Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Would Have to Be Pay-Per-View Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I heard him. He said the time wasnt right. Now he needs a PPV. Whats next?

And I think loma already declared he was styaing at 135.

Comment

New day, new excuse. But honestly, Tank is just bringing to light in plain, obvious terms what all these modern North American boxers have been doing for decades ever since RJJ and Floyd gave the blueprint for how to be a ducker. Tank just isn't as skilled at lying about it as they are.

Look at Ward. Wouldn't face Kovalev or anyone dangerous until it was on PPV and Kovalev was past prime.

Look at Canelo. Wouldn't face GGG until it was on PPV and GGG was old.

Look at Mikey. Still not fighting anyone good, is just going to keep fighting B-level guys until he can get a PPV fight either at welterweight or against Lomachenko at 135.

Heck, even Lomachenko's team wants to wait until the Mikey fight is PPV before making it, but the key difference is they are actually seeking out top names to beat in the meantime to actually GROW Loma into a PPV fighter. That's the step all these ducker hypejobs try to skip because they know they're not good enough to actually beat top names on the way to building a PPV fight, so instead they try to fake it. Also, Mikey is way bigger than Loma, so yeah, if Tank was willing to fight all the best guys his size or smaller (such as Loma), but demanded it be PPV if he was going to fight Errol Spence, that would be totally fair and reasonable. That's what Loma is doing (yes, Mikey's size to Loma's really is about the same as Spence's compared to Tank's. Look it up). But Tank isn't doing that. He's saying, 'I have never fought a top opponent, and if you ever want me to, it has to be on PPV.'

Which is just his latest excuse. All these Al Haymon duckers are ruining boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Ahhhhh.

No I'm good put that **** on ESPN.
        Would you pay for it on PPV?

Comment

“If they’re ready to put it on pay-per-view, let’s do it,” Davis said Saturday night after his knockout of Jesus Cuellar. “If not, no.”

Requesting they put it on PPV otherwise you won't fight him? This is a flat out duck. SMH You know damn well you aint a PPV fighter. You fighting on undercards on Showtime and Loma fighting the biggest fight of his career and that ain't PPV either. Just say you scared to fight him and cut this nonsense. Asking for something you know they can't deliver to kill a potential fight.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
            Last time I heard him. He said the time wasnt right. Now he needs a PPV. Whats next?

Last time he said it wasn’t right now he saying he’s ready as long as he gets paid. Lol I sure hope you Loma fans don’t turn into AJ fans and start putting up road blocks for the fight. He ready to fight now y’all said he was ducking well he ain’t ducking no more

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Would you pay for it on PPV?
              Nah, I'm never buying another boxing PPV again unless the card is super stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post

Tank has failed to make 130 on first try what, 3 out of his last 4 fights? 135 is an advantage for Tank, not Loma. I'm sure it was their team's plan to wait until Loma moved up before even considering the fight. Now Tank will be able to have an even bigger weight advantage at 135 than he would having to drain to 130.

Now they just need to wait until Lomachenko gets old, too, so that they can have the age advantage as well, and the Floyd/Haymon blueprint will be 100% in place like usual to manipulate the outcome of fights in their favor and create an illusion of greatness.

But yeah, weight will be no issue in this fight. Tank is bigger than Loma. If Loma had moved down to 126, then it would be an issue, but moving up to 135 only favors Tank.

Comment

I'm just gonna stop getting excited about potential fights and save the excitement for when they actually get made. We've been getting jerked around way too much lately and I don't have anymore energy left for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Tank has failed to make 130 on first try what, 3 out of his last 4 fights? 135 is an advantage for Tank, not Loma. I'm sure it was their team's plan to wait until Loma moved up before even considering the fight. Now Tank will be able to have an even bigger weight advantage at 135 than he would having to drain to 130.

Now they just need to wait until Lomachenko gets old, too, so that they can have the age advantage as well, and the Floyd/Haymon blueprint will be 100% in place like usual to manipulate the outcome of fights in their favor and create an illusion of greatness.

But yeah, weight will be no issue in this fight. Tank is bigger than Loma. If Loma had moved down to 126, then it would be an issue, but moving up to 135 only favors Tank.
                    Why doesn't he move up then? He looked really drained in interviews and there's nothing left at 130 except Berchelt and who knows if that could be done because of promotional reasons. 135 is hot now so he should just move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      It would probably bomb on ppv but if it that's what it takes to make the fight then make it happen, Crawford vs Postol was ppv.
                      yup and it was a disaster that lost money and Crawford hasn't been on a PPV since. They just faked a injury and moved his fight from PPV to ESPN+ for a reason. Crawford who is a bigger star then Davis ain't even fighting on PPV. A Loma/Davis fight would do horrible PPV figures and lose money for the promoters. It's just not realistic and for Davis to throw that out there shows he has no intentions of fighting Loma. Hell he beefed with his own promoter just for mentioned that he wanted him to fight Loma now he is saying I will only fight him on PPV when you know that can't happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X