Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a prime Tommy Hearns at 154 had lost to the Hurd that fought Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns would likely KO or TKO Hurd, who would no longer have a reach or height advantage (like he did against Lara).

Comment

He would definitely have a good chance, if he lands a good punch we all know how weak Hearns chin was

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
        He would definitely have a good chance, if he lands a good punch we all know how weak Hearns chin was
        He had an average chin. He was no Khan. Didnt have a great chin but it wasnt as bad as people make it out to be.

Hurd doesn’t seem to have crushing one ounch power himself. Just seems like a heavy pressure guy who’s enormous and has a bit of heft to his ounches. He’s not a monstrous puncher though when you consider his size.

Comment

hitman hearns would poleaxe hurd......and he would have fallen hard as well

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            He had an average chin. He was no Khan. Didnt have a great chin but it wasnt as bad as people make it out to be.

Hurd doesn’t seem to have crushing one ounch power himself. Just seems like a heavy pressure guy who’s enormous and has a bit of heft to his ounches. He’s not a monstrous puncher though when you consider his size.
            He's chin was weak. Period. He had a hard getting pressure fighters off of him. In 12 rounds there would be chances to land good punches

Comment

Let's be real, Tommy was quicker and hit fat harder than anyone Hurd has faced. There's a reason we still talk about the dude. Hurd is waaay to easy to hit to weather that storm. Maybe if he develops his defensive skills. Otherwise, Hearns by TKO in 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                He's chin was weak. Period. He had a hard getting pressure fighters off of him. In 12 rounds there would be chances to land good punches
                That's pretty ignorant. You can't just boxrec this stuff, you gotta watch the fights. Hearns had a damn good chin. He's taken monstrous punches. His problem was that he didn't back down when hurt, never gave himself a chance to recover. That's what got him finished on a few occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                  Hearns is levels above all the guys at 154 and I don't think it's close. But looking back at the Hagler vs Hearns fight, it is very clear that when someone applied intense pressure Hearns folded. Hurd imo is all wrong for a guy like Hearns. He has an iron chin (goat at 154), he has power, great at cutting off the ring, and he applied pressure better than any 154 pounder I have ever seen. I see Hearns landing that right hand but Hurd still coming. I believe Hurd has the best chance of stopping Tommy Hearns at 154 due to styles.
                  You're tripping son. Turd the GOAT at 154? Y'all must of forgot about a man named Roy Jones Jr, or hows about Sugar Ray Robinson. Tons of cats at 54' would push Turd's shít in DEEP.

Turd barely won against almost lost to a 5'9" 34 year old fighter.

Hearns would shít on Turd. I guess the plan for me is keep blocking till posters with a brain are left.

Comment

Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      u know any older fighter beats any new fighter around here, it wouldn't even be competitive lol
                      Terrence Crawford is a champion that could compete.

Errol Spence *maybe* depending on how he looks against good opponents. He has the size, accuracy, workrate, stamina, power, etc.

Lomachenko could also compete (need to see him versus more styles though).

At this point in time there is no other established fighter that could be champion against greats of the past in their divisions (just my opinion). AJ and Wilder have no chance against HW. Gggirl, Danny, Ca$h have no shot at MW. And Thurman, Porter, Danny Garcia, or Brook couldn't have held jockstraps of Floyd, Manny, Mosley, Cotto. I don't think that's being biased either

Comment

Working...
                      X