Dan Rafael ~vs~ Spike Sullivan Twitter War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    Hahaha, the people have spoken!
    Yes, his whole 2 thousand followers on Twitter have spoken, you'd think Spike was a 13yo prepubescent teen with the way he is acting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Again stop lying he said they made 1 offer I agreed. Then they dropped it I was disappointed but I was willing to agree to fight in Vegas but they passed on me for Munguai. Then they moved it to LA OFF PPV after Munguai wasn't aproved and they dropped the offer even more and golden boy had a bigger money fight on the table. They offered him a 3 fight deal because he can't get that fight NOW. 1 fight will be a tune up. No difference then GGG saying I will take less money now for May 5th because I have a bigger fight on the table for Sept. Spike made the decision not Golden Boy. Not once did he say Golden Boy wouldn't let me fight GGG which is how you are trying to portray it. Golden Boy is his promoter GGG offered him shyt money you want them to just let GGG screw him over and not do their job and get him a better payday? If GGG offered him what they said they would none of this would be an issue. Offer fair money then guys won't pass for other fights.

FACT Spike never agreed to the 400K amount and then backed out. He agreed to original offers for more money and only turned it down after they cut his pay.
      FACT Golden Boy never refused to allow him to fight GGG.

Stop blaming everyone else for business decisions and shyt fights that GGG makes.
      dude right now paul is picking and choosing what to bring from that article... as you see I posted something from that same link....

hes just at the moment maybe high or drunk or something its not normal of him....

then again its ggg so you dont know if hes a gggroupie in hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He literally says in the highlighted text that even after the money was halved that it was still a "good enough" offer.

It stopped being "good enough" when Eric Gomez offered him more money to pass on the fight and stay on May 4th.
        and did you not read about the money going lower than 1/2?

thats all over boxingscene again you are nitpicking what you want to be true for you

you should be ashamed of yourself paul

this is not like you

Comment

He literally says in the highlighted text that even after the money was halved that it was still a "good enough" offer.

It stopped being "good enough" when Eric Gomez offered him more money to pass on the fight and stay on May 4th.
          dude let it go even in the highlighted quote it doesn't say that. He said the lowered it and it was still good enough...now read the sentence in your highlight directly after that. BUT THEN IT WAS MOVED TO LOS ANGELES AND THERE WAS ANOTHER OFFER. According to all reports once they moved it to LA was part of the move from PPV to regular HBO and the new shyt half offer. Stop lying saying he agreed to that then backed out. He agreed to the numbers when it was STILL in vegas on PPV for MORE money. They cut his pay to the same amount Davis is paying for Cuellar on undercard fights and you blame him for not fighting for peanuts? Stop trying to spin this as everyone elses fault but GGG for offering cheap BS offer

If you find a single quote from Spike or GGG's camp saying he agreed to the shyt 400K offer then backed out the fight we can kill him but so far he agreed to 1 offer then they bullshyted with him and tried a bait and switch cutting his pay in half. That's not backing out a fight no matter how you try to spin it.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-24-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

dude let it go even in the highlighted quote it doesn't say that. He said the lowered it and it was still good enough...now read the sentence in your highlight directly after that. BUT THEN IT WAS MOVED TO LOS ANGELES AND THERE WAS ANOTHER OFFER. According to all reports once they moved it to LA was part of the move from PPV to regular HBO and the new shyt half offer. Stop lying saying he agreed to that then backed out. He agreed to the numbers when it was STILL in vegas on PPV for MORE money. They cut his pay to the same amount Davis is paying for Cuellar on undercard fights and you blame him for not fighting for peanuts? Stop trying to spin this as everyone elses fault but GGG for offering cheap BS offer
            Visibly upset about the Spike fight not happening? Figures, Spike O'Sullivan is world class.

Comment

like I said paul right now is picking and choosing what he wants to read so it can be true for him

“Money-wise it’s not on PPV and the fight’s not worth the money that it should be. They dragged it out for over a week and we got nothing official. [B]And the money kept on diminishing as well[/B]. They made an initial offer I agreed to then they came back with half of that," O'Sullivan told SiriusXM Boxing Radio.

https://www.boxingscene.com/osulliva...halved--127176

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                im disappointed in you paul......

I thought you were better than that but here you are making excuses and conspiracy theories about may 5th
                Making excuses by.... posting quotes from the horses mouth? And believing two of the most credible journalists in the sport that they heard Golden Boy didn't want GGG to move forward with the May date?

People are trying to throw GGG under the bus for not fighting his mandatory on 3 weeks notice when he has the Canelo megafight in Sept..... You guys would make horrible managers. This is a tuneup and I don't care if it's Sullivan, Martirosyan, or Laila ****in Ali.

I trashed Golovkin for not taking Mora's offer to fight him for 299k a few years back (on short notice IIRC) and that **** goes both ways. 400k isn't enough money to fight for the titles against an aging champion? GTFO. Monroe got like 100k for fucks sake.
                Last edited by paulf; 04-24-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  He turned it down cause like a sucka he is chasing that payday with Canelo, never really bought into his "it's all about the belts" shtick. The truth applies to everyone, I don't care what fighter it is. I've said on here several times (not this particular thread) that GGG should just delay it another month and fight Billy in June. Too bad his team is too busy letting another fighter dictate what they do with GGG's career
                  There's a semblance of truth here in that Loeffler is still chasing Canelo like a sucker, however you're really, really far off from reality of the situation. Here are just the few major things you're missing:

1. Golovkin didn't 'turn down' anything. There was no offer. BJS still has a fight scheduled for June, a fight he signed up for months ago.
                  2. BJS has proven himself to be a pain in the ass to negotiate with. K2 had limited time to find something before they lost the date. No, they're not going to lose the date in vain hopes that BJS will finally agree to fight.
                  3. A boxer's training regiment is based around the fighter peaking at the end of it. Postponing the fight by a month would put Golovkin in limbo - either he trains for an extra ~1-2 months (depending how late in June fight was), or he stops and then continues half assed camp in early May. In either case, he wont be close to his best. It's why in 90% of fights a replacement is found instead of moving the date.

In short, BJS fight had no real chance of happening. These folks are just finding more random **** to whine about like little b1tches they are.

Comment

Making excuses by.... posting quotes from the horses mouth? And supporting the suggestion by two of the most credible journalists in the sport that they heard Golden Boy didn't want GGG to move forward with the May date?

People are trying to throw GGG under the bus for not fighting his mandatory on 3 weeks notice when he has the Canelo megafight in Sept..... You guys would make horrible managers. This is a tuneup and I don't care if it's Sullivan, Martirosyan, or Laila ****in Ali.

I trashed Golovkin for not taking Mora's offer to fight him for 299k a few years back (on short notice IIRC) and that **** goes both ways. 400k isn't enough money to fight for the titles against an aging champion? GTFO. Monroe got like 100k for fucks sake.
                    so what if its 3 weeks notice? How does that effect GGG exactly since it would be a short notice for Derevyanchenko huh? Wow what a bullshit excuse coming from you!

and its "what they heard" that does NOT make it a FACT because a fact is something that can be proven...

and you aint no boxing manager either stay being a fan you hypocrite
                    Last edited by bigjavi973; 04-24-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BombSquad View Post
                      Visibly upset about the Spike fight not happening? Figures, Spike O'Sullivan is world class.
                      This was shyt mismatch to begin with. Who's upset this fight isn't happening because I haven't found anyone on here making claim. But GGG fangirls trying to blame someone else for why the Vanes fight is happening. Let's be clear Vanes, Mungugai, Spike are all shyt fights. But they dragging up Vanes off 2 year layoff coming off a loss in his last fight because they cheaped out with Spike. GGG paid weak azz Rubio 450K and house arrest bum Wade 500K and this was before he became the so called superstar now he offering dudes 400K and a used GGG t-shirt and if you don't take the fight you are to blame not them. Especially when they already offer you more money then play games cutting it in half.

GGG should of fought his mandatory or Saunders instead of any of these clowns then he wouldn't be getting killed for cheaping out with Spike or fighting a gatekeeper 154lber who hasn't won a fight since 2015.
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-24-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X