Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Mayweather did NOT fought Pacquiao in 2008, 2009, 2010 etc. but in 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poochiao is p.ussy....thats why the fight didn't happen. He waited until floyd was 40 years old and still got his ass whooped.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
      Mayweather's haters really think he is superman. Apparently he stays young while everybody gets old
      sure he ages, but he spotted when Pacman had aged and he hadnt as much (Pac having the more degenerative style), and moved on him THEN.

HE CHOSE to at that point for a reason. He chose not to earlier fora reason.

But credit for absolutely handling him. He proved beyond doubt that he could handle pac, and probably would have earlier if he had tried.

Comment

Originally posted by drew1830 View Post
        When the A-side wants a fight, the fight happens. Period.

That fight didn't happen because Mayweather obviously didn't want it.

He knows it and everybody in the world knows it.
        Bingo.

He even fought the fight like he didn't want it when the fight finally came to fruition. A safety first, hug and run 12 rounds that mirrors how shaky floyd was from the gate...not even a knockdown on a guy who had been brutally ko'd a couple of fights prior...

Comment

Originally posted by drew1830 View Post
          When the A-side wants a fight, the fight happens. Period.

That fight didn't happen because Mayweather obviously didn't want it.

He knows it and everybody in the world knows it.
          Ain't that the truth. If the A-side makes up an unprecedented request to make the fight happen, he don't want it. To be honest, Roach/Pac weren't ready for a Floyd fight so I'm sure they were happy to ride the roadblock Floyd set sup.

Comment

Wow, this thread is original. It has not been a subject of about 900 troll wars.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post

What was the reason? What were the excuses?

Was he just ducking him? Discuss!

You pacquiao fanboys will be forever bitter and heartbroken over floyd and I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                sure he ages, but he spotted when Pacman had aged and he hadnt as much (Pac having the more degenerative style), and moved on him THEN.

But credit for absolutely handling him. He proved beyond doubt that he could handle pac, and probably would have earlier if he had tried.
                You do realize they fought after Mayweather showed slippage against Maidana right.

You do realize Pac was at his most dangerous during the first negotiations and Floyd gave him a 50/50 split right.

You do realize that Floyd was willing to cut off random testing at 14 days according to the mediator right.

Comment

What was the reason? What were the excuses?

Was he just ducking him? Discuss!

I have always felt Floyd was byfar the greatest ever. I never seen a fighter that sharp against guys that big and young ever. Even before he fought them, I was very much impressed with what he did his entire career. But the last several fights when he was old, sealed it for me.

With that being said, he was ducking Pac. Pac ducked first in 09' to the end of 10'. After that it was all Floyd. I think Floyd is very confident in his ability, and he feels in his heart that he cannot be beaten. Thats why he faced a crapload of guys who imo were too big and too young for him. Like he fights anyone, and he not even scared to try MMA. He is so used to going in the ring, KNOWING in his heart, that no matter how dangerous you are, he is too great for you. And at the age of 33, when he saw Pac dismantle Cotto and Margarita, it was like whoa!!

I dont think it was fear of losing. I think he is so used to dominating everyone, and the pressure was on him to make it look easy. So he is ten times better than anyone, and he been doing this for 14yrs at that time. And every opponent is the same, and finally this guy comes along and it blew Floyd's mind. I think it makes it a bit of a rival. Everyone has that opponent that shakes them a bit. Im just glad he fulfilled his destiny, of facing him and winning.

Even to this day, it amazes me how much we used to talk about that fight. Thats crazy right? We used to come on this very same site and talk about this fight, and it was NEVER going to happen. It actually happened, and now their is no fantasy matchup surrounding them anymore!!

Comment

I agree... Wilder fanboys are desperate to see Joshua vs Wilder ASAP, but they weren't so desperate when Pacquiao was on his Prime & Peak.

They also justified Wilder fighting cans for his first 39 fights. lol
                    What?

Mayweather wanted OSDT and Pac refused.

Afraid of needles
                    Giving needles weakens me
                    I need a cutoff date
                    Meanwhile Floyd accepted Pac's demands of:

50/50 PPV split
                    $10 million/1lb over weight
                    Hell even Freddy Roach says "his side" was responsible for the fight not happening in 2009:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUs8yAS_qTs

In 2012 Floyd called out Manny (although he only offered him a flat fee). Manny/Arum said they:

Needed 9 months for a cut to heal (sustained in JMM 3)
                    Needed to build an outdoor stadium to host the fight
                    I'm an American fan and I could care less about AJ or Deontay. Wilder is cab driver expert with 1 good win he probably should've lost and AJ is pretty ordinary for my liking. I don't have a "horse" in the fight although I'd rather see AJ win since Deontay is a punk and couldn't even hurt MW Charlie Zelenoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK22F4DGAL8

There's nothing to like about Deontay Wilder. Dude talks a big game and avoids fighting anyone with a pulse. Ortiz not only had the fight won, but he needed blood pressure meds to keep his pulse going.

Wilder also ducking Povetkin with OSDT

Hopefully AJ fights and beats Povetkin (with OSDT in place)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

Pac chose not to take drug tests for ~5 years. It wasn't until his fight with Brandon Rios (in China) that Pac wanted OSDT (after KTFO6). The funny thing is JMM requested OSDT in their 3rd fight and Pac/Roach rejected OSDT for that fight.

Of course karma's a ***** and Pac got what he deserved in their 4th fight.

Floyd was nice enough to grace the Filipino immigrant with 40% split in their fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X