Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Bring on Golovkin - I Want That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    They like calling out fights they know are not easy to make.

Jacobs still has Haymon for his advisor.

For some reason Daniel is not in Charlo's radar screen.
    More shook lil g fans....lol....#Lions Only

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      GGG is my dude but I think this kid is all wrong for him.

He hits harder and sharper than Jacobs. He's never off balance or sloppy like Danny either (which is how Danny got dropped).

His jab is the best in that division, and his counters on the inside are truly textbook shots.

I rewatched the Williams and Trout fights along with this one in the last 48 hours. The ring IQ of this Charlo is serious. He's a patient stalker who sees everything on the inside.

He'd fight GGG coming forward, not backwards. It'll be one for the history books if it happens. Somebody would go.
      That's what I'm really curious about seeing as well. Watching Charlo fight, I can't imagine him fighting backwards. Though I couldn't imagine Jacobs or Canelo fighting backwards like they did against GGG either.

I really don't know how Charlo would come out against GGG - but I do remember a video a couple years ago where the Charlos were saying people would say they ran if they beat GGG.

I don't think we've seen Charlo have to fight going backwards, because he has never been in with a guy who can really punch.
      I think GGG controls distance and range so well, with such a strong jab (not sure how anyone can say Charlo has a better jab than GGG right now...) it forces guys to take a step back rather than engaging with him. You just do it on instinct. (Watching Jacobs GGG or Canelo GGG, especially early on in those fights, is pretty illustrative of that.)

Taking that step back is the only way you can avoid taking the full shot, and it also helps you retain your balance. If you try and go toe-to-toe with someone who is outboxing/out maneuvering you, you are basically a sitting duck if he is breaking you down. I think naturally Charlo would try to move around in that situation. He does have impressive power off the back foot (Jrock uppercut), so it makes the matchup very intriguing on that level as well.

Hope we see it, but don't really see it happening soon. Canelo/BJS/Dervy all probably have priority over him. I'd like to see Charlo up his level of competition a little bit in the next couple of fights to see where he really is. He looks the part but besides Trout he hasn't fought anyone who we really know what their level is. I'd like to see him fight Lemieux or Willie Monroe Jr next, some guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy gold View Post
        So charlo beats a cripple and and a guy that’s beern knockout by an unknown polish fighter with 38 percent ko ration And know he the boogeymantell that clown to get in line he don’t bring no money or belts at all only interem lol
        Shook lil g fans are stuck on the obvious weak excuses....lmmfao

Comment

He beat Trout easily. The closet judge card was 115 - 113, the other two were 116 - 112...this site had it 116-112. Dan Rafael had it 116 - 112. I had it 116 - 112. Showtime had it 116 - 112.

It wasn't close at all. Charlo cleary won that fight. Keep the nonsense. Come with some solid analysis.

And Charlo has Ko'd the same caliber of opponents as GGG (and he's my guy).
          Lol dude that is where you guys just lose the plot...Charlo is a great improving fighter...but KOing J rock/42 year old k9/Wilky at 154...and a one legged Heiland and not good Centeno...I mean that is not the same level as Monroe Jr/Brook/Stevens/Lemieux/Murray/Macklin/Geale.

I like Charlo - but the one guy on that level he fought - Trout - he couldn't knock down or stop. We still don't really know Charlo's level yet.

Comment

Who would you say had a better jab? GGG is the only person that comes to mind b/c his jab is more educated but I prefer Charlos style. It's always firm and balanced and whenever he takes a shot or gets in an exchange, he almost always comes back with a double jab to control the other guy.

Jacobs has a sharper jab, but he doesn't utilize it the way Charlo does.

I guess what I meant was for his style, he utilizes his jab better than most.
            I think it's Jermall's power. lil g has a better jab like you mentioned & in the fight with Hugo last night we saw Hugo have a better jab than Jermall, Jermall is just too strong & shows patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
              That's what I'm really curious about seeing as well. Watching Charlo fight, I can't imagine him fighting backwards. Though I couldn't imagine Jacobs or Canelo fighting backwards like they did against GGG either.

I really don't know how Charlo would come out against GGG - but I do remember a video a couple years ago where the Charlos were saying people would say they ran if they beat GGG.

I don't think we've seen Charlo have to fight going backwards, because he has never been in with a guy who can really punch.
              I think GGG controls distance and range so well, with such a strong jab (not sure how anyone can say Charlo has a better jab than GGG right now...) it forces guys to take a step back rather than engaging with him. You just do it on instinct. (Watching Jacobs GGG or Canelo GGG, especially early on in those fights, is pretty illustrative of that.)

Taking that step back is the only way you can avoid taking the full shot, and it also helps you retain your balance. If you try and go toe-to-toe with someone who is outboxing/out maneuvering you, you are basically a sitting duck if he is breaking you down. I think naturally Charlo would try to move around in that situation. He does have impressive power off the back foot (Jrock uppercut), so it makes the matchup very intriguing on that level as well.

Hope we see it, but don't really see it happening soon. Canelo/BJS/Dervy all probably have priority over him. I'd like to see Charlo up his level of competition a little bit in the next couple of fights to see where he really is. He looks the part but besides Trout he hasn't fought anyone who we really know what their level is. I'd like to see him fight Lemieux or Willie Monroe Jr next, some guys like that.
              I clarified my jab comment above. GGG has an educated jab no doubt.

You touched on it a bit, but the one thing I think gives Charlo a real shot is his ability to counter from the pocket with poise. Everything is controlled and balanced. He and his brother have great eyes under fire imo.

It is true, we really haven't seen him in with a guy who can truly make him take that step back. But isn't that saying something if GGG appears to be the only guy up for that job?

Comment

Go back watch some tape on Danny and you'll see what I'm saying. Charlo doesn't fight going backwards. He's either going to take a beating by a sharper guy or he's going to walk you down w/ the intent to stop you.

I'm just going off of what I see Danny doing on film. Very athletic guy with solid pop, but I think crisp punching from a comparable opponent will be his undoing. I think balance is the key in that fight.
                Besides Pirog and GGG, when have you ever seen Danny fight going backwards? He has a higher KO % than Charlo, all at middleweight. I don't think Charlo would walk him down that easily at all.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Another shook lil g fan....lol
                  Haha. You must be new here. I despise cuckboy g.

I'm just not a bandwagon hopper. Beating Centeno doesn't make you elite after getting a draw with Austin Trout. Sorry bud

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                    Lol dude that is where you guys just lose the plot...Charlo is a great improving fighter...but KOing J rock/42 year old k9/Wilky at 154...and a one legged Heiland and not good Centeno...I mean that is not the same level as Monroe Jr/Brook/Stevens/Lemieux/Murray/Macklin/Geale.

I like Charlo - but the one guy on that level he fought - Trout - he couldn't knock down or stop. We still don't really know Charlo's level yet.
                    Trout can box & move, lil g is a slow footed robot. Jermall K.O.'s lil g.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                      Besides Pirog and GGG, when have you ever seen Danny fight going backwards? He has a higher KO % than Charlo, all at middleweight. I don't think Charlo would walk him down that easily at all.
                      I just think Danny's has a tendency to fall asleep sometimes and it makes him vulnerable. A great example is the Mora knockdown. He's definitely a more versatile boxer, but I think his flaws match up well with Charlo.

Comment

Working...
                      X