No announcement yet.

Is mayweather still cherry picking? randum dudes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    I don't know how you "cherrypick" a reigning and defending world champion. Floyd might the only fighter in history I've seen be called a cherry picker for fighting a CURRENT champion. That term was almost always reserved for when guys fought cab drivers or guys with losing records.

Floyd was well into his 30s when he beat Shane, Canelo, Cotto, and Pacquiao so he was no spring chicken himself.
    when you and your fans crown you TBE, of course its looked down upon when you go and fight someone like andre berto for your last fight. mofo put this on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
      I don't know how you "cherrypick" a reigning and defending world champion. Floyd might the only fighter in history I've seen be called a cherry picker for fighting a CURRENT champion. That term was almost always reserved for when guys fought cab drivers or guys with losing records.

Floyd was well into his 30s when he beat Shane, Canelo, Cotto, and Pacquiao so he was no spring chicken himself.
      Floyd fought the Mosley that Manny ducked isn't that irony.

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr hits Mayweather for cherry picking opponents

Mexican Hall of Famer Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is not impressed with how Floyd Mayweather established his professional boxing career.

In an interview with fighthype.com, the retired three-division champion stated that Mayweather won't be undefeated had the brash American fought in his era, even lashing out at Mayweather for "always" cherry picking opponents.

"I think if he would have faced the fighters from the 80s and 90s, he wouldn't be able to do anything," said Chavez.

"He has chosen his opponents. I think he definitely fights for himself and not the public nor the people. The truth is he can retire undefeated. Why? Because he never faced the best."

Mayweather, 38, is coming off a points victory over Manny Pacquiao a couple of months ago and is looking to face either Andre Berto or Karim Mayfield for his final fight in September.

While the public was shocked to learn that Mayweather plans to pick a seemingly easy opponent to fight in his farewell bout, the news hardly came as a surprise to Chavez.

"He always chose his opponents. Always fights in Las Vegas where everything is in his favor and nothing against him," says Chavez. "He always chooses his opponents and it will continue that way." - RAF, GMA News

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds
          Exposed!!!
          Dam man, you got him good.

Chavez Sr. has one of the most cherrypicked records to date. The cab driver thing started with Chavez. The guy has lost his mind.

Comment

chavez is one to talk. he was keeping the mexican cab drivers in business single handedly.

Comment

Bitterness is all this sounds like. You had your time shane dont hate.

Comment

After witnessing Spoons meltdown, I was thinking to myself :

"Gee, this DJTMAL guy is really staying composed despite being exposed as a flip-flopper. No signs of mental illness at all"

Boy oh boy was I wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  when you and your fans crown you TBE, of course its looked down upon when you go and fight someone like andre berto for your last fight. mofo put this on himself.
                  Muhammad Ali called himself the GOAT even before winning the heavyweight world title. But you want to criticize Floyd for fighting Berto after he had already had 25 title fights against 23 current of former champions?

Tell me, do you even know the name of the bum Ali fought right after beating Foreman or what his record was? I guarantee you can't tell me without googling it or going to boxrec.

Comment

Isn't this like 3 years old?

Comment

This guy is a bona fide mong. Trollwank.

Comment

Working...
                      X