Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Would Have to Be Pay-Per-View Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, PPV then. Buuut...full refund to everybody if you say to Loma ''no mas''. And at what weight anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
      Okay, PPV then. Buuut...full refund to everybody if you say to Loma ''no mas''. And at what weight anyway?
      Floyd said he wants a unification at 130 between Tank & Loma. He said that in some recent videos just after he dropped the Tank vs Loma is next bomb. He knows that Loma will be forced to vacate his 130 WBO title after beating Linares for the WBA "Super" and Ring ****zine titles at 135. No title for Loma at 130? No unification can happen next at 130. Just another heavy roadblock in the way of this fight because they'd rather drop Loma's name than fight him. This interview with Floyd is from April 7. It's timestamped and it mentions a "unification" bout being what they allegedly want to put together next.

https://youtu.be/BKJeFfyjAog?t=113
      Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 04-23-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• The PPV would “Tank” Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          Isn't the main reason for not fighting Derevyanchenko because of the risk-reward angle? Even Loeffler and his fans say that. They want more money to do that. Remember, this guy is his mandatory, as well.
          Lol seriously? The rewards are not comparable. If Davis beats Lomachenko he’s beating in many people’s eyes the pound for pound number one fighter in the world (not my eyes) and he becomes an instant superstar. If ggg beats drevyenko he’s beat “an overhyped euro bum who’s only had 12 fights” and you know that’s how people will spin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            Little ****chenko scared to get that azz knocked out by Tank
            You're quite clearly angry at Gervonta saying this knowing full well it's not a PPV fight. Tank is ducking so you're lashing out at the fighter he's scared of.

Haha you clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
              PPV? This clown was the opening fight of an Adrien Broner main event. The lil fat midget scared of Loma. Truly pathetic.
              He knows he will get his azz whooped, He knows he is not PPV material, he just lost the damn belt recently on a scale - so that just another way of ducking the fight, similar of overpricing himself.
              Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 04-23-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                Lol seriously? The rewards are not comparable. If Davis beats Lomachenko he’s beating in many people’s eyes the pound for pound number one fighter in the world (not my eyes) and he becomes an instant superstar. If ggg beats drevyenko he’s beat “an overhyped euro bum who’s only had 12 fights” and you know that’s how people will spin it.
                Who is your #1 Pound-for-Pound? The last four opponents of his have been so thoroughly outclassed that they've retired on their stools. Rigo was the Ring's P4P #5 and ESPN's P4P #7. He was rated as the best defensive fighter in the sport, Lomachenko was rated #2. After that fight Loma became the #1 defensive fighter in the sport and still holds the highest plus-minus rating by a wide margin. He hasn't lost a round in four years and in 12 fights he'll have fought in three divisions. He's top 3 P4P on every major list; the Ring's, TBRB's, BoxRec's & ESPN's. He will beat Linares and if he looks even close to as dominant as he has over the last few years then he'll take the #1 spot probably on all of those lists.

Sor Rungvisai is the only guy with the best recent resume and he looks quite beatable (gets hit a lot) compared to Loma. He arguably lost to a smaller Gonzalez in their first fight and had a very competitive close fight with Estrada last time out. Crawford doesn't have a P4P guy on his resume yet. Loma and Sor Rungvisai do and GGG should have one as well with Canelo.
                Last edited by Pugilisticuffs; 04-23-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• It would def tank but this is one of the best fights in boxing easily. Tabi, as much as I don't like him, is very talented. I still think it's a 70-30 fight. But I still wanna see how Loma faces a guy who wants to pressure him with power/speed/accuracy

Comment

• Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
                    top rank already comfirmed they been talking. he responded in a day.
                    I haven't seen that. If so, why is Tank talking Farmer vs. Dib? Maybe Kevin Cunningham is not onboard with that?

Comment

• I'd pay $19.99 for it! But lets see how things go in the Linares fight first. But this fight would be exciting I think. There would be a lot going on in there - every single second, guaranteed!
                      Last edited by richardt; 04-23-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X