Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be honest, Canelo made GGG look like an amateur (PROOF INSIDE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Hey daggum,

I was impressed with Canelo 's head movement that night. He was quite slick! GGG looked clueless in some spots.

I didn't count the punches or followed the debate about who landed more and more effectively. I just liked that 3rd gif.

Do you think GGG had a better defense?
    he was slicker yet was outlanded by a huge margin. doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. yes canelo slipped a lot of punches and if you understand boxing you would know why. canelo was willing to get speared with that ggg jab over and over(which is what happened) because he was wary of ggg's power shots. he was only focusing on those power shots and so he was able to slip many(not all) of them. this allowed ggg to build up huge leads in most of the rounds simply by jabbing him. now people are coming on here posting 2 second gifs of canelo slipping a punch but not the 15 jabs he got hit with. its dishonest and misleading but thats ok its also boxingscene. ggg has a different defense than canelo. he has slow reflexes so can't use the slip defense. he has to use a block and parry defense. its silly to compare them. also pac hit floyd with the more signifigant shots but he was schooled so im not really sure floyd fans know what hypocrisy is.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      its so ironic that floyd fans(lets be honest they are) are using the look at this 2 second gif argument to try and prove canelo won when thats the exact thing pac fans did to prove pac beat floyd since pac landed the much better a and signifgant punches and floyd was whiffing or barely grazing pac for the entire fight. how do you get into your cult? membership is free or pay up front?
      Yes, free.

I thought GGG-Canelo could've gone either way. I liked Canelo's style better, tho.

Fight was dull. Neither did much.

Comment

well you saw them in the floyd pac fight so whats going on with your vision?
        In the Floyd fight I did not see Floyd getting cleanly hit for 12 rounds and missing almost every shot...When you have to try to bring in another fight to deflect from the topic you have your answer

Comment

there are 4 gifs and in only one of them is canelo actually landing a punch. that should tell you everything about the fight. yes he had good defense and made ggg miss. problem was he barely landed anything in return and the weight of gggs steady punches outweighed the rare times canelo would connect.
          And to make matters worse he got chased to the ropes with Golovkin's jabs. The most basic punch in boxing. Canelo the master boxer couldn't figure out how to defend against the jab. He showed a very low ring IQ. Going to the ropes and doing nothing was his answer for Golovkin's aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            I gotta be honest, I am still waiting on all these clean shots GGG landed in this fight. I have no idea why people act like he dominated.. I will say Canelo's stamina issues and lulls in action gave the appearance of GGG putting in work.
            I thought Canelo edge it for really-really thin win, that's why i dont really get upset with a draw.

I got really frustated with canelo, if he just trade punches for 15 more seconds in each rounds i bet he can stole more rounds and win comfortably. What he's so scared about? He always came on top whenever him and lil G trading punches.

But now this caneloterol happen and he wont get his greatest victory. Also put a doubt about his sportmanship in the first fight.

Comment

wait are you trying to say canelo won? i thought that was a joke. are you counting that low blow as a clean shot? i don't really think we are going to come to an agreement here if thats the case. did you think ward ko'd kovalev with body shots as well?

compubox is not accurate so lets not use that. ggg's jab was knocking canelos head back like a power shot many times so lets not play that game. overall ggg landed far more and a jab can be worth just as much as a power shot especially if those power shots are low blows as you showed. overall gggs work was much more weighted than canelo's. i respect you so we will just have to disagree. thats ok. now lets battle over hopkins vs calzaghe! my true passion!
              The good ol' "Borat's jab is like a power shot," .

Comment

Yet somehow Golovkin outlanded him by 50 punches, that's around a 25% difference. It's almost like your personal bias got in the way of what actually happened.

Comment

Everyone who isn't a GGG nuthugger or a Cashnelo hater knows that GGG got taken to school.

But then again I'm a Cashnelo hater yet I still know that GGG got taken to boxing school 101.

Comment

Canelos defense is superb he made ggg look awfully one diminsional.

Comment

its so ironic that floyd fans(lets be honest they are) are using the look at this 2 second gif argument to try and prove canelo won when thats the exact thing pac fans did to prove pac beat floyd since pac landed the much better a and signifgant punches and floyd was whiffing or barely grazing pac for the entire fight. how do you get into your cult? membership is free or pay up front?
                      lolololol you really want to go there?

Lets go gif for gif of mayweather and pacquiao punches then. It's pretty clear who landed more power punches, and it wasnt #48.

but watch you duck the challenge again

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      Blame Lampley's commentary who was di*k riding Floyd "hard right hand by Floyd" nothing lands. But i thought they said everyone was against him HBO the white devils will never give Floyd a fair shake.
                      Do you want to accept this challenge? Or are you going to duck like daggum always does.

Jim lampley was the one going crazy for pacquiao even though he wasnt landing sht

Comment

Working...
                      X