No announcement yet.

Rid**** Bowe vs Deontay Wilder would've been interesting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Tubbs went 10 with Bowe the distance and was a very slick boxer , he schooled Bowe all the time in sparring . Your lack of gaging skills is showing . Wilder would be 3rd best fighter in the 80's at best from hes displayed so far .

Spzilkas most notable ACTUAL knock out win was Mike Mollo who had several losses and has a record of 28 and 6 ...yea Mollo who?

Spzilkas ACTUAL K.O record is 11 out of 23 fights ...and that was to journeyman and thats your proof Spzilka hits harder than Holyfield whos dropped guys like Bowe and Mercer ? lol

How much is Wilder paying you to post on here is a better question ?
    That poster's full of double standards and fallacies. They think, because Mariusz Wach was able to take Wladimir Klitschko's punches, that it therefore somehow means Deontay Wilder is a more powerful puncher (when a less durable Johan Duhaupas took everything Wilder landed for 11 rounds without even going down once).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
      That poster's full of double standards and fallacies. They think, because Mariusz Wach was able to take Wladimir Klitschko's punches, that it therefore somehow means Deontay Wilder is a more powerful puncher (when a less durable Johan Duhaupas took everything Wilder landed for 11 rounds without even going down once).
      Tubbs has only lost twice in his prime , he was overweight against Witherspoon and of course he was steamrolled by prime Tyson . Hes using guys like these ,he clearly didnt watch many 80's fights . Those guys make Wilder look foolish in skill . Wilder would defeat most bc he is 6'7 and that era werent stacked heavy power punchers .

Still has nothing to do with Holyfield and Bowe , no fight of Wilder suggests he would be favored over them but again hes also claiming hes never seen Wilder rocked .

Wilder is not the hardest hitter , Joshua is . Wilder wouldn't be the hardest in the 80's or 90's either , maybe eras before that . His punch counts dont suggest it as well as opposition , i would also dare say he DID hit both Stiverne and Ortiz with back of head shots before knocking them out /TKO . I havent seen many clean stoppages without long fights of accumulated punches .

This COULD change but at 40 fights i think he makes top 10 puncher but not top 5 ? I dont see it .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-24-2018, 07:34 AM.

Comment

bowe is one of my fav heavyweights but he struggled with lesser punchers, his chin was out of this world but to act like he would just destroy wilder is crazy, at any moment wilder can end the fight and bowe was there to be hit, but when he came to fight he was really good. Bowe and a lot of the great HWs struggled with lesser opponents then wilder or AJ so to act like these guys wouldn't be competitive or be able to beat the HWs of past eras is going overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          bowe is one of my fav heavyweights but he struggled with lesser punchers, his chin was out of this world but to act like he would just destroy wilder is crazy, at any moment wilder can end the fight and bowe was there to be hit, but when he came to fight he was really good. Bowe and a lot of the great HWs struggled with lesser opponents then wilder or AJ so to act like these guys wouldn't be competitive or be able to beat the HWs of past eras is going overboard.
          " Bowe and a lot of the great HWs struggled with lesser opponents then wilder "

No he didnt . Bowe had only struggled with Holyfield and only lost too Holyfield when he had Steward .

Bowe struggled with Golota bc he was lazy and Eddie Futch left him after that fight, he was never in any mental copacity to box at high level after 95 .

These are hardly A LOT of struggles.

How about actual struggles to guys who wouldn't even be known in Bowes era ? Like Spzilka and Molina in actual championship fights ?

How about the ACTUAL match up itself ?

Bowe a REFINED inside fighter , great jab , great chin vs Wilder ,unsteady with jabs thrown at him, not a steady jabber , lets opposition in on him bc of what he doesn't do well . Which is JAB and doesnt throw over 2 punches at once most of the time just pawing his lead hand out so his foot work actually is justa stalling tactic to wait for openings .

Maybe Bowe doesnt destroy Wilder but how can you put Wilder over Bowe when he wont even have the active punch output to make Bowe sweat !

Comment

" Bowe and a lot of the great HWs struggled with lesser opponents then wilder "

No he didnt . Bowe had only struggled with Holyfield and only lost too Holyfield when he had Steward .

Bowe struggled with Golota bc he was lazy and Eddie Futch left him after that fight, he was never in any mental copacity to box at high level after 95 .

These are hardly A LOT of struggles.

How about actual struggles to guys who wouldn't even be known in Bowes era ? Like Spzilka and Molina in actual championship fights ?

How about the ACTUAL match up itself ?

Bowe a REFINED inside fighter , great jab , great chin vs Wilder ,unsteady with jabs thrown at him, not a steady jabber , lets opposition in on him bc of what he doesn't do well . Which is JAB and doesnt throw over 2 punches at once most of the time just pawing his lead hand out so his foot work actually is justa stalling tactic to wait for openings .

Maybe Bowe doesnt destroy Wilder but how can you put Wilder over Bowe when he wont even have the active punch output to make Bowe sweat !
            a struggle is a struggle and at no point did I put wilder over bowe, the only thing wilder has over him is power and work ethnic which go a long way at HW. I have bowe winning but how many of wilders punches can he take before hed be done?

Comment

Tubbs has only lost twice in his prime , he was overweight against Witherspoon and of course he was steamrolled by prime Tyson . Hes using guys like these ,he clearly didnt watch many 80's fights . Those guys make Wilder look foolish in skill . Wilder would defeat most bc he is 6'7 and that era werent stacked heavy power punchers .

Still has nothing to do with Holyfield and Bowe , no fight of Wilder suggests he would be favored over them but again hes also claiming hes never seen Wilder rocked .

Wilder is not the hardest hitter , Joshua is . Wilder wouldn't be the hardest in the 80's or 90's either , maybe eras before that . His punch counts dont suggest it as well as opposition , i would also dare say he DID hit both Stiverne and Ortiz with back of head shots before knocking them out /TKO . I havent seen many clean stoppages without long fights of accumulated punches .

This COULD change but at 40 fights i think he makes top 10 puncher but not top 5 ? I dont see it .

I agree with all of this! But do you believe either Luis Ortiz or Deontay Wilder are harder / more powerful punchers than Wladimir Klitschko? I personally don't! I can't see Wilder dropping Joshua with a single punch as Wlad did. Nor can I see Ortiz accomplishing this either.

Other than Mike Tyson, who would you rate as a harder puncher than Deontay Wilder in the 1980's?

I think Wilder probably does hit harder than any guy before the 80's though.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                a struggle is a struggle and at no point did I put wilder over bowe, the only thing wilder has over him is power and work ethnic which go a long way at HW. I have bowe winning but how many of wilders punches can he take before hed be done?
                A struggle is not a struggle ,only in the Wilder fanboy club that rule exists .

I dont know does Duhaupas have a better chin than Bowe ?

Does an aged Ortiz have a better chin than 20's Bowe ?

Would Bowe hit Wilder harder than Molina did ?

Who would actually land first ?

You guys act like Bowe is just going to stand there and be a statue , in reality it would be Wilder having to worry about the 6'5 Bowe who had a 81 inch reach bc skills comes with that package .

Wilder has become the new unbeatable versus guy bc his fans use the unbeatable angle of "Well he eventually lands " therefor he wins . lol

Bowe has NO actual win over a power puncher , He doesnt need one to see he holds key things to win here . Because in reality who has Wilder fought who can punch besides Ortiz ?

I consider Wilder a what if right now ? His last fight gave us as many answers as questions , think he was lucky the bell rang . I also believe Ortiz is very formidable .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-24-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  I agree with all of this! But do you believe either Luis Ortiz or Deontay Wilder are harder / more powerful punchers than Wladimir Klitschko? I personally don't! I can't see Wilder dropping Joshua with a single punch as Wlad did. Nor can I see Ortiz accomplishing this either.

Other than Mike Tyson, who would you rate as a harder puncher than Deontay Wilder in the 1980's?

I think Wilder probably does hit harder than any guy before the 80's though.
                  Wlad is the hardest puncher , Joshua may become that ,it all depends if he improves the technique snap more . His heavy hands and speed are certainly capable . Wilder hits harder than Ortiz , who does have sting himself .

Bruno was a very hard hitter maybe on par , i would think Razor hit harder but he grew stronger in the 90's .Foreman i think other than Tyson , Joshua is essentially Foreman with speed of course technique when punching........
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

A struggle is not a struggle ,only in the Wilder fanboy club that rule exists .

I dont know does Duhaupas have a better chin than Bowe ?

Does an aged Ortiz have a better chin than 20's Bowe ?

Would Bowe hit Wilder harder than Molina did ?

Who would actually land first ?

You guys act like Bowe is just going to stand there and be a statue , in reality it would be Wilder having to worry about the 6'5 Bowe who had a 81 inch reach bc skills comes with that package .

Wilder has become the new unbeatable versus guy bc his fans use the unbeatable angle of "Well he eventually lands " therefor he wins . lol

Bowe has NO actual win over a power puncher , He doesnt need one to see he holds key things to win here . Because in reality who has Wilder fought who can punch besides Ortiz ?

I consider Wilder a what if right now ? His last fight gave us as many answers as questions , think he was lucky the bell rang . I also believe Ortiz is very formidable .
                    I think you are a little to emotionally invested in this all, if wilder fought bowe it would be 50/50 due to wilders power but yes bowe is the better fighter overall. yeah ok wilder was lucky the bell rang and it rung so are you going to sit and complain about it for eternity? many fighters were saved by the bell, I think that's a part of the sport or maybe not and im crazy. bowe had his career and its over I was just giving my input on the thread my friend u need some pssy. im excited about the current HW division im not going to sit here and cry about how all the older HWs were better all damn day. and any HW is beatable because all it takes is one punch at that weight u seem to take things you argue about with other posters and apply it to any wilder fan. gee wiz if u want I can help u buy some pssy and a sack of green so u can relax

Comment

Man, Bowe was slow? You mfers watching the Golata fights on repeat? Gonwatchbhom against Pierre Cotzee and the first Holyfield fight. That Bowe annihilates any version of Wilder. Ortiz is a very good fighter and was arguably on his way to a decision win before he got stopped. Rid**** Bowe in proper shape is levels above Luis Ortiz and would either KO Wilder fairly early or bust him the fck up on the inside.

Look I get it Wilder is fun to watch but all he has is power. That's not going to carry him to all time great status.

Comment

Working...
                      X