Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: I'm Not Protecting Canelo, But We Have To Be Fair!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
    And what do you think?
    it really doesnt matter , im no expert here...
    but for someone that knows the food contamination in mexico, i can tell you, there is a reason media didnt make a big deal about this in mexico, they are very familiar with the issue, and they know is not exclusive to taco stands... still canelo and his team should be penalized for negligence and delay the fight until september with rigorous testing from now until the fight takes place just to make sure ggg is under fair circumstances...
    do i think is going to happen?? no... they wouldnt even do this if ggg was the one that tested positive, too much money for vegas and boxing is a business first...

Comment

Exactly. If he's a clean athlete, just take the hair follicle test and this will all be over with. I don't know why that's not being pushed more in this case with the magnitude of the fight. We could end all of these silly discussions real quick.
      That's my point. All of this will be over. But - Canelo will have to continue the rest of his career being doubted. But hey, that's what comes with the territory of being positive.

Oh, and what I'd like to see from this is: Boxing should tell everyone, from here on out, if you choose to live in Mexico and train in Mexico, you will be subjected to 24/7-365 random urine, blood, and hair testing. (that way there is no microdosing in between fights when testing normally wouldn't take place). And let them know that ignorance and negligence will no longer be an excuse. All positive Clen tests will be treated as PED use. No exceptions.

Comment

• So then you're saying you'd agree that it's 50/50 as far as knowing whether it was meat or actually a PED. I really like both of these fighters. But I'm also on board with a clean playing field. And I don't think their investigation will be able to turn up any truth either way. It could've been the levels consistent with meat, but equally the other way, it could've been levels consistent with him cycling off recently and that's what was left. With the inordinate amount of fighters testing positive for PED's more and more each year, you test positive no matter meat or PED's--you knew the rules. If you let lesser fighters take punishments, but some of the bigger ones skate, you're setting a very bad precedent for boxing.
        Originally posted by icha View Post
        it really doesnt matter , im no expert here...
        but for someone that knows the food contamination in mexico, i can tell you, there is a reason media didnt make a big deal about this in mexico, they are very familiar with the issue, and they know is not exclusive to taco stands... still canelo and his team should be penalized for negligence and delay the fight until september with rigorous testing from now until the fight takes place just to make sure ggg is under fair circumstances...
        do i think is going to happen?? no... they wouldnt even do this if ggg was the one that tested positive, too much money for vegas and boxing is a business first...

Comment

• Heck, make them both take the hair test. If I tested for this and was adamant that I was innocent, I'd offer it up. I don't know why that's not being offered up by Golden Boy. But I agree a failed test is a failed test. You have to watch the Robert Garcia interview on it while he's wrapping one of his young Mexican fighter's hands at his gym. The kid started laughing and said, "That's the excuse. You get caught and you say it's the meat. Everyone in Mexico says that." You could tell Garcia was careful choosing his words at first, but then he started laughing agreeing with the kid. And I'm aware we don't know the absolute truth yet, but the hair test would definitely clear all of these squabbles up. It would honestly be a great chance for Canelo to put it back in everyone's faces if he is clean. But for now, this has to be screwing a little with him psychologically. VADA is up his arse testing him more than usual, and his public perception isn't the greatest at the moment.
          Originally posted by Street15 View Post
          That's my point. All of this will be over. But - Canelo will have to continue the rest of his career being doubted. But hey, that's what comes with the territory of being positive.

Oh, and what I'd like to see from this is: Boxing should tell everyone, from here on out, if you choose to live in Mexico and train in Mexico, you will be subjected to 24/7-365 random urine, blood, and hair testing. (that way there is no microdosing in between fights when testing normally wouldn't take place). And let them know that ignorance and negligence will no longer be an excuse. All positive Clen tests will be treated as PED use. No exceptions.

Comment

• Come on now muchachos, let's be fair, the kid can't pass a taco truck without spending some pesos.
            Viva Mexico!
            Tests? What Tests? I don't need no test! I don't have to show you no stinking tests!
            Last edited by ruedboy; 03-19-2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

So then you're saying you'd agree that it's 50/50 as far as knowing whether it was meat or actually a PED. I really like both of these fighters. But I'm also on board with a clean playing field. And I don't think their investigation will be able to turn up any truth either way. It could've been the levels consistent with meat, but equally the other way, it could've been levels consistent with him cycling off recently and that's what was left. With the inordinate amount of fighters testing positive for PED's more and more each year, you test positive no matter meat or PED's--you knew the rules. If you let lesser fighters take punishments, but some of the bigger ones skate, you're setting a very bad precedent for boxing.
              thats the thing, if canelo is going to take same punishment as others under the same circumstances like nery or vargas then he most likely gets exonerated ... i think he needs to prove something in the investigation and then punished accordingly, even if only negligence is found...

Comment

• I definitely agree with you, man.
                Originally posted by icha View Post
                thats the thing, if canelo is going to take same punishment as others under the same circumstances like nery or vargas then he most likely gets exonerated ... i think he needs to prove something in the investigation and then punished accordingly, even if only negligence is found...

Comment

Heck, make them both take the hair test. If I tested for this and was adamant that I was innocent, I'd offer it up. I don't know why that's not being offered up by Golden Boy. But I agree a failed test is a failed test. You have to watch the Robert Garcia interview on it while he's wrapping one of his young Mexican fighter's hands at his gym. The kid started laughing and said, "That's the excuse. You get caught and you say it's the meat. Everyone in Mexico says that." You could tell Garcia was careful choosing his words at first, but then he started laughing agreeing with the kid. .
                  I saw that interview. He was extra careful with his words at first. He's been walking on egg shells. But he finally opened up and admitted it was a nonsense excuse and that Canelo lives like a king and can afford to go the extra mile to make sure all of the food he consumes is from reputable organic farms or shipped from elsewhere (basically doing whatever it takes to never get caught up in this again).

And to be honest, I have no clue why this isn't being pushed by EVERYONE. WBC, WBA, Team Golovkin, boxing media outlets, other boxers. They all should demand hair test to put it all to rest. If Golden Boy decides not to, even in the face of the entire boxing community, we'll know all we need to know.

Comment

• WBC are so far up Canelos ass it's not funny, Canelo welcome the sanctioning body back now they are bum buddies again. ANY other fighter gets a fat dump on their head but Canelo is 'innocent' wow.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pakutu93;18585435]Clenelo's first title fight was for vacant wbc ww title vs Mathew Hatton. Cenelo did not make weight!! Guess what happen next? Wbc(Mex) stripped Maravilla and declared wbc jmw title vacant all for Clenelo!! So his misses weight limit and they Wbc (Mex) strip and vacates a title all in one day!! If that is not favortism. Then what is. seems to me weight is a problem! So now u know where the Clenbuterol falls in to this picture!!! Weakling cheater

Martinez was never striped of the belt, he was elevated as Super Champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X