Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dillian Whyte deserving of a shot at the WBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the appalling WBC mandatories that have been called in the last 5-6 years Arreola, Wilder, Stiverne multiple times... Dillian Whyte is as or more deserving than any of those guys were.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I’m not saying Wilder deserved his shot, but his team got him into position, and the WBC ordered the fight and credit to Wilder he took his chance and became champion.
      The same way AJ’s team manoeuvred him into an easy title fight with Martin and AJ did the business against him.

If the WBC order the Whyte fight fair enough, there’s certainly been worse HW title challengers in the past, but I’d much rather see Wilder face AJ, and I’d much rather see Whyte face Brezeale to establish a legitimate mandatory challenger.
      I'm not denying AJ got gifted a belt, and that is beside the point. Surely you see the hypocrisy of any one saying Whyte doesn't deserve a shot at a belt.....I'd go as far to say he is THE most deserving HW challenger....and you can't deny his claim.

The only reason Wilder will avoid this fight is because they are hoping for an AJ payday lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Wilder is ducking Joshua already. Until he asks for a reasonable split that's the case.
        It’s called leveraging...
        Was Floyd ducking Pac when he asked for 70-30??
        Or was Pac ducking Floyd when he asked for 50/50???

The point is both sides are always going to leverage during negotiations, Wilders team are leveraging asking for 50/50 and in the same way AJ’s team are leveraging saying we’ll freeze you out.

If they actually attempted to negotiate the fight, I’m sure they’d be able to meet somewhere in the middle.
        Shelly Finkel is a smart business man, he knows Wilder is the B side but as a manager he is obliged to try and get the best possible deal for his client, in the same way Hearn knows Wilder is currently the biggest possible fight for AJ but is obliged to try and make the best deal for AJ/Matchroom.

Comment

If Stiverne was Whyte is.

I guess if Joshua-Wilder isn't next Wilder can stop ducking Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I'm not denying AJ got gifted a belt, and that is beside the point. Surely you see the hypocrisy of any one saying Whyte doesn't deserve a shot at a belt.....I'd go as far to say he is THE most deserving HW challenger....and you can't deny his claim.

The only reason Wilder will avoid this fight is because they are hoping for an AJ payday lol
            But that same hypocrisy could be used against AJ so it’s not besides the point. And as I said two wrongs don’t make a right, just because AJ and Wilder didn’t earn their shots it doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t have to earn theirs.

Whyte is far from the most deserving IMO, beating an out of shape inactive Browne and a faded version of Helenius who showed zero ambition does not make a credible world title challenger IMO. Would I be aggrieved if he was given a shot? No. But I’d much rather see him earn it legitimately in a final eliminator against another top contender like Brezeale.

Comment

But that same hypocrisy could be used against AJ so it’s not besides the point. And as I said two wrongs don’t make a right, just because AJ and Wilder didn’t earn their shots it doesn’t mean everyone else shouldn’t have to earn theirs.

Whyte is far from the most deserving IMO, beating an out of shape inactive Browne and a faded version of Helenius who showed zero ambition does not make a credible world title challenger IMO. Would I be aggrieved if he was given a shot? No. But I’d much rather see him earn it legitimately in a final eliminator against another top contender like Brezeale.
              So Whyte is FAR from the most deserving, who do you think is above Whyte in the pecking order? top WBC 15

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Wilder is ducking Joshua already. Until he asks for a reasonable split that's the case.
                See, like I said the excuse is ready. People, remember that I said it first

Comment

So Whyte is FAR from the most deserving, who do you think is above Whyte in the pecking order? top WBC 15

The WBC’s and all other ABC organisations rankings do not give an accurate reflection of who’s truly deserving of a title shot because they’re all based on politics and meaningless intercontinental, international, silver belts etc.
                  But looking at their top 15 I’d say:
                  Ortiz and Povetkin are superior fighters to Whyte but Ortiz has just had a shot and Povetkin is WBA mandatory. Pulev is better than Whyte IMO but he’s pretty inactive theses days and is going the IBF route.
                  Whyte and Brezeale are pretty much level for me, but both of them and the rest of the fighters in the WBC’s top 15 are not legitimate contender’s yet, hence the reason I’d like to see an eliminator between Whyte/Brezeale/Ortiz etc to establish a legitimate mandatory challenger.

Comment

The WBC’s and all other ABC organisations rankings do not give an accurate reflection of who’s truly deserving of a title shot because they’re all based on politics and meaningless intercontinental, international, silver belts etc.
                    But looking at their top 15 I’d say:
                    Ortiz and Povetkin are superior fighters to Whyte but Ortiz has just had a shot and Povetkin is WBA mandatory. Pulev is better than Whyte IMO but he’s pretty inactive theses days and is going the IBF route.
                    Whyte and Brezeale are pretty much level for me, but both of them and the rest of the fighters in the WBC’s top 15 are not legitimate contender’s yet, hence the reason I’d like to see an eliminator between Whyte/Brezeale/Ortiz etc to establish a legitimate mandatory challenger.
                    So, two 38 year old drug cheats and a 36 year old that has had 2 fights in 2 years and is coming off injury....I really worry about the sport with fans like you.

If the sport comes down to who WAS better, and age didn't matter, I'd agree with you.... but we all know Lennoz Lewis can't fight any more lol Povetkin, Ortiz and Pulev would be better names in their prime, or if they were active, but after watching Ortiz gas after 7 rounds, and not seeing Pulev for a while......you have to admit Whyte is THE most deserving HW to fight for a title.

We all know Wilder would never fight Povetkin voluntarily, I rate him above Wilder so that won't happen and he doesn't DESERVE a shot more than Whyte. Pulev needs a comeback fight and some momentum before I would even advise getting in with Whyte never mind Wilder... Whyte would win due to youth and activity. Ortiz doesn't have the stamina to box Whyte for over 6 rounds, he'd need an early ko or Whyte stops him in the second half.

So, you can pick old, inactive, or ex-drug cheats all you want.... but you will never convince me that Whyte isn't more deserving than any of those guys.

Comment

So, two 38 year old drug cheats and a 36 year old that has had 2 fights in 2 years and is coming off injury....I really worry about the sport with fans like you.

If the sport comes down to who WAS better, and age didn't matter, I'd agree with you.... but we all know Lennoz Lewis can't fight any more lol Povetkin, Ortiz and Pulev would be better names in their prime, or if they were active, but after watching Ortiz gas after 7 rounds, and not seeing Pulev for a while......you have to admit Whyte is THE most deserving HW to fight for a title.

We all know Wilder would never fight Povetkin voluntarily, I rate him above Wilder so that won't happen and he doesn't DESERVE a shot more than Whyte. Pulev needs a comeback fight and some momentum before I would even advise getting in with Whyte never mind Wilder... Whyte would win due to youth and activity. Ortiz doesn't have the stamina to box Whyte for over 6 rounds, he'd need an early ko or Whyte stops him in the second half.

So, you can pick old, inactive, or ex-drug cheats all you want.... but you will never convince me that Whyte isn't more deserving than any of those guys.
                      Wtf are you talking about????
                      Whyte failed a drugs test as well, remember? Do your research.

You’re claiming “old, inactive ex drug cheats” aren’t deserving, yet trying to claim Whyte is deserving off the back of beating an out of shape, old, inactive ex drug cheat in Browne🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 How hypocritical of you. Looks like you’ve just completely CONTRADICTED yourself.

Are you actually arguing Whyte is better than Ortiz and Povetkin???? Mental.

“Whyte would beat Ortiz”😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

And “Wilder would never fight Povetkin”🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣🤣he signed a ****ing contract to fight him in Russia you nutcase! As I said do your research.

Fans like you are the problem wanting Whyte get a title shot on the back of beating an out of shape “inactive ex drug cheat” in Browne instead of him earning it the proper way against a another top contender like Brezeale.
                      Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X