Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newsflash, boxing doesnt revolve around america any more.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsflash, boxing doesnt revolve around america any more.

when i tune into watch these supposed big pbc fights and see a small venue where you could hear a pindrop that to me doesnt show its the home of boxing.

hearn showed it in his video, noone even knows who wilder is out on the streets. thats your american heavyweight champion. Joshua would get mobbed everywhere he goes in UK. i dont get the impression that crawford is much of a superstar either? and hes p4p number 1 on a lot of lists yet hes a nobody.

And ive seen lots of articles about american boxers crying that they arent stars, so american fighters arent even stars in there own country but its the hub of the sport? okay....

And you can thank al haymon and some of the other promoters there for that, theyve drained the life out of the sport.

You can fight in front of 80k fans or you can fight in front of 8k 'fans', what a tough decision. Even the damn entrances look budget over there now. The whole 'show' aspect of boxing has gone.

Vegas is still an attraction but its not the be all and end all anymore. I wouldnt be shocked if that loses its reputation as the boxing city soon too, mayweather was propping it up for a long time.

without a doubt historically its been the hub of boxing but thats changing.some of you need to get with the times. clinging onto past glories.

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    when i tune into watch these supposed big pbc fights and see a small venue where you could hear a pindrop that to me doesnt show its the home of boxing.

hearn showed it in his video, noone even knows who wilder is out on the streets. thats your american heavyweight champion. Joshua would get mobbed everywhere he goes in UK. i dont get the impression that crawford is much of a superstar either? and hes p4p number 1 on a lot of lists yet hes a nobody.

And ive seen lots of articles about american boxers crying that they arent stars, so american fighters arent even stars in there own country but its the hub of the sport? okay....

And you can thank al haymon and some of the other promoters there for that, theyve drained the life out of the sport.

You can fight in front of 80k fans or you can fight in front of 8k 'fans', what a tough decision. Even the damn entrances look budget over there now. The whole 'show' aspect of boxing has gone.

Vegas is still an attraction but its not the be all and end all anymore. I wouldnt be shocked if that loses its reputation as the boxing city soon too, mayweather was propping it up for a long time.

without a doubt historically its been the hub of boxing but thats changing.some of you need to get with the times. clinging onto past glories.
    😭😭😭😭😭state of this...

Look at the money a US superfight generates via gate PPV etc and compare it to what a UK superfight generates via gate PPV split etc, then maybe, just maybe you’ll actually understand what you’re talking about.

Seriously man, I’m a from the UK so would love boxing to be bigger here than the US but what you’re spouting is utter bull****.

Comment

Golovkin
      Kovalev
      Bivol
      Sri
      Roman Gonzalez
      GGG
      Lomanchenko

Don't see them running to the UK.......

If you want to be a big name in boxing, or make good money, you still gotta come to the USA.

Deal with it

All you got is Joshua and desperately trying to hang onto him

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        😭😭😭😭😭state of this...

Look at the money a US superfight generates via gate PPV etc and compare it to what a UK superfight generates via gate PPV split etc, then maybe, just maybe you’ll actually understand what you’re talking about.

Seriously man, I’m a from the UK so would love boxing to be bigger here than the US but what you’re spouting is utter bull****.
        pull the other one

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Golovkin
          Kovalev
          Bivol
          Sri
          Roman Gonzalez
          GGG
          Lomanchenko

Don't see them running to the UK.......

If you want to be a big name in boxing, or make good money, you still gotta come to the USA.

Deal with it

All you got is Joshua and desperately trying to hang onto him
          most of them arent stars, brook v ggg was probs his second biggest payday, kovalev came over here aswell. he would have been better off being based here, instead he fought ward in a supposed 'pound for pound' fight, which did horrific figures.

Comment

That's like saying higher education doesn't revolve around the USA anymore. But all the best colleges are still in the states. So are the great boxing venues.

The greatest fighters too. Floyd, BHOP, RJJ, straight back through Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Ali, back to Jack Johnson.

UK has great fans though.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              pull the other one
              😭😭 Really? I was born in the royal hospital Liverpool, and now live in the suburbs of Cheshire that enough evidence for you?

Unlike you I’m not a deluded imbecile and actually understand boxing.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo
                Joshua would be unknown in the US. Heavyweight champions are still a new thing for the Brits.
                yeah, thats the point im making.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  😭😭 Really? I was born in the royal hospital Liverpool, and now live in the suburbs of Cheshire that enough evidence for you?

Unlike you I’m not a deluded imbecile and actually understand boxing.

Pathetic.
                  no its not.........

Comment

The biggest fight out right now is ggg canelo 2. A Kaz and a Mexican. Where are they fighting again?

Rigo and Loma last year. A Cuban and w.e Loma is, where did they fight?
                    If AJ and wilder fight it'll most likely happen in Vegas

Are you catching the pattern

Comment

Working...
                    X