like that.

#6 - During boxing's Don King/Bob Arum heyday, the WBC was essentially Don King's toy and the WBA was essentially Bob Arum's toy. Since Don King was the #1 promoter with the biggest fights, the WBC ended up seeming like a bigger deal than the WBA, which was aligned with the #2 promoter, who had slightly less important fights overall.

#7 - Mike Tyson won the WBC title first, then went on to demolish the other champions. This really helped to continue the perception that the WBC was the top title.

#8 - Riddick Bowe and Mike Tyson both blatantly ducked Lennox Lewis and vacated to avoid him. Since Lewis went on to become undisputed champion, it proved the WBC correct for standing behind him as the mandatory and later as champion. It was also the belt Lewis held on to the longest, retiring as WBC champion, having discarded the WBA and IBF previously.

#9 - Wladimir Klitschko held the other titles, but his brother Vitali was WBC champion and most experts believed Vitali was the superior fighter and would beat his brother Wladimir. Even though Wladimir was unified, since Vitali was considered the best fighter on the planet, it continued the WBC's history as the top belt.

#10 - Corrie Sanders vacated the WBO heavyweight title so he could fight for the vacant WBC title, one of the most blatant examples of how much more seriously the fighters take the WBC.

#11 - Mayweather spent his entire career tirelessly devoted to the WBC. Since he's the most successful fighter who ever lived and spent decades as WBC champion in five classes, unifying in multiple classes and beating champions of other organizations, it was another example of the WBC getting the most attention and recognition.

#12 - With the BBBoC being considered the one true British title and the EBU being considered the one true European title, and the WBC having been founded by the BBBoC and EBU as the one true world title, the WBC in Europe has always been a step ahead of the others in terms of desirability and prestige. It's the only world title that was created by the official British & European en******.
        So you can't answer me on fighters being paid more money on the basis of having the WBC over the IBF and the WBA?

You've just wasted your time on a load of nonsense. But i especially love your "A WBC Heavyweight champ has never lost a unification" Haha. Like that has anything to do with what I asked you.

Maybe next time you'll get to the point.

Comment

So you can't answer me on fighters being paid more money on the basis of having the WBC over the IBF and the WBA?
          I can, but I'm refusing to, because as I already explained, I'm not going to allow you to move the goal posts.

Comment

I can, but I'm refusing to, because as I already explained, I'm not going to allow you to move the goal posts.
            Yeah, sure. You keep telling me you could but can't for what ever reason. It's complete nonsense that's why. No WBA or IBF champion was paid less because of the title they held but would have been paid more for having the WBC title regardless of the opponent. It just never happened.

Comment

Yeah, sure. You keep telling me you could but can't for what ever reason.
              because i wont allow you to trap me in a vortex.

you said all four equal. i proved you wrong. now youre moving the goal posts. if i humor that tactic, it can become never ending. every time i prove you wrong you can just change your position again.
              Last edited by N/A; 05-04-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

because i wont allow you to trap me in a vortex.

you said all four equal. i proved you wrong. now youre moving the goal posts. if i humor that tactic, it can become never ending. every time i prove you wrong you can just change your position again.
                What do you mean every time? I accept the WBC was seen in the past as being the more valuable title. But these days, not so much. With the WBC being corrupt and making up rules as they go along to suit their cause, I don't see how being WBC champ over being WBO champ is better. You don't get a higher ranking because of it because that would be pure stupidity. A fighters ranking should be based on who you beat, not some stupid bauble you have.

You tried to claim you earned more money for being WBC champion over being IBF and WBA champion, so I want to see you give me examples of fighters being paid more money on the basis of having the WBC over the other 2. You can't because it doesn't happen. I've never seen any TV company or promoter pay their fighters more on the basis of what title they own. They're paid on how big a star they are, how many viewers they bring to TV and by how many tickets they sell. Saying anything else is just pure nonsense.

Comment

Comment

What do you mean every time? I accept the WBC was seen in the past as being the more valuable title. But these days, not so much. With the WBC being corrupt and making up rules as they go along to suit their cause, I don't see how being WBC champ over being WBO champ is better. You don't get a higher ranking because of it because that would be pure stupidity. A fighters ranking should be based on who you beat, not some stupid bauble you have.

You tried to claim you earned more money for being WBC champion over being IBF and WBA champion, so I want to see you give me examples of fighters being paid more money on the basis of having the WBC over the other 2. You can't because it doesn't happen. I've never seen any TV company or promoter pay their fighters more on the basis of what title they own. They're paid on how big a star they are, how many viewers they bring to TV and by how many tickets they sell. Saying anything else is just pure nonsense.
                    Id actually like to see the lowest paid champions in HW history bc in 7 title defenses Wilders avg . has been 1.4 Million i believe ,he has even a 900 K fight .

Thats one of the strangest things ive seen in boxing for a HW champion K.O artist .

I think Joshuas opponents make more then that ?

Comment

• How can you say YES before discussing the deal on a MEETING?

Comment

Working...
                      X