Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Return Reportedly Pushed Back After Hand Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell happened to Thurman?

He's damn near retired now

Comment

Jesus the WBA/WBC have stripped champs for less this is a year and a half with no fight.... make him Champ in Recess/diamond champ and call it a day.

Comment

Even though I feel sorry for Keith since accunulation of injuries can end a fighter's career, I also think that holding on to belts this long without defending them is definitley hurting the sport as fans forget about the top fighters which is really bad for sales, they should do the right thing for the sport and either force Keith to defend his title against Porter or Garcia in June or to strip him and have the number 1 and 2 contender fight for the belts. No time for tune ups.

Comment

too bad for the timing of the injury but WBC can order Porter and Garcia to fight for the interim title.
          Last edited by sammybee; 03-31-2018, 12:25 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
            No wonder he isn't in a rush to face Spence. He would get injured on his ring walk.
            Good one....

Comment

This ****'s a joke....most younger fighters want several fights a year, but Keith gets so many injuries that it almost seems to be B.S. No other fighter has had this many set back injuries....how did he even get this injury-from jerking off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                Even though I feel sorry for Keith since accunulation of injuries can end a fighter's career, I also think that holding on to belts this long without defending them is definitley hurting the sport as fans forget about the top fighters which is really bad for sales, they should do the right thing for the sport and either force Keith to defend his title against Porter or Garcia in June or to strip him and have the number 1 and 2 contender fight for the belts. No time for tune ups.
                Agreed, if he then hurts his ankle, how long should the belts be held hostage? and then a tune up to boot?....nah, its not fair for the other primed & ready waiting in the wings.

Comment

Thurman will be injured until Spence can no longer make 147.

Comment

Man looking at Thurman's resume its looking bleak.

Mar 2015 (26yrs/3mos layoff) W12 Robert Guerrero
                    July 2015 (26yrs/4mos layoff) KO7 Luis Collazo

June 2016 (27yrs/11mos layoff) W12 Shawn Porter

Mar 2017 (28yrs/9mos layoff) Ws12 Danny Garcia

Mar 2018 (29yrs/12mos layoff) NO FIGHT SCHEDULED AFTER MAY DATE CANCELED

And he turns 30 at the end of the year.

Comment

I don't think he wants to fight anymore. He got married, had a few tough fights prior to that and had the injury. I think he has lost the desire to fight, to put in the work to get in to top shape and I think he has lost some of the invincible confidence he used to have. He doesn't even talk like the same confident guy and shows no fire or passion when discussing getting back in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X