Was Vargas vs Broner a Fair Result?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Vargas vs Broner a Fair Result?

All hate for Broner aside

I watched the fight just now, scored it a draw, thought it was a fair result. Vargas came on strong, but he faded and Broner started throwing his hands...
    Fair
    68.18%
    Not Fair
    31.82%

Yes it was fair. And I had a parlay of Frampton, Davis, and Vargas so I lost money on that fight. But yes it was fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yes it was fair. And I had a parlay of Frampton, Davis, and Vargas so I lost money on that fight. But yes it was fair.
      Yea i was reading this forum and i was led to believe it was a one sided fight

Comment

I thought that Vargas edged it out but a draw wasn't a bad decision either.

Comment

I think they got it right.
          I saw Vargas winning the first six and Broner winning the last six.
          If either man could of just edged out a close round it could of gone their way.

Comment

Broner just stood there and shook his head 'no' the entire first half of the fight.

Comment

It was a very close fight.... I had Vargas winning 7-5 but it was very close.... ppl call it a robbery because of hatred of Broner.

Comment

I didn't score it. I find score to take away from my enjoyment of a fight nowadays. But despite not scoring it it seemed a fight within the margin of error of a draw.

Randomly in looking at both guys they've both been in a nice share of close fights that one could argue could have gone the other way. Think Vargas could have like 7 L's and I think Broner could have 1 or 2 more himself so wasn't really super surprising it was so close and competitive.

Comment

I thought Vargas deserved the win. Broner came on strong late in the fight when Vargas tired but when I added up the rounds Vargas won 7 of them on my score card. I thought the draw was unfair to Vargas but it wasn't a robbery. It was a fairly close fight but Vargas was the winner for me.

Comment

It doesnt matter if Vargas faded , he STILL won the first half of the fight .

You just dont PENALIZE a more active fighter bc punch count drops if hes still winning rounds . That makes ZERO sense .

No question Vargas won IF your actually counting PUNCHES that LAND . lol

The nonsensical compu box didnt even reflect reality to all the body punches Broner actually took . SMH

Broner would have had to win every round after rnd 6 to win the fight . No one can tell me he won 6 rnds after mid point unless you were intoxicated , a draw bc its competitive is just judges being biased or incompetent !
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-23-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X