Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russian Federation To Usyk: You Don't Call Shots, WBSS Does!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like the Russians are trying to force him. Get lost.

Comment

Russian federation told Usyk

Comment

LOL.

What a moron.

It is not up to him but up to WBSS. Yes, he can quit but all on him.

His fear is likely that as he will not be able to KO Gassiev, he is afraid of going to the cards in Russia. In reality, in Russia he would get fair judging... this is not Vegas or UK.

In reality though, Gassiev is not exactly Russian himself. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
          Those Russians need to just **** off, stop being little bytches and let your guy fight on neutral turf. I know it must hurt that little, tiny Ukraine has produced more world class fighters than you despite having a fifth of the population, but you don't need to resort to trying to dirty up a very good tournament.

Let your boy fight without his crew behind his back, 1v1 with no paid judges and ref. If it was the other way and the fight was taking place in Ukraine they'd be threatening nuclear war.

Boxing fans should demand that fights like these take place in neutral territory. The WBSS will go down many places in my book if they let this happen and ruin a (so far) great tournament.
          In Russia, wrestling > boxing. Russians don't give a crap about boxing for the most part. And Russia has produced far more talented wrestlers than Ukraine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Yeah Yunier Dorticos who was the former WBA 'Super' champion had no problem defending his title in Russia, Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder has no problem defending in the UK, but Usyk don't want that work from 'Iron' Murat Gassiev.
              This is most likely a political issue because of the tensions between Ukraine and Russia. Usyk never had any problem fighting Breidis in Latvia, Huck in Germany...etc.

Comment

Well, I think this article popping up makes it clear that Usyk should definitely not go to Russia now.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  This is most likely a political issue because of the tensions between Ukraine and Russia. Usyk never had any problem fighting Breidis in Latvia, Huck in Germany...etc.
                  I like Usyk to confirm this ; lets be honest even without a unfriendly political pretext, no champion feels good about defending in the rivals home turf.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    No mater the cost I would not go to Russia
                    Why?

Whats the last half dozen or do Russian sketchy things? I'm not recalling anything specific going on there recently. The Povetkin thing is about it.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-18-2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      I like Usyk to confirm this ; lets be honest even without a unfriendly political pretext, no champion feels good about defending in the rivals home turf.
                      You never know, I can only guess. I do believe this is a political issue but he needs to do another interview and let people know what's going on. I have a feeling this could get ugly.

Comment

Working...
                      X