No announcement yet.

Let me ask you guys a couple questions that I need

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holler View Post
    He shouldn't. He's the victim in this and it seems wrong the victim suffers.

Although I don't know if there was any deferment for the Canelo match which is now considered to have lapsed?

Usually in these cases it means someone very influential would benefit from an alternative outcome.
    Boxing is missing over the weight fights, and non title-stay busy fights. The more titles the more mandatories. This is why I don’t value all of the belts.

Comment

I was going over this yesterday on twitter. since the canelo fall out, ggg should wrote the IBF a letter asking for extension to allow another voluntary. especially since Sergey D raised his hand for may 5th. since the Mando asked and was ready to take it on short notice, the IBF really didnt need to order the fight but let ggg know if he took vanes they wouldn't sanction it. if you fight a non sanctioned fight that they dont approve of bc of the opponent, win or lose champ gets stripped, its in their rule book. it was diff for guys like wlad and ggg when they fought pedvetkin and Jacobs bc those guys didnt go by ibf rules so they weren't eligible for the title. much diff case here. this was the IBF saying, dont fight vanes, fight a Mando instead and they chose not to. they should told the IBF let me fight vanes and order the Sergey D fight right after and ill fight him in the fall especially considering canelo off surgery and peds probably won't fight ggg after being out nearly a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        For the life of me I don't get the stripping GGG talk. I don't even think Derevyanchenko has been deemed the full on mandatory spot yet that gets the fights down the pipeline enough where a GGG gets stripped or not is even in play yet. Some mfers don't get how this sh^t works doe so not surprised & granted it can work different ways for different people too.

Personally I'm not looking forward to any GGG vs soft touches fights. He's a top 3ish guy in the world worst case probably & he's getting up there in years. I wanna see GGG vs name guys, top guys or the bs mandatory's when he is forced into them. But I got zero desire to see GGG vs Vanes or Spike (I was dogging Canelo when there was talk of him fighting Spike in Sept. matter of fact) or other lower level guys not to the level of giving a top 3 guys in the world issues.
        The soft touch is to keep him fresh and active for either his mandatory or his rematch with GG.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          answers to.

1) Why should GG be stripped for not fighting his mandatory when he wasn’t fighting his mandatory in the first place?

2) Why isn’t GG allowed to take a soft touch, fight his mandatory next and then the Canelo rematch?

Am I missing something?

I'm in agreement with you sir. You can tell and see who is hating just to hate. Letting their feelings and biasness towards fighters they don't like dictate their words and viewpoint instead of making sense, being fair, non-biased, objective, honest, etc...

It's a constant here with a lot of posters unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
            I was going over this yesterday on twitter. since the canelo fall out, ggg should wrote the IBF a letter asking for extension to allow another voluntary. especially since Sergey D raised his hand for may 5th. since the Mando asked and was ready to take it on short notice, the IBF really didnt need to order the fight but let ggg know if he took vanes they wouldn't sanction it. if you fight a non sanctioned fight that they dont approve of bc of the opponent, win or lose champ gets stripped, its in their rule book. it was diff for guys like wlad and ggg when they fought pedvetkin and Jacobs bc those guys didnt go by ibf rules so they weren't eligible for the title. much diff case here. this was the IBF saying, dont fight vanes, fight a Mando instead and they chose not to. they should told the IBF let me fight vanes and order the Sergey D fight right after and ill fight him in the fall especially considering canelo off surgery and peds probably won't fight ggg after being out nearly a year.
            Well said. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              In this situation...GG imo is allowed to take a soft touch.

not a soft touch that's inactive from a lower weight class coming off of losing

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                I'm in agreement with you sir. You can tell and see who is hating just to hate. Letting their feelings and biasness towards fighters they don't like dictate their words and viewpoint instead of making sense, being fair, non-biased, objective, honest, etc...

It's a constant here with a lot of posters unfortunately.
                I was a big critic of GG. But for the sake of boxers and boxing you have to keep it G.

If the fighter I pick loses you have to own up to your pick like a fighter owns up to losing.

Fanboyism isn’t allowed in these types of situations.
                Last edited by Raggamuffin; 04-19-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  not a soft touch that's inactive from a lower weight class coming off of losing
                  This is where we disagree. But I’m old school thinking.

Comment

canelo ruined the fight he was taking, I see people asking why he didn't take on Andrade, well to be honest hes a southpaw who can fight inside and out and takes time to train for that so I don't have a problem with him taking a soft touch, the issue is when the fans try to make the fight more than what it is and act as if vanes is a pretty good fight yet they bash any other fighters opponent and resume. IF YOU CAN EVEN TRY TO MAKE A CASE THAT VANES IS A DECENT OPPONENT THEN YOU SHOULD NEVER BASH ANY OTHER FIGHTERS OPPONENT. Its not a good fight its a terrible fight that is the result of canelo cheating, that's where Gggee fans should leave it. with ggeegee taking this fight he will get criticism because he was called out by better fighters. I wont go that route but many will, and you would do the same if it was a fighter whos fan base you had friction with.

Comment

It's a terrible fight but if the IBF are so adamant that the mandatory is due all of a sudden at 2-3 weeks notice then they should have offered to cough up the extra funds to pay Devreychenko. GGG was left in a spot where he really didn't have many options at all and a scramble to get a show together.

Comment

Working...
                      X