• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.C. Uppercut, Imam, Close Dec,x1

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Indictment of Imam for me.

I think Ramirez is a skilled cat, but this is a very solid step up for him so there is no reason to have a ton of faith in him either. That said Imam gots nothing on defense or has much of a plan once he starts taking shots + his career was basically stopped when he took his L which is gonna do nothing to help him in this fight.

King has just been maintaining Imam vs lesser guys since the L which is not the type of grooming you wanna have going into a fight vs a guy like Ramirez, who's looking to prove himself, as I see it. Imam should've been thrown in with some solid guys after his L to grow & improve.

So it could very well be that Imam cracks Ramirez & Ramirez decides this ain't for him, but Imam has already been cracked vs a guy who's seen by most as having lesser potential than Ramirez and HE CRACKED so logic says he's more likely to crack quicker the next time he does crack. Is this that time? We shall see tomorrow, but my money is on Ramirez.

It should be an interesting fight that does a lot to define both guys moving forward.
      Great points pretty much just said same thing lol.One other thing is a REALLY don't like a square fighter(Jose)vs a big st8 right puncher esp with jab.But can we trust his heart.Really talented but is more T Norris(who came back from bad ko)or Andrew Maynard?

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        He does have a lot of talent he can throw every punch in book.But he does NOT have Floyd talent(his defence should be better with his reflexes but keeps his feet and don't move head enough)Its his heart that's the BIG ? imo.But this kid does have loads of skill.Ramirez also has some ?s his opp have been bad and has yet to go more then 10(once)and has fought no one to really test his chin.If the Gran fight hade never took place id pick Imam EASY.But REALLY hard to bet on guy who folded in his only real test.He beat Ugas but that was Ugas last loss and last fight at 40 so don't know if he was tight at weight.Wish I could see them fight before I bet on either just soooo many ?s on each(obv more on Imam).We will know a lot more on each after this fight imo.
        Yeah man but that's why I love fights like these
        Can never really tell at this level and stage

I agree about imam's skill I just think he has an air of amir about him
        Does a lot right but also he gets really simple things wrong

Ramirez I'm kinda hoping he will prove me right and just bust up imam from the get go

Knowing what we do about imam that is exactly what I would do

My money is on him getting blown out

I may very well be wrong

This is a good one

Comment

B morph, Ramirez, KO 5 - 8, X1.

Comment

mathed, Ramirez, KO rds 5-8

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
              Yeah man but that's why I love fights like these
              Can never really tell at this level and stage

I agree about imam's skill I just think he has an air of amir about him
              Does a lot right but also he gets really simple things wrong

Ramirez I'm kinda hoping he will prove me right and just bust up imam from the get go

Knowing what we do about imam that is exactly what I would do

My money is on him getting blown out

I may very well be wrong

This is a good one
              I agree its a good fight.And can see several different outcomes.Most of time this would be easy with the way Imam performed with Gran.But that little Mexican is tough as shoe leather and Imam dropped good in 1st and nearly again in 3rd off body shot right before bell.I love his style(Imam)with square fighter like Ramirez but like the saying goes boxing is 90% mental(not really but it means ALOT).And also don't like the way they brought him back since loss.3 easy fights in 2 and half years no more then 5-6 rounds.Well gotta watch weighin and see if any ran for water fast lol as I know both made weight.But I like seeing how fast/much they go for the water lol.Good night man

Comment

Is it me or everyone is picking ramirez?

A.K ramirez KO 5-8

Comment

MindGame...

Ramirez wide decision...

Comment

Ramirez
                    Imam doesn't even deserve a title shot

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                      Please no regional match ups... that would put a dent in this poll...imo
                      Opinion duly noted, man. Don't worry, we ain't gonna make any significant changes unless the majority of active players clearly support 'em. In this case I don't think we're even close to that regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

EDIT: Just to expound a bit, I think I can speak for siablo and john too in saying the aim is something like 'by the players for the players' - we're trying to be as democratic and transparent as possible, and hopefully open to criticism as well as suggestions to improve the game.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-17-2018, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X