Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN Names Mayweather 8th Most Dominant Athlete of Past 20 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN is a real joke - 21 years undefeated, won titles at 5 different weight classes, the only boxer to hold two belts at two different weight divisions at the same time (147 & 154), generated more money than any of the above mentioned sports personalities - and you tell me he is no. 8. Love him or hate him, you got to give the man his props.

Comment

How did they leave off Brady? Lebron over Brady? Serena over Brady? Someone who drives a hot wheels car over Brady?

Comment

All right fans here we go! 12 pages of nonsense for the low IQ championship of the world! Iiiiiits SHOWTIME!
        Fighting out of the Blue Corner! Floyd Mayweathers blind nutriders!!!
        Fighting out of the Red Corner the butthurt Floyd haters!!!

Comment

Messi and Ronaldo not being top 10 is LOL material. They have been the undisputed best player on their respective teams which have won 7 of the last 10 Champions League titles between them, including 10 of the last 10 Balon D'or (equivalent MVP) with either one certain to win the 11th this season. In addition to which both have averaged more than a goal a game the last 10 years when you compare other great players score at around 0.60/70 on the high end. Both are undisputed in the top 5 ever I guess the only knock is they came at the same time but both should be #1 and 2 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by aobura View Post
            ESPN is a real joke - 21 years undefeated, won titles at 5 different weight classes, the only boxer to hold two belts at two different weight divisions at the same time (147 & 154), generated more money than any of the above mentioned sports personalities - and you tell me he is no. 8. Love him or hate him, you got to give the man his props.
            So u mad he's at no.8? Is that what I'm understanding. Most influential... Don't forget... Were not talking abt money here...

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtYouKnew! View Post
              Where is Michael Jordan? The greatest basketball player of all time isn’t in the top twenty, but LeBron James is! James has lost in the finals 4 times!
              It was a list of the most dominant athletes of the past 20 years. Read man, read. Jordan has been retired for over 15 years now so he's out of the discussion.

Also I think Max is ludicrous for putting Roy Jones over Floyd for the past 20 years. Roy hasn't been a top guy in boxing for over 13 years. He was Ko'd twice in 2004 and hasn't won a recognized world title since.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Messi and Ronaldo not being top 10 is LOL material. They have been the undisputed best player on their respective teams which have won 7 of the last 10 Champions League titles between them, including 10 of the last 10 Balon D'or (equivalent MVP) with either one certain to win the 11th this season. In addition to which both have averaged more than a goal a game the last 10 years when you compare other great players score at around 0.60/70 on the high end. Both are undisputed in the top 5 ever I guess the only knock is they came at the same time but both should be #1 and 2 on the list.
                Yeah America doesn't really care for gay stuff like soccer like the rest of the world, but we are making some strides. They included transgender tennis star Serena on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                  How did they leave off Brady? Lebron over Brady? Serena over Brady? Someone who drives a hot wheels car over Brady?
                  Brady was put at 20. I think his recent loss at the superbowl is influencing their opinions. People seem to forget that Brady has taken the Patriots to the Superbowl 8 times and won 5 of them. People are focusing too much on the times he came up short.

Comment

Mayweather was very very good but not great. 50 is noting compare ray robinson 90 in amatuer and first 125 fights was 123-1 2 draws

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      both of them are also on 2 of the richest, most talent laden teams in sports. it's not like they put up those stats playing for west ham.

Comment

Working...
                      X