Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol they went pretty far down to get an opponent.

Comment

• It's a short notice fight caused by a drug cheat.

He has 2-3 years left he can't wait around for Clenelo.
      He was fighting 3 times a year before Clenelo came along...

I would rather he fought any of the MW like Andrade or the Russian but was there enough time to sign adapt and promote the fight?

It will probably end in a early KO, we will see if Vanes chin can hold the MW power like his chin has hold the super welter.

you can't expect GGG to wait till September.

On such a short notice and the money available we all know BJS and some of the other MW would be a nightmare to negotiate with.

Comment

• Typical lil g's "Big Bum Show."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          1st off your off on your 2 years by over 6 months.

2nd he didnt move UP in weight

3rd he didnt have like 16 days to get in shape. Actually more like 8-10 with proper rest.

Your dumb fuk aren't u???
          *you're.
          1: So 18 months is a-okay, but 24 is just too much. Regardless if you are able to train.
          2: But every fighter should move up in weight, right?
          3: Whose fault is that? Is A: Cheating Canelo or B: Cheating Canelo?

”Alvarez-Kirkland is a done deal. It is signed and will happen in May,” Dan Rafael said via ESPN.com. ”James has been off for 1 1/2 years and one of his close advisers told me he is close to 200 pounds, so he has to lose a lot to make 155. "

So he was fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            No he didn't. But I've just reached the point in our discussions where I am tired of trying to reason with him and have focused more on amusing myself. His pettiness and complete disassociation from reality can be grating. If you're going to keep engaging with him you have to find a way to make it fun.

Comment

• This is not stay busy. This fight sux. This is even more pathetic than Canelo -Liam Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                At the end of the day Canelo caused this mess 100% GGG has had a target on his back since he turned 35, and was avoided like the plague prior to that. It's disgraceful he gets so much hate, but hey that's boxing fans for you.

Canelo killed May 5th as a superfight, Golovkin turned it into a circus

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                  All I can say is, the proof will be in who GGG chooses to fight after May 5th. Hell not even Danny Garcia got this much hate for fighting a dude THREE division below his! GGG will need to fight Saunders, Canelo, Charlo or Deveryanchenko and all will be forgotten.

I think you missed the point

if Golovkin sacked up now, instead of fighting yet another no-hoper..... there would only be 3 names on your list, not 4

it is obvious that fighting Vanes now will cause a log-jam in September, you just proved that..... and it is obvious that Golovkin will have to fight Derevyanchenko or be stripped

so..... IF Golovkin selects Canelo in September and then retires (like I suspect) or is stripped by the IBF, rather than fighting Derevyanchenko..... all may not be forgotten

in fact, that could really bite Golovkin on the ass

they CLEARLY know 100% that wasting this fight will cause an unsolvable problem in September..... THEY KNOW..... so they will be 100% responsible/accountable for the result
                  Last edited by aboutfkntime; 04-19-2018, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goyotronico View Post
                    St.up.id piece of Sh.it keyboard warior I said that Golovking will probably win this fight, all I said was that Vanes has a good come forward style, has never been knocked out and that he gave war to charlo the one that most people here praise as a monster and even when he had done enough to have a draw or win against him charlo still won because hes another Clenelo to the judges a favorite, I also said that I do think that a MW was the right call, but if you can read and if you follow the page you will know that some of the options wanted more money, more time to train or simply didnt want the fight, Vanes was available and pushed for the fight, accepted the money being offered right away, this is also in part Clenelos fault, people write off GGG and most people know he won the fight against a up to the gills ped user, favorite to the judges fighter, the judges waving it as a draw lets you know Clenelo AlvaRoid really lost that fight, even with all that handycap, same happened to the cheater jacobs that even having a handicap could not get the job done.

the very first guy they selected was a 21yo JMW rookie

they passed up a prime opportunity with Saunders, petitioned the IBF to avoid Derevyanchenko, and did not even return calls from Charlo and Andrade lol

enjoy the circus..... ooops, I mean..... fight

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      I think you missed the point

if Golovkin sacked up now, instead of fighting yet another no-hoper..... there would only be 3 names on your list, not 4

it is obvious that fighting Vanes now will cause a log-jam in September, you just proved that..... and it is obvious that Canelo will have to fight Derevyanchenko or be stripped

so..... IF Golovkin selects Canelo in September and then retires (like I suspect) or is stripped by the IBF, rather than fighting Derevyanchenko..... all may not be forgotten

in fact, that could really bite Golovkin on the ass

they CLEARLY know 100% that wasting this fight will cause an unsolvable problem in September..... THEY KNOW..... so they will be 100% responsible/accountable for the result
                      And it's impossible for GGG to fight one of those in July.

Just impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X