Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under VADA/USADA testing in boxing are boxers allowed "missed test"(olympic ath are)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under VADA/USADA testing in boxing are boxers allowed "missed test"(olympic ath are)

So i was listening to Victor Conte talk about how easy it is to cycle PEDS for olympic athletes because apparently they are allowed "two missed tests" every year without being penalized.. AND the real kicker is these cant be disclosed so nobody ever knows if an athlete "missed" a test.

A third missed test counts as a positive doe..

It resets every year as well. Ill post the video where he talks about it.

I wonder if it's the same in boxing.

Would be even worse in boxing cause fighters only tested for like 8 to 12 weeks at a time leading up to fights.

I dont trust anything conte says, dude is a scammer, snitch, cheat so its already established he will basically say anything as long as it benefits him.

Now with that said, so you telling me fighters we hear about who missed a test actually has missed 3 times?'

is he speaking about the boxing commission? if so which one? or is he just speaking for vada? or is he generalizing? or ?????

Comment

Can somebody embed please. Here Conte talks about just how easy it can be for even an Olympuc athlete who is subjected to year-round tests Im pretty sure, to cheat...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=29s&v=t93U7NQb7LE

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
        So i was listening to Victor Conte talk about how easy it is to cycle PEDS for olympic athletes because apparently they are allowed "two missed tests" every year without being penalized.. AND the real kicker is these cant be disclosed so nobody ever knows if an athlete "missed" a test.

A third missed test counts as a positive doe..

It resets every year as well. Ill post the video where he talks about it.

I wonder if it's the same in boxing.

Would be even worse in boxing cause fighters only tested for like 8 to 12 weeks at a time leading up to fights.
        I don't believe this. Mainly because it's coming from Conte. I'd have to see the information from their websites saying this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          I dont trust anything conte says, dude is a scammer, snitch, cheat so its already established he will basically say anything as long as it benefits him.

Now with that said, so you telling me fighters we hear about who missed a test actually has missed 3 times?'

is he speaking about the boxing commission? if so which one? or is he just speaking for vada? or is he generalizing? or ?????

I dont know thats why i asked if this applies to VADA or USADA tested athletes in boxing.

I dont think that highly of Conte either. But here he's just saying olympic athletes are allowed to kiss two tests before the third miss is actually counted as a failed test.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            I don't believe this. Mainly because it's coming from Conte. I'd have to see the information from their websites saying this is true.
            It is indeed true. Missed tests are kept anonymous too..

" If they are not available for testers three times within the space of a year that constitutes a doping offence."

This athlete is calling people out to admit to their missed tests

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ests-athletics
            Last edited by Cheek busting; 03-21-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
              It is indeed true. Missed tests are kept anonymous too..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ests-athletics
              Ok I pulled it from the USADA site myself. I don't trust Conte so I had to read it for myself.

Filing Failure
              Whereabouts filings must be submitted to USADA by the deadlines outlined in the whereabouts filing section. A filing failure will be declared if:
              A whereabouts filing has not been submitted to USADA by the specified deadline

A whereabouts filing does not contain a specific 60-minute time slot and location where the athlete will be available for testing each day

A whereabouts filings is inaccurate or incomplete in order to reasonably locate the athlete for testing

Missed Test
              Athletes will receive a missed test if they are unavailable during the specified 60-minute time slot indicated on their whereabouts filing when attempted for testing.

Athletes are accountable for the entire 60-minute time slot, even if a doping control officer does not arrive at the beginning of the time slot. Athletes may be notified at any time during the time slot window.

Whereabouts Related – Anti-Doping Rule Violation (ADRV)
              Missed Test = Whereabouts Failure

Filing Failure = Whereabouts Failure

All whereabouts failures will be shared and combined with the athlete’s international federation (IF), WADA, and USADA, and will be part of a combined whereabouts failure record.

Any combination of three whereabouts failures (filing failures and/or missed tests), declared by USADA, WADA or an IF, within an 12 month period = Anti-Doping Rule Violation.
              https://www.usada.org/testing/whereabouts/

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

At least Conte did his time and didnt snitch to get out of trouble like MEMO did..

Conte took his charges like a man.. Served his time in the feds..

Lol MEMO too puusy and snitched. U know the homies'round the way gonna bust that melon first chance hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Ok I pulled it from the USADA site myself. I don't trust Conte so I had to read it for myself.

https://www.usada.org/testing/whereabouts/

Yup so he was speaking truth.

Comment

Vada's policy. VADA isn't a WADA signatory so theirs is a little different

3. Missed Tests: An Athlete may receive a missed test violation if
                    he/she is unavailable at the time and locations specified in the
                    Athlete’s Whereabouts Form and the collection officer is unable to
                    obtain current whereabouts information for the Athlete. Missed tests
                    will be handled as follows:
                    a. The Doping Control Officer (DCO) conducting the test
                    attempt will make a reasonable effort to locate the athlete at
                    the specified location in the Athlete’s Whereabouts filing. If
                    they are unable to locate the athlete, they will file an
                    unsuccessful attempt report with VADA.
                    b. VADA will review the DCO’s Unsuccessful Attempt Report
                    and determine if there is a reasonable basis to call the
                    athlete’s unavailability a missed test.
                    c. If there is a reasonable basis to consider the athlete’s
                    unavailability a missed test, the athlete will be sent
                    notification and be invited to provide a written explanation
                    to VADA within forty-eight (48) hours as to why they were
                    not able to be located.
                    d. VADA advises all Athletes to keep a copy of all
                    correspondence regarding their whereabouts in the event
                    there is an alleged missed test or other Whereabouts
                    Failure as these records may be required to assist the
                    Athlete’s case. Keeping adequate records is the
                    responsibility of the Athlete.
                    e. VADA will review any written responses timely received
                    from the Athlete and, conduct a further investigation, if
                    necessary, to determine whether it is appropriate to declare
                    a missed test.
                    f. VADA’s decision will be based on written submittals and
                    not be considered a hearing.
                    g. VADA will notify the athlete of the decision within ten (10)
                    days.
                    h. If the athlete has two or more missed tests during their
                    period of registration with VADA, they will be removed from
                    the program at VADA’s discretion.
                    http://vada-testing.org/wp-content/u...cyv3-28-16.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X