Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dillian Whyte deserving of a shot at the WBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a low hurdle to clear. I mean Charles Martin got himself into a vacant title fight with a resume that looked liked some prime Butterbean caliber fights.

So like with the boxing HOF the bar is so low I'd say any legit top ten guy could be argued to deserve a title shot at any one of the titles & I consider Whyte a bottom top ten guy so yea sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ashadam View Post
      What the hell are you arguing about Whyte is the WBC No1 Contender fact, Joshua is not offering Wilder fight fact, Joshua threatened to freeze out Wilder fact.

I just dont understand how you fanboys just make up things you want when the reality is clear in front of you.

Wilder has no control in this and after a while the WBC will have to give Whyte the fight.
      Dominic Breazeale was set to face Stiverne in a final eliminator - when that fight fell through because Ortiz popped dirty, granting Stiverne the mainevent ( shot ) Breazeale still went on to fight Molina ( a much better fighter than Helenius and Browne ) in a eliminator for the WBC.

These two are on course to face each other unless Wilder gives one of them a opportunity, I'm thinking considering that Dominic is with Haymon and he was denied a final eliminator with Stiverne he should get the call first.

Comment

Originally posted by ashadam View Post
        What the hell are you arguing about Whyte is the WBC No1 Contender fact, Joshua is not offering Wilder fight fact, Joshua threatened to freeze out Wilder fact.

I just dont understand how you fanboys just make up things you want when the reality is clear in front of you.

Wilder has no control in this and after a while the WBC will have to give Whyte the fight.
        How am I a fanboy, I dislike Wilder you little clown I just keep it real unlike deluded fanboys like yourself.

Joshua/Hearn are not offering Wilder the fight, well why the hell not?? Seriously why???Why not make the biggest possible fight in the division for all 4 titles??? And why does that mean Wilder should have to fight Whyte because AJ/Hearn don’t want to fight him???? That’s absurd🤣🤣
        There is NO reason for AJ and Hearn to not want to fight Wilder.

Whyte maybe ranked number 1 in the WBC but he is NOT the mandatory, Luis Carlos Abregu was ranked number 1 in the WBC for several years whilst Floyd was champ, did that fight ever happen?? The point is ABC organisation rankings are meaningless in the context of who are actually deserving contenders. If the WBC order the fight fair enough, there’s been worse HW title fights but the right decision would be to order a final eliminator between Whyte and Brezeale to establish a legitimate mandatory challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
          Yes, but AJ vs Wilder should be next.
          Exactly.................

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Dominic Breazeale was set to face Stiverne in a final eliminator - when that fight fell through because Ortiz popped dirty, granting Stiverne the mainevent ( shot ) Breazeale still went on to fight Molina ( a much better fighter than Helenius and Browne ) in a eliminator for the WBC.

These two are on course to face each other unless Wilder gives one of them a opportunity, I'm thinking considering that Dominic is with Haymon and he was denied a final eliminator with Stiverne he should get the call first.
            😭😭😭😭”Whyte is ranked 1 doe”
            I don’t hear anyone saying AJ should fight WBA #1 and MANDATORY Povetkin instead of Parker🤔🤔🤔
            That’s because we’d rather see the biggest fight possible which in that case is AJ-Parker. Just like any REAL boxing fan would rather see AJ-Wilder as opposed to any other pointless fight like Wilder-Whyte, AJ-Miller etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Wilder fought Gavern in a stay busy fight as the Stiverne fight had already been ordered. Fact.
              Do your research please...

And even if Wilder didn’t deserve a shot two wrongs don’t make a right, Rocky Fielding has beaten better opponents than Habib Ahmed, does that suddenly make him deserving of the WBO title shot he’s getting???
              Fair enough, he still fought no one before his shot (Firtha and Scott), and lets not pretend his previous 30 fights weren't all terrible either.

Why are Wilder fans on here saying he doesn't deserve a shot then? I'm only asking because they are saying that.

Comment

The problem is, the haters already has a excuse if Wilder fight Whyte next, they will say he is ducking Joshua on the first moment Wilder talks about Whyte

Comment

yes of course

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    Fair enough, he still fought no one before his shot (Firtha and Scott), and lets not pretend his previous 30 fights weren't all terrible either.

Why are Wilder fans on here saying he doesn't deserve a shot then? I'm only asking because they are saying that.
                    I’m not saying Wilder deserved his shot, but his team got him into position, and the WBC ordered the fight and credit to Wilder he took his chance and became champion.
                    The same way AJ’s team manoeuvred him into an easy title fight with Martin and AJ did the business against him.

If the WBC order the Whyte fight fair enough, there’s certainly been worse HW title challengers in the past, but I’d much rather see Wilder face AJ, and I’d much rather see Whyte face Brezeale to establish a legitimate mandatory challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                      The problem is, the haters already has a excuse if Wilder fight Whyte next, they will say he is ducking Joshua on the first moment Wilder talks about Whyte
                      Wilder is ducking Joshua already. Until he asks for a reasonable split that's the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X