Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Mexico's Jamie Munguia Will Be Golovkin's Opponent May 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Report: Mexico's Jamie Munguia Will Be Golovkin's Opponent May 5

What if he signs to fight GGG and on his first drug test he's popped for Clenbuterol

Gennady Golovkin might fight a Mexican opponent on Cinco de Mayo after all.
    ESPN.com reported Thursday morning that Tijuana's Jamie Munguia is likely to replace Canelo Alvarez as Golovkin's opponent for his upcoming defenses of the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBC middleweight championships.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not official yet but, according to multiple sources, it appears as though Mexico's unbeaten 21-year-old Jaime Munguia (28-0, 24 KOs) is going to be GGG's opponent on May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on HBO PPV if the Nevada Commission approves him as the replacement for Canelo Alvarez. Munguia is an excellent junior middleweight prospect but he's faced absolutely nobody of note, has never had a scheduled 12-round fight and is not a middleweight.
    No way in hell they'll approve this fight. I can't see it happening
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-05-2018, 10:32 AM.

Nevada rejected Ward vs Murdock.. They better reject this ol bull**** too.

Comment

This is what we get because Clenelo pulled out. Shame on him.

Comment

They wouldn't sanction Ward vs. Murdock. I don't think they'll sanction this

Comment

Munguia is going to be a very good fighter. I hope this thread isn't filled with people calling him trash.

But he isn't ready for Golovkin and it is strange that Zanfer would allow this.

Loefler is probably under immense pressure to find a Mexican opponent and under more pressure to keep the fight in Las Vegas (to repair relationship with NSAC), and even more pressure from Golovkin to make sure he has a May 5th fight.

I wish that the fight was moved to a different state with a different opponent but there just wasn't much time. They should see if GB will let them keep Ryan Garcia on the undercard and give him a decent step up fight and offer discounted tickets to his hottest instagram followers.
          Last edited by PK3434; 04-05-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            Munguia is going to be a very good fighter. I hope this thread isn't filled with people calling him trash.

But he isn't ready for Golovkin and it is strange that Zanfer would allow this.

Loefler is probably under immense pressure to find a Mexican opponent and under more pressure to keep the fight in Las Vegas (to repair relationship with NSAC), and even more pressure from Golovkin to make sure he has a May 5th fight.

I wish that the fight was moved to a different state with a different opponent but there just wasn't much time. They should see if GB will let them keep Ryan Garcia on the undercard and give him a decent step up fight and offer discounted tickets to his hottest instagram followers.
            I don't think this is getting approved. Don't know why Zanfer would do this either unless they feel the money is good and this will get their fighter's name out there and win or lose it'll be a moral victory

Comment

Comments Thread For: Report: Mexico's Jamie Munguia Will Be Golovkin's Opponent May 5

Gennady Golovkin might fight a Mexican opponent on Cinco de Mayo after all.
              ESPN.com reported Thursday morning that Tijuana's Jamie Munguia is likely to replace Canelo Alvarez as Golovkin's opponent for his upcoming defenses of the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBC middleweight championships.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

lol,this better not be true.. what a joke fight

Comment

As McGregor once said, "who the **** is that?"

Comment

well...It's a better matchup than Spike...

Comment

Working...
                    X