No announcement yet.

Dana White Reportedly Planning To Make $500M 10 Fight Offer To Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    In fairness he SHOULD freelance out his promotion just like Floyd did. If he trusts Matchroom fair play, but do it freelance fight by fight...just in case & to maximize revenue.

Was he answering a question about this particular news or the question of sticking with Matchroom once there deal is up?

And sh^t fair play if he gets a % of Matchroom Boxing business. He's big enough where he can put Hearn & his daddy in that position to keep him around. Respect to Joshua if he can get himself that sorta deal.
    This is the interview he was referring to

Comment

that means AJ would stay away from Wilder for ten more fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        Does White really have that kind of cash? Who are they going to partner with for TV, given Hearn has a monopoly with Sky? After he fights Wilder, Joshua is really going to get paid 50m to fight Whyte, Povetkin, Chisora, Pulev, Bellew?

This is a massive jerkoff, attention seeking of the most ridiculous kind.
        assuming he has the backing of zuffa he'll have everything he needs.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          But this seems like a big risk for someone like Joshua to take, smells of the Roc Nation stuff from a while back.
          Its DEFINITELY a risk. But if this Zuffa Boxing thing is gonna get any wheels they are gonna need to sign mfers in boxing that matter.

And Joshua might be the best name in the business to get as I think he's just starting to gain ground in boxing & can still go alot further. Idk how much bigger Canelo gets in particular with the missteps they've been making.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
            Does White really have that kind of cash? Who are they going to partner with for TV, given Hearn has a monopoly with Sky? After he fights Wilder, Joshua is really going to get paid 50m to fight Whyte, Povetkin, Chisora, Pulev, Bellew?

This is a massive jerkoff, attention seeking of the most ridiculous kind.
            Yeah dana and the new UFC owners are rich af. The UFC/Zuffa generates a ton of money as well im sure they can offer joshua a fat contract. People keep laughing but Dana is a serious promoter and could make some noise in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              Nice one on King lol.But this would all but kill the Wilder fight for awile because White is not gonna put up that kind of money(sign up bonus too)and then put him in with biggest threat.
              Why would it kill Wilder? Most people think Joshua wins that fight anyway. And its a fight Joshua is gonna need to get bigger.

And hell we all know how contracts work. If Joshua wins all his fights he'd make $500M. If he loses then his max pay has the potential to get lowered just like he'd make less money with Hearn or whoever he was being promoted by. And to the extreme level if the deal doesn't make sense anymore he can be dropped completely by Dana or Hearn or whoever. That stuff is usually built into the boxing contracts I've seen.

Comment

Why would it kill Wilder? Most people think Joshua wins that fight anyway. And its a fight Joshua is gonna need to get bigger.

And hell we all know how contracts work. If Joshua wins all his fights he'd make $500M. If he loses then his max pay has the potential to get lowered just like he'd make less money with Hearn or whoever he was being promoted by. And to the extreme level if the deal doesn't make sense anymore he can be dropped completely by Dana or Hearn or whoever. That stuff is usually built into the boxing contracts I've seen.
                Just don't think he will wanna damage his product without making some money 1st.Plus there will be big signing bonus I'm sure.I mean Hearn has already made a ton but wants more before putting him in with the most dangerous guy.

Comment

Hahaha, well so much for making the UFC bigger than the NFL.

Funny how people in North America thinking Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
                    Hahaha, well so much for making the UFC bigger than the NFL.
                    Whats that got to do with this? The UFC isn't having a going outta business sale. I'd assume Zuffa Boxing will have its own budget & be its own company apart from the UFC if they share a TV deal in whole or partially.

Funny how people in North America thinking Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing.
                    Who's the biggest draw if not Canelo? Canelo's more worldwide. He's got 80 gazillion Mexicans watching all his fights.

Comment

Since they are looking to promote boxing this year I'd assume boxing.
                      i thought MMA for obvious reasons but is dana white a boxing promoter now?

Comment

Working...
                      X