Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that have never been accused of ever ducking a fight in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali never heard if him ducking

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Yes but you have to be realistic about it.

You said the vitality rematch and yes, that could ideally be labeled a duck because Lewis did talk extensively about a rematch in a controversial fight.... Then retired lol

Ali can't be accused of a duck against a guy he fought thrice. That's unrealistic.
      But he did duck a rematch with Foreman.Now by the time Foreman got back boxing was 76 and by that time Ali was shot but he did not want him again even though he still was champ.Everyone can be accused of ducking if you really want to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        great point even SSR has been accused of ducking Burly.I just think the times really never matched up but ive heard people say it even some I respect.
        Yep. There is so many variables in play with trying to get x to fight y calling it a duck is hardly ever something a fan, with lil to no behind the scenes knowledge, can ever claim. And even when one side or the other is claiming duck you can never really know how legit that is cuz anyone can say anything.

All sorts of things can make any specific fight harder or easier to make at any given time if not impossible if the math &/or politics go against it.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Glen Johnson?
          Reggie Johnson.

Comment

every fighters been accused of ducking. its all up to the fans lol. if a fan doesnt like this guy, he's gonna start accusing him of ducking the other guy, etc.

being accused of ducking shouldnt mean shiiet. its all a popularity contest between which fighters the fans like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Yep. There is so many variables in play with trying to get x to fight y calling it a duck is hardly ever something a fan, with lil to no behind the scenes knowledge, can ever claim. And even when one side or the other is claiming duck you can never really know how legit that is cuz anyone can say anything.

All sorts of things can make any specific fight harder or easier to make at any given time if not impossible if the math &/or politics go against it.
              Yea I agree mostly I DONT give the BIG money fighters the same benefit as others though.But even then if COMPLETLY tied to another network and they wont work together then ok.But even that can be used as a duck like A Stevenson signing with SHOW when he was gonna fight Kov and KNEW he was signed up to HBO.Sometimes as we have seen if the fights BIG enough they will figure it out if Promoters/fighters REALLY want it.Tyson v Lewis,Floyd v Pac.

Comment

Hasim Rahman. Unless there was a demand for a Lewis trilogy but I don't think there was.

Comment

Winky Wright...

Comment

Did Oscar? I'm sure he did get accused but I can't remember an obvious one, and he literally fought everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Did Oscar? I'm sure he did get accused but I can't remember an obvious one, and he literally fought everyone.
                      He ducked a Sweet Pea rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X