Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn Laying down the LAW!(epic rant)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearn says paying Wilder 12.5 million is the same as paying Wilder a 32% share of the money available to pay the fighters. Why doesn't he offer Wilder a 32% share of than money rather than the flat fee of 12.5 million??? He also says he overpaid AJ's past opponents but he will not overpay Wilder. Why does the low pay start with Wilder? This isn't some fair and neutral guy talking. This is AJ's promoter wanting to pay Wilder as little as possible so he and AJ can keep as much money as possible. He isn't trying to be fair. He said 12.5 million is his final offer so there is no point in a Wilder counter offer AJ fans keep demanding. I don't think he wants AJ to fight Wilder. He makes a lowball unreasonable offer he knows will be refused so he can claim he tried to make the fight. I don't think this fight will happen. Hearn himself said AJ can make huge money fighting no risk opponents and that is obviously what AJ will continue to do. He will still have to fight his mandatory challenger so maybe there will be a new champion who will fight Wilder.

Comment

How is saying we won't pay you much money to fight us "laying down the law"? In boxing it's called pricing yourself out.

Comment

this fight will generate a ridiculous amount of money because both of the names involved. wilder would be a fool to take a flat-fee.

hearn is being typical here.

Comment

I don’t see the fight happening this year. I just don’t.

The flat fee offer is silly and shows a lack of respect and a lack of interest in the fight (for now, anyway). It’s a little disingenuous to think it’s a legit offer.

Joshua will probably take on Povetkin next. And if he fights again this year, possibly Whyte or Miller.

Wilder has less options. He’ll fight Breazeale and then either Kownacki or Whyte. And maybe, just maybe, we’ll see Joshua-Wilder next year

Comment

Working...
          X