Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas: I'll Take Control Early, Take Charge of Broner Every Minute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas: I'll Take Control Early, Take Charge of Broner Every Minute

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Jessie Vargas has been at this for a while. He gotten paid to punch people for just short of 10 full years, has held world title belts in a pair of weight classes and was a member of Mexico's 2008 Olympic team though his amateur trip to the Summer Games in Beijing was canceled by a loss in a regional qualifying tournament. But even as he's labeling himself a "young veteran" these days, Vargas is simultaneously discovering it's not too late for even a 29-year-old dog to learn new tricks...
    [Click Here To Read More]

'' essentially dwarfing the positivity generated by one-sided victories over the more pedestrian likes of Sadam Ali (TKO 9) ''
    By Lyle Fitzsimmons

Boxingscene has some hysterical writing this week, well its better than what you guys have been producing -- at least you are trying.

Comment

They all have said this. I bet you that total punch count is under 400.

Comment

I have never been impressed with Vargas, he’s one of those guys whos fight’s never registered with me, kind of like just tuning in to have it play in the background while you clean the garage or something.

Does dude still have that big head black kick boxer as a trainer?

Comment

People who beat broner never talked there game plan, they just went in there and fought and let him do the talking... Vargas is pretty much giving away his game plan in the interviews... I got it being a draw or broner wins a close fight & it will be a rematch in Aug or September

Comment

I don't think Broner has too many things to look out for here...He'll get stronger as the fight goes as usual and I think he'll be quick enough on defense to avoid the money punch from Vargas. Decision win for AB and a good name on his ledger.

Comment

Vargas is gonna fück up AB so bad his pops will jump in the ring and stop the fight himself

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
                People who beat broner never talked there game plan, they just went in there and fought and let him do the talking... Vargas is pretty much giving away his game plan in the interviews... I got it being a draw or broner wins a close fight & it will be a rematch in Aug or September
                You are assuming AB has sort of intelligence or preparation. He has always been someone who imposed his physical advantage on people, not make adjustments.

Vargas has been there done that, a top flight boxer. AB has lost to lesser men.

Comment

i honestly don't see how Broner win's this apart from a robbery, he throws like 5 punches a round.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                    I have never been impressed with Vargas, he’s one of those guys whos fight’s never registered with me, kind of like just tuning in to have it play in the background while you clean the garage or something.

Does dude still have that big head black kick boxer as a trainer?
                    That's Dewey Cooper. And, no. He's training with Mike Mcallum since his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X