Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Council Scoring Criteria For Welterweight Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all this sounds good. i like the roster, too.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Lmao. ****s not that hard to grasp. Another thing that I've said before, they should use an odd number of rounds. That would reduce the number of draw cards. Now whether you go up a round or down a round is up for debate, but I would think that for safety reasons, they would like to see it moved down a round.

Another idea I've tossed out here before, is an OT round. After the fight is 'over' don't cut the gloves off. Wait until the official decision and if it does come out to a draw, have the fighters fight one more, 2 min round. Winner take all.

Obviously, bad decisions happen in this sport and nothing can totally eliminate that. Implementing changes to the scoring and the rules can improve the sport and increase fan appeal.
      Just go back to 15 rounds and it will sort itself out. haha

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Just go back to 15 rounds and it will sort itself out. haha
        I wish, but nah. People gonna cry Kim Duk - Koo. (RIP).

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          I wish, but nah. People gonna cry Kim Duk - Koo. (RIP).
          yeah, nobody has died since then...

let's be real. 12 rounds fits in to a one hour time slot. 15 doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            yeah, nobody has died since then...

let's be real. 12 rounds fits in to a one hour time slot. 15 doesn't
            People die in boxing all the time even today. It's just a matter of how many rounds is it deemed too dangerous. In all honesty, just the act of throwing hands makes it dangerous.

But you are right. 15 rounds is a long time to sit through.

Comment

Diaz should win this easy

Comment

Sounds good... but why the need for a WBC rep on the panel... That hurts more than it helps IMO. Sanctioning Bodies need to remove themselves from subjective aspects of the sport as much as possible. Not liking where WBC boxing is going with baby Sulaiman at the wheel. Wayyyyy too involved. Even more than his father I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                X