No announcement yet.

Apparently Tank Was Not Aware Of Floyd's Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
    I'm not on Twitter . So can someone will me in on how the whole Floyd/Tank tension started ?
    To fully understand, one must go back to something 50 Cent once said about Floyd.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/0...ayweather-beef

Originally posted by Complex
    Actually, now that we're thinking about it, why did 50 and Floyd start beefing in the first place? MTV asked 50 that question a short time after their reunion and discovered that it was basically because Floyd is surrounded by yes men who don't want to ruffle any feathers. So when 50 criticized Floyd on several occasions, the boxing champion didn't respond well to it.

"My younger brother happens to be the best fighter in the world," 50 told MTV. "He can make $200 million in 36 minutes. How do you tell him what to do? You don't. Sometimes, he's not right. You'll tell him, 'You're not right.' And then, you have that argument until he starts to look at it and say, 'He was right.'"

With Tank, Floyd gave the MF'er money, set him up with a car and a house, tried to help him get out of the hood so he can focus on his craft. But Tank is still basically a kid at heart, like Broner in a lot of ways, and acts out. He wants a certain path and doesn't work well being guided like he is.

It wasn't ever a healthy pairing, because Floyd is going after money while Tank is going after wins. They don't often overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      To fully understand, one must go back to something 50 Cent once said about Floyd.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/0...ayweather-beef

With Tank, Floyd gave the MF'er money, set him up with a car and a house, tried to help him get out of the hood so he can focus on his craft. But Tank is still basically a kid at heart, like Broner in a lot of ways, and acts out. He wants a certain path and doesn't work well being guided like he is.

It wasn't ever a healthy pairing, because Floyd is going after money while Tank is going after wins. They don't often overlap.
      Thanks for that . I didn't know any of this stuff was going on with Tank and Floyd .
      50 cent broke it down pretty good . It seems like some of these young guys like Tank and Broner don't like being Floyd's Yes men . Good for them . But Mayweather seems like a spiteful kinda guy which is probably why we got the Tank vs Lomachenko announcement .

Comment

Tank is a damn good fighter in my opinion but I don't think he is good enough to beat Loma. He is the one doing the fighting and should have the final say on who he fights and when he fights them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I can't believe Tank is critical of Floyd matching him with Pedraza.

What more do you want?
          Floyd talking to Tank

Comment

I think Tank wlil lose but I voted that Mayweather thinks he is ready for the fight. I don't believe Mayweather would purposely put Tank in a fight he thinks he will lose for the money. Mayweather sure doesn't need money and I think he wants the best for Tank. Loma is so respected that Tank could lose to him and it wouldn't hurt Tank's career if he puts up a good fight.Fighting very good opponents is always risky but good champions must take risks.

Comment

Tank has the IQ of Maxine Waters so of course he will never have a clue

Comment

All for publicity, Floyd trying to check Tank by showing him what a real setup is all about. The fight will never get made and they'll use the excuse that they wanna stay at 130 and that Lomachenko fights at 135 now and wouldn't come back down. Davis hanging out with the wrong people and they've obviously been in his ears, he wouldn't be where he's at right now if it wasn't for Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

What does Tank have to worry about? It's a win/win, if he loses, he lost to (in less melinated people, they claim he's the goat) + loma's fans give him a pass for his loss to Salido, so surely he gets a pass if he loses, if he Wins, then he's the goat (in loma's fans eyes) *SARCASM (you have to state that on here)

Comment

What does Tank want? Easy fights or money fights?

It seems like he is never happy no matter which way Floyd steers him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      All for publicity, Floyd trying to check Tank by showing him what a real setup is all about. The fight will never get made and they'll use the excuse that they wanna stay at 130 and that Lomachenko fights at 135 now and wouldn't come back down. Davis hanging out with the wrong people and they've obviously been in his ears, he wouldn't be where he's at right now if it wasn't for Floyd Mayweather.
                      Floyd is making him sink or swim. I was cool with giving Davis a year before he fought Loma. The fall is the right time

Comment

Working...
                      X