No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Not if they fight in vegas. You can charge far more per seat so you can have a larger live gate than 90k Wembley. AJ's fans will come in and spend money. The HWT unification will attract high rollers and celebrities.

Also, Aj can get all the Uk PPV for himself, which would be significant right?

But AJ wants it in ENgland so it should be wherever he wants.
    But then the PPV would be like 2-3 AM in UK, thereby decreasing revenue.

You can't have a primetime PPV in both UK and USA.

AJ is the boss - he gets to say when and where the fight is.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      Wilder fans so worried about his money lol.

Stop making excuses. It will take wilder 5 fights to earn that amount...

Mofo has 1 title as well. Aj did the work getting 3 legit
      Lmao and Wilder nuthuggers are saying Wilder is doing AJ's dirty work and cleaning the division for him. How deluded a man can be?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Not if they fight in vegas. You can charge far more per seat so you can have a larger live gate than 90k Wembley. AJ's fans will come in and spend money. The HWT unification will attract high rollers and celebrities.

Also, Aj can get all the Uk PPV for himself, which would be significant right?

But AJ wants it in ENgland so it should be wherever he wants.
        Here we go again. What's the highest numbers two fighters that have never been on PPV have drawn at the gate in Vegas? I keep asking everyone that says Vegas this and they can't answer it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          again its not that hard to understand

USA ppvs > UK ppvs

those are facts deal with it

you pretty much aint **** in boxing unless you sell those ppv numbers in the USA....

even lewis fought tua on HBO ppv not uk ppv

and just in case here's a list of the top 50 ppvs of all time.... yea they're all in the good ol' usa

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-5...on-ppv-buys-50
          The fight is a big deal in England not in America. PPV sales here are irrelevant. The fight is about as big as Joshua-Klit perhaps a little more so because Joshua is probably bigger now. Joshua obviously drives the PPV and gate over there.

Lewis-Tua isn't a great example as it was a different era where PPV's happened more often. These days unless it's a Mayweather fight or Canelo-GGG all PPV's are flops. Lewis also wasn't the superstar Joshua is right now either. He wasn't really loved by the public even though he was a great fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Take the fight Wilder or vacate the belt you greedy coward.
            Wilder is a coward after just showing massive heart and knocking out ortiz? You're an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              Manny was guaranteed 25 mil.

The difference between 2 to 12 is a lot in terms of multiples.

Manny could fight 2 fights and earn what Floyd offered.

Wilder needs to fight 5 times to get that amount, especially if vs Adam Whoda****areyoucki type opponents
              when its ALOT of money you dont deal in multiples....

then how come manny got 40% when he fought floyd? cuz when money is that much you just dont offer less than 20% of the total purse thats just dumb whoever accepts that.

the fight can generate 80-100 mill and ya saying for him to take less than 20% is completely laughable....

Would AJ make that much on his next fight no matter who it is?

if he does than wilder should take that flat fee if not its bs

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                again its not that hard to understand

USA ppvs > UK ppvs

those are facts deal with it

you pretty much aint **** in boxing unless you sell those ppv numbers in the USA....

even lewis fought tua on HBO ppv not uk ppv

and just in case here's a list of the top 50 ppvs of all time.... yea they're all in the good ol' usa

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-5...on-ppv-buys-50
                Let's see wilder do ppv in the US then...

VS Adam Whoda****areyoucki...

Like I said fool, aj offering him 4 times his last ppv.

I'm not talking about a flat fee as the issue. It's the amount.

If manny was offered 5 times his last payday, then I would have said hell yeah.

If aj offered less than double wilder payday such as 4.5mil I'd say **** that.

Wilder is a 2.5 mil fighter if he headlines.

If you don't understand that then that's because you're dumb.

Pac and Floyd sold ppv. Wilder has sold zero ppv in his life

Comment

• It's not lowball really, I think he could get more since it would fill Wembley stadium, but, it might be worth it to prove he's the man, and can instantly become a PPV attraction.

Comment

• This is the #1 vs #2 heavyweight fight! This is the mega fight that we all want to see! This is UK vs USA! This a fight where both heavyweights are undefeated with a nearly 100% KO ratio. This is the fight for all of the belts, which will also determine who gets the "Ring" magazine belt! This is for the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. This is something that hasn't been done in a very long time in the heavyweight division. This will determine the "baddest man on the planet." Anything under a 30% cut for Wilder is lowballing and is not a serious offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Here we go again. What's the highest numbers two fighters that have never been on PPV have drawn at the gate in Vegas? I keep asking everyone that says Vegas this and they can't answer it.
                      I understand the question but is it relevant?

I don't know the highest number for a debuting PPV fight. When was the last time the debuting fightwas for the HWT title in a unification?

AJ is the biggest star in the sport. Wilder is drawing over 1 mil viewers whenever he fights. To suggest this is the same as say Crawford/Postol, last time 2 non PPv fighters debut on PPV, seems unequal given what is at stake.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-10-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X