Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ogawa Suspended For Six Months, Stripped of IBF Belt For PEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    That’s a good point. I wonder if they test them during that period?
    Well after what came out yesterday, we know Canelo doesn't get tested until he comes back to the USA which gives him free reign to juice until that point.

I remember hearing Julian Williams trainer on a podcast say they were enrolled in the clean testing program for a year and the people only showed up twice and only once for Charlo during the same time frame or something like that. I guess the threat of showing up is good but if they're never gonna test them then what's the point.

Like that dude Cuadras the other day, they showed up and dude was probably loaded with roids or ******* and he told them to screw lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Well after what came out yesterday, we know Canelo doesn't get tested until he comes back to the USA which gives him free reign to juice until that point.

I remember hearing Julian Williams trainer on a podcast say they were enrolled in the clean testing program for a year and the people only showed up twice and only once for Charlo during the same time frame or something like that. I guess the threat of showing up is good but if they're never gonna test them then what's the point.

Like that dude Cuadras the other day, they showed up and dude was probably loaded with roids or ******* and he told them to screw lol.
      Smfh. This is what it is. And why boxers go right back to using after they’re caught.

Comment

Suspension should be longer just like with Canelo....this is really no punishment

Comment

See I don't know why a fighter would even get suspended or penalized for being dirty for illegal drugs like ******* or marijuana..
          I remember a few years ago when Chavez Jr was found to be dirty with marijuana right after the Sergio Martinez fight and the NSAC fined him almost a million dollars.... I was like WTF! Yes he appealed it and it got reduced to a hundred grand but still...
          Weed and coke does not improve a fighter's skill and is not a PED or a steroid so IDK why a commission would penalize a fighter for illegal drugs...
          The way I see it is if a fighter wants to get high in between fights then that's his problem... It's not hurting anyone but him...

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            See I don't know why a fighter would even get suspended or penalized for being dirty for illegal drugs like ******* or marijuana..
            I remember a few years ago when Chavez Jr was found to be dirty with marijuana right after the Sergio Martinez fight and the NSAC fined him almost a million dollars.... I was like WTF! Yes he appealed it and it got reduced to a hundred grand but still...
            Weed and coke does not improve a fighter's skill and is not a PED or a steroid so IDK why a commission would penalize a fighter for illegal drugs...
            The way I see it is if a fighter wants to get high in between fights then that's his problem... It's not hurting anyone but him...
            I agree. If they wanna use "recreational" drugs, that's on them in their spare time. Drinking is as deadly as any drug yet it's not frowned upon the same way

Comment

I agree. If they wanna use "recreational" drugs, that's on them in their spare time. Drinking is as deadly as any drug yet it's not frowned upon the same way
              Yes definitely! I totally agree with you.
              I just think the commissions wanna find any excuse to get more money from a fighter....
              Bunch of fuccing crooks!

Comment

I assume this means the farmer fight gets changed to a nc?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  Dont some recreational drugs act as masking agents though? Im not an expert but i seem to remember it being mentioned in the Jon Jones case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    I assume this means the farmer fight gets changed to a nc?
                    I know he definitely gets to fight for the vacant belt now. Unsure what they will do re: the Ogawa match. I rarely say this, but in this case it truly should be ruled a NC as it's the IBF's chance to right a wrong.

Comment

The dog ate my homework.

Comment

Working...
                      X