Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd: Charlo Will Be a Much Easier Fight Than Lara!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
    Who died and made you the Pope????? I rarely see a PBC fight because they are all so predictable but I forsaked my Brothers in Arms (UFC) skipped a party and stayed solo at home to watch this fight because I knew Hurd was gonna punish young tropical mexican Lara ....I saw everything from beginning to end....even the first 2 boring fights.
    If you saw it from beginning to end then why did you get it wrong in the 1st place?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      LOL....yes I did. One major reason why I picked rigo was the pivot & counter I thought he was going to do against loma. Check it out in the videos.

This one starts at 2:32 and watch how he pivots then counters with the left.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DHVQ2zgjI

Over here he pivots with loma but doesn't throw the punch....start at 8:44-round 6 with 2:05 left on the clock.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzAPWmaubw

Its the only L you gonna catch me too! LOL
      I dont need to catch you on predictions because you know damn well if you have seen more than 5 fights in your life that you have made many predictions wrong so next time dont act high and mighty and you wont have to "Swallow" your words like you had to in this thread. Now you can go back and crawl under that rock you climbed out of.

Comment

Jermell can move better than Hurd, has a good punch, is bigger than Lara. Jermell will box more than Lara did & has gotten a little better.

Hurd is big & strong but has zero defense, is very slow & throws weak combos until the very last punch while Jermell wont be there taking the shots like Lara did.

Lara messed up by trying to prove he was tough & could have made it easy for himself by just boxing & giving Hurd angles & sticking him with the jab.
        Then why his KO ratio is 15 kos out of 30 wins so 50% wich is a very average rate especially for a guy who has Vanes as a best win???

Comment

• I like Charlo but herd is a best and is tough to dissuade.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
            I dont have a problem if you contradict me. That's the reason we're here. I already agree he'll have problems moving up but I disagree he has to have success moving to be "the real deal". If he's able to beat Charlo the other belt should be a cake walk if he decide to go that route. Hes one of a handful of boxers to unify at 154. He's capable of geting a belt moving up but he won't have the success he did at 154. That doesn't make him very average. His skills are limited but he's also a late arrival to boxing. Beating a superior boxer in Lara is quite an accomplishment. Do you honestly believe it was size alone that got him the victory?
            Not size alone. But his size allowed him to absorb a lot of punishment and win a razor thin decision against an old Lara. But in good faith, I will rewatch the fight and reassess your statement. This said, I don't think he beats Charlo. Bad style match for him...

Ok so... Just rewatched it. And I stand by what I said: his defence sucks and he just tries to bully his opponents. Lara had no legs that night ( that's why he had to trade with him). And if Hurd has the same first round against Charlo, it will end early... Sorry.
            Last edited by steeve steel; 04-10-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I dont need to catch you on predictions because you know damn well if you have seen more than 5 fights in your life that you have made many predictions wrong so next time dont act high and mighty and you wont have to "Swallow" your words like you had to in this thread. Now you can go back and crawl under that rock you climbed out of.
              Like I said I got Jermell & you got Hurd. Let's see how you worm out of this cuz I'll drag you out from that dirty rock you come from & show you a Boxing Prediction Spanking & see how hard it will be for you to "swallow" that. Then you can go swim with the guppies cuz its #Lions Only round my circle.

Comment

LOL....yes I did. One major reason why I picked rigo was the pivot & counter I thought he was going to do against loma. Check it out in the videos.

This one starts at 2:32 and watch how he pivots then counters with the left.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DHVQ2zgjI

Over here he pivots with loma but doesn't throw the punch....start at 8:44-round 6 with 2:05 left on the clock.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzAPWmaubw

Its the only L you gonna catch me too! LOL
                Here you are suggesting a fix again when you promised you "wouldn't front". Rigo got out skilled and he was scared to open up or throw because he was scared that he had an opponent enough smart enough to work around him and land shots on him. He was gun shy.

He was outskilled totally and it was purely a skill match. That was an easy fight to call because of the skill sets. Rigo has skill but is one dimensional to a degree. He's a master with timing, distance and that left hand against aggressive or normal skilled opponents. He was in there with a guy who's mastered those things too but also angles, movement and has a far more versatile skill set. It was also made easier by the fact that if Rigo's skill could prove similar Loma could resort to being the bigger man. He kept that ace up his sleeve because he didn't need it and he's probably never had to work less for a win in the paid ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Then why his KO ratio is 15 kos out of 30 wins so 50% wich is a very average rate especially for a guy who has Vanes as a best win???
                  I think Charlo has improved a lot. He's definitely sitting down more on his shots now. Fighters bloom and improve differently. I do believe he lost to Vanes (I was at the fight and live and on TV I had Vanes winning a close one) but there's improvement.

I think he may have more one shot power per se than Hurd but Hurd is probably heavier handed overall if that makes sense? Hurd's style somewhat plays into his hands on paper but we forget that Hurd was actually showing to be a good counter puncher in the past he's just gone into more of a stalking type of fighter now.

I think Hurd will just about edge it with his body work, size and relentlessness and I just have a hunch Charlo can't match him for heart. He strikes me as something of a front runner and a bully but that's a gut feeling. I see Charlo winning 3 or 4 of the first 4 or 5 and then Hurd closing the distance and eking out a close decision in an instant classic.

Comment

Like I said I got Jermell & you got Hurd. Let's see how you worm out of this cuz I'll drag you out from that dirty rock you come from & show you a Boxing Prediction Spanking & see how hard it will be for you to "swallow" that. Then you can go swim with the guppies cuz its #Lions Only round my circle.
                    And when you do that I'll bring up all your quotes about Rigo and your failed prediction. You were the one who came on here high and mighty insulting people who pick Hurd against Charlo. You want to play that game, anytime you gloat about getting a prediction right or act all high and mighty like you are better then the people here who simply have a different opinion of who would win a fight - then I'll show everyone all your mindless rants. Everyone gets predictions wrong but you acted like your sht doesnt stink and I exposed you to everyone on this thread. I suggest you tone it down when someone's pick doesnt match yours and admit you are wrong when you get a prediction wrong. And drop the cheesy Lions cliche talk, you sound like a 10 year old cheerleader. Leave. You are dismissed.
                    Last edited by richardt; 04-12-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Here you are suggesting a fix again when you promised you "wouldn't front". Rigo got out skilled and he was scared to open up or throw because he was scared that he had an opponent enough smart enough to work around him and land shots on him. He was gun shy.

He was outskilled totally and it was purely a skill match. That was an easy fight to call because of the skill sets. Rigo has skill but is one dimensional to a degree. He's a master with timing, distance and that left hand against aggressive or normal skilled opponents. He was in there with a guy who's mastered those things too but also angles, movement and has a far more versatile skill set. It was also made easier by the fact that if Rigo's skill could prove similar Loma could resort to being the bigger man. He kept that ace up his sleeve because he didn't need it and he's probably never had to work less for a win in the paid ranks.
                      I wasn't "suggesting a fix again." I was breaking down boxing....did you even look at the videos & the time I said to look? Probably not....

Comment

Working...
                      X