Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yelling "Bodyshot" Before the KO Body Punch is a Dead Giveaway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will forever be one of the strangest KOs I've ever seen.

I dont want to outright say it was a fix, but damn it looked fixy.

Comment

I feel the same way about the ortiz/floyd fight

Comment

that punch was legit and gave me money because I had a hunch and bet on it with a friend, called out the round and punch!

Comment

I remember Floyd Mayweather (pre-Gatti) calling BS on that KO as well. “You had the strength to keep hitting the canvas with your fist, but couldn’t get up?”

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I remember Floyd Mayweather (pre-Gatti) calling BS on that KO as well. “You had the strength to keep hitting the canvas with your fist, but couldn’t get up?”
            I don't know. Maybe it was kinda like Mike Tyson fumbling around trying to put his mouthpiece in when he should've been trying to get up.

I think Oscar was mad he got caught with a body shot so he was hitting the floor instead of trying to get up. He was definitely hurt initially.

It looked like a legit KO to me but I've only seen that fight once.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              I don't know. Maybe it was kinda like Mike Tyson fumbling around trying to put his mouthpiece in when he should've been trying to get up.

I think Oscar was mad he got caught with a body shot so he was hitting the floor instead of trying to get up. He was definitely hurt initially.

It looked like a legit KO to me but I've only seen that fight once.
              Nothing about that fight, from the opening bell to the end, looked legit to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Nothing about that fight, from the opening bell to the end, looked legit to me.
                Yeah, I'll definitely have to watch it again. I do remember the fight being odd and then the body shot came out of no where. Seeing Oscar's initial reaction I didnt think he was getting up.

His reaction was somewhat similar to Maidana when Khan got him with the body shot but the difference was he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                  Yeah, I'll definitely have to watch it again. I do remember the fight being odd and then the body shot came out of no where. Seeing Oscar's initial reaction I didnt think he was getting up.

His reaction was somewhat similar to Maidana when Khan got him with the body shot but the difference was he got up.
                  His reaction isn’t the chief reason IMO.

The fight itself was scripted.

Hopkins’ corner before the fateful round.

The weird ending.

And most of all, the announced partnership days later, something that was obviously in the works well before they fought.

Comment

DLH didnt even try to get up.

Either a fix or he quit.

Hes a terrible actor too. Tried to pretend he was so dissapointed he couldnt get up..... but he didnt even try.

Comment

Anyone remember Anorak's avatar with De La Hoya accepting a Giant Oscar for best actor after the KO?

Comment

Working...
                      X