Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Contacts Hearn, Reacts To 'Publicity Stunt' Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
    Do you think Parker demanded proof for AJ's last fight?
    He didn't need it.

Matchroom have a reputation for making big money and paying Joshua's opponents well.

Wilder has no reputation and has never earned more than $2m for a fight.

That's the difference.

Comment

Joshua says he'd take the fight if they offer $50m.

They offer $50m.

Harns says they're interested, but all they've had so far is an email of Wilder, no further details. He's sceptical but they have a meet on Friday so they will discuss details then.

Finkel says, no accept the offer now or we won't even come to the meeting to discuss details.

This is not normal, or how it's done. I think the posters calling it a stunt from the off seem to have called it right.
      I think I'll bow out of these threads from now on and leave everyone to it. I did the same with Pac/May and Canelo/GGG neogoation threads, and Wilder/Joshua is hitting those heights now.

I'll just wait and watch the fight when it's go time.

Comment

Its a huge offer and am impressed but cant see the fight doing 100m like but aj stil get his 50m either way so sign on the dotted line make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Seriously, why are Team Wilder doing this in public when a meeting was already set for today.

Just stfu and present the details to Team Joshua so they can go through it. Don't stall meetings and talk bull**** in the media to try and stall for time so that Joshua has to retreat to sort out his mandatory.
          Because the public need to know if AJ/Eddie ducks this fight. Its the best leverage they have.

Once the public realise Eddie and AJ are running scared, they wont be throwing money at him to watch him fight C grade and B grade opponents. So putting this in the public is forcing Eddie to make the fight and not play games.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyBeingHonest View Post
            Im a Wilder fan but cmon, why not just meet?
            Did you bother reading the dang email?

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
            This whole publicly played out process is scripted from both sides.
            Hype train.
            No it's not, stop being a casual.

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
            There needs to be a contract to sign guaranteeing the money. A contract is binding. They would have to pay Joshua $50 million regardless of what the fight makes. Is there an actual contract to sign?
            Learn how to read dammit!!!

Originally posted by Shelly Finkel
            With all due respect you know Al and I for a long time and you know this is not a publicity stunt. I assure you that we’re serious and we would be glad to sit down with you and provide proper security for the funding and work out all the details.

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            he's essentially saying "confirm that aj will accept 50 if its real and then we'll sit down and show you that it's real."

otherwise you risk sitting down, revealing all your cards, and then eddie says "we need 60."

this is common sense. if hearn will accept 50 pending certain details and proof of funds, theyll sit down to negotiate those details and show proof of funds.
            Thanks for this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              He wasnt sued actually. Lol. I think you completely misunderstand that suit. I
              OK, I see you would like to split hairs. The suit is technically against Wadell and Reed, yes. But the suit was filed because Haymon took that money and squandered half a billion in a very short time period with nothing to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                I guess Floyd and manny saw they guaranteed purses before they fought..... or how about ggg and canelo saw they guaranteed purses.......
                They knew where it was coming from. We know Wilder himself can't afford it. So Hearn wants to know who's providing the guarantee. That's a fair question to ask. I don't see the problem, why don't Wilder want to say?

Comment

Wait, didn't AJ already say, "let's roll!"? How much more of an agreement does Finkel need?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                    Joshua says he'd take the fight if they offer $50m.

They offer $50m.

Harns says they're interested, but all they've had so far is an email of Wilder, no further details. He's sceptical but they have a meet on Friday so they will discuss details then.

Finkel says, no accept the offer now or we won't even come to the meeting to discuss details.

This is not normal, or how it's done. I think the posters calling it a stunt from the off seem to have called it right.
                    I think I'll bow out of these threads from now on and leave everyone to it. I did the same with Pac/May and Canelo/GGG neogoation threads, and Wilder/Joshua is hitting those heights now.

I'll just wait and watch the fight when it's go time.
                    its not crazy or outrageous

joshua boldly proclaimed the fight aint worth that money and if they showed it he would take it......a legit manager with legit backing from haymon and showtime claim to have the funds

these arent rinky dinks out here...haymon, espinoza and finkel all have stronggggggg reps

they laid out parameters...that it would be where wilder chose.....the offer is all but public.....hearn just doesnt believe they have the money

they said accept what you said you would accept and we will prove the money is there and guaranteed....its some gamesmenship on finkel/wilders part for sure....but its not a sign of a bluff or fake deal/pr stunt

hearn has messed with them plenty in public....now they are getting a little taste of gamesmenship

Comment

This kind of negotiating while informing the press tells me that this CLEARLY is a PR stunt. The fight won’t happen this time around. Guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                      X