No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Marcus Browne Deal Done for HBO Bout; Date Not Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    Wait don't certain fighters get **** for fight subpar fighters after a loss. I remember Danny Garcia getting all kinds of crap for taking on Rios after his loss but Kovalev gets a pass for fighting back to back cans and beating one if them for a title
    It's because many people wanted to fight DSG, but he chose a total mismatch. Kovalev on the other hand offered Barrera, Browne, and many others like Jack the fight for his comeback, but they all turned it down. Kovalev always fights the highest rated guy willing to fight him, which is why he still found top 10 - 15 guys like Shabbransky and Mikhalkin. DSG cherry picked the 200th best guy at welterweight, a version of Brandon Rios who should be retired. You can't compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      Very dangerous fight for Kovalev. The books out on his body shot weakness. Browne has a bit of a mean streak too . If Kovalev wants to brawl, foul, Browne can do that. I'm picking Browne for the upset, possibly by TKO. Once the bully gets punched in the month, his mystique is gone.
      Kovalev never wants to foul. I see you are already laying the groundwork to make excuses when Browne intentionally headbutts him like he did to Kalajdic, or when he holds 300 times like he did to Kalajdic. Browne is exactly like Andre Ward, and if he gets selected by the corrupt boxing establishment to be the next big American star like Ward was, and is therefore given free reign to blatantly cheat against every opponent he faces, then I believe he can be just as "good" as Ward if not better, because that's what made Ward so "good," and Browne is just as athletic as Ward with more power, so as long as they let them blatantly cheat I think he can also be the next #1 P4P all time great!

Comment

Very nice! Shaolin Stand Up!

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          He should have picked Beterbiev if wanted a better shot at winning title imo.Kov will bring more money though.
          I think Kovalev is more vulnerable than Beterbiev right now. Browne is gonna make more money while fighting the easier and more notable opponent.

Comment

I favor Kovalev in this fight..

Comment

I know I've seen Browne at least once or twice and if I remember correctly, he's pretty sharp. Yeah, this will be a pretty tight fight, both guys are similar in size, 3 inch reach advantage for Browne and a 7 year age advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Wait don't certain fighters get **** for fight subpar fighters after a loss. I remember Danny Garcia getting all kinds of crap for taking on Rios after his loss but Kovalev gets a pass for fighting back to back cans and beating one if them for a title
                We all know why Kovalev and similar toned fighters get a pass. #Comeonnow

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  Kaladjdzic had a 76 inch reach, one of the few with a longer reach than Browne's 75.5 inches. Kovalev only has 72.5 inches. Kaladjdzic was also in his prime, Kovalev is not. Kaladjdzic also has pretty good hand speed, which Kovalev used to have, but it's yet to be seen if he still does after his 35th birthday. It looked pretty good the last two fights but not quite as smooth and natural as in his prime, and neither did his legs. And then obviously, his biggest issue at this point is stamina, which has absolutely fallen off a cliff and may be the worst of any titlist in the sport at this point.

Kovalev is still dangerous but he's no longer unbeatable by his contemporaries, despite still having never been legitimately beaten in his career. Even boxers with good habits decline at 33 years old, see GGG. Kovalev has had very bad training habits in the past, and he will be 35 when this fight happens, not 33. You do the math. This is a risky fight for him.
                  Which fights did Kovalev loose that he wasn’t legitimately beaten in ?? Not your opinion but state facts not feelings

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
                    We all know why Kovalev and similar toned fighters get a pass. #Comeonnow
                    Had nothing to do with him having back to back fights with the p4p #1?
                    Garcia took a year off and fought
                    a completely shot fighter, something he's known for doing. But worms like you bring up race

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      Had nothing to do with him having back to back fights with the p4p #1?
                      Garcia took a year off and fought
                      a completely shot fighter, something he's known for doing. But worms like you bring up race
                      Lol this is America ******. Oh and I bet you dont see color right?? I hope you dont drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X