Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: On May 12 - Lomachenko Will Bow Down To King Jorge!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great matchup, to me it’s much more appealing than Garcia vs Loma. Linares is incredibly gifted, what plagued him besides his thin skin is his consistency. He’s been consistent enough to pick off contenders, but hasn’t consistently dominated opponents. Case in point, in spots during the Campbell fight he looked impressive but failed to excite against Gesta.

My inclination is Loma by late stoppage, since he takes some time to ramp up his pressure and aggression. Also Linares is usually a quick starter and fades during the middle rounds to pick it up again at the later rounds. I think it will be a good back and forth until Loma overwhelms him.

Interestingly, I believe that Linares has never lost going the distance, but then again Loma is cut from a different cloth than Kevin Mitchell or Anthony Croalla.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      Loma won't lose this fight and I'll be surprised if he loses a round of two
      That's a massive statement!

Linares holds most of the advantages here for me and should be considered the favourite,although i know he won't be.Bigger,stronger,more experienced,battle tested(although this could also work against him)and has faster hands too.Loma is definitely fresher,possiblymore skilled and has slightly better footwork. Cant wait for this one. Linares takes this and if not Loma is 10 times as special as I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Man who gives a fuk about P4P lists and sht. That sht is for noobs and nerds.
        I'm with you. Is unbelievable the amount of time some ppl waste on that crap. Also playing promoters, split purse, and who should make and how much. WTF? How about praising these two for fighting, or asking for the best fighters facing each other...

Comment

My only problem with this fight is that it is close enough that Loma couldn't have another fight in-between yet far enough to keep waiting for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            Linares will have size on him but the deciding factor I think is his hands are faster than Loma's and as long as he does not cut we may see the upset...
            But timing and accuracy beat speed again and again and add all those angles Lom uses will throw Linares rhythm off at times. But I see a close fight.

Comment

The first three rounds could be interesting, but once Loma gets in his groove, he'll chop Linares up. Jorge may not quit on the stool but he could easily get stopped on cuts.

Comment

Whore-hay Lina-res 'bout to become Loma's puto.

Lina has no idea the punishment that is coming her way.

Comment

YEEEAAAHHH Das Rite! All the Lina fangirls are too scurred to reply in this thread coz they know they time is up.

Cya in May putos!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    The first three rounds could be interesting, but once Loma gets in his groove, he'll chop Linares up. Jorge may not quit on the stool but he could easily get stopped on cuts.
                    He may not quit on his stool, but he'll quit afta Loma pushes his stool in and cuts/lacerates his anus to ribbons.

They all no wassup, DAT ass bout to be BEAT by Loma 'TBE' Chenko

Comment

I think we are going to see Linares become yet another mid-fight retiree. Sometime around the end of round 8 or 9 he will decide that he just doesn't want to come out for the next round.

In a year or so, when there are enough victims, someone will promote a 'Loma's no mas round robin' tournament, where the fighters that Loma has made quit all fight each other for the privilege of being beaten by Loma again.

Comment

Working...
                      X