Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**BREAKING NEWS!** Taylor to be striped of WBA belt!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer
    Finally, a place where people like me, ***ish Singles, can get together and talk. I'm so happy.

Comment

My understanding is that neither fighter is willing to pay the sanctioning fees and that is fairly common. Nothing will be taken from anyone if JT wins, but if Winky wins the WBA title will go to Sturm.

Comment

I am glad about all of this: hope all fighters, stray away from these meaningless belts...who really cares, just fight the best out there...if anything, maybe just use the Ring ****zine belt for the time being as the "Championship Belt"; at least until everything is cleaned up, and a creation of a Legit, no pay, Title Belt is created; I am not talking about a ****zine belt either, though I am not really complaining...I am talking about a belt, one in each division, somehow voted and established by non-bias people, that create the one, and only belt.
        If that makes any sense

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1
          Man who really cares about these ****** meaningless belts. We have too many belts already.
          I agree with you 100%. WBO, WBA, WBC, ABC, DEF, GHI...the list continues.

Comment

Shame on the WBA.
            What a joke.
            Pathetic.

And wtf is up with Winky not paying???

Maybe hes expecting a loss and wants to get as much money as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34
              Shame on the WBA.
              What a joke.
              Pathetic.

And wtf is up with Winky not paying???

Maybe hes expecting a loss and wants to get as much money as he can.
              Winky is thinking it's bogus that he's getting charged an additional fee even though he agreed to pay the sanctioning fees of 50k... which is outrageous in the first place for a "non-profit" organization. Whoever wins this fight will be the recognized middleweight champion of the world, regardless if the WBA belt is up for grabs or not.

Comment

The WBA and Don King and the rest of the blood suckers of the sport can go **** themselves. I can't believe that a fighter has to pay an organization to sanction it. Can't thjey take money froom somewhere else, like PPV or ticket sales? Everyone else does.

This is what's wrong with boxing today. If people don't like you as champ they will strip your belt give it to some paper champ. And the ****ty part is, every sanctioning body does this.

Whatever happend to knocking peopls freaking heads off and being the undisputed champion of the world?

Although title unification bouts are exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan420
                  The WBA and Don King and the rest of the blood suckers of the sport can go **** themselves. I can't believe that a fighter has to pay an organization to sanction it. Can't thjey take money froom somewhere else, like PPV or ticket sales? Everyone else does.

This is what's wrong with boxing today. If people don't like you as champ they will strip your belt give it to some paper champ. And the ****ty part is, every sanctioning body does this.

Whatever happend to knocking peopls freaking heads off and being the undisputed champion of the world?

Although title unification bouts are exciting.
                  Well said.
                  Karma for that!

Comment

I hope this goes to show how bull**** those organizations and thoes belts are. Next thing you know a fighter will lose with a belt and still have it because the challenger didn't pay the fee...oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by insanehognutt
                      My understanding is that neither fighter is willing to pay the sanctioning fees and that is fairly common. Nothing will be taken from anyone if JT wins, but if Winky wins the WBA title will go to Sturm.

Ok peeps i'd like to clarify this :

1. IF JT wins or DRAWS he gets to keep WBO and WBC titles only. WBA title goes to Felix sturm(whos their regular champ).

2. If Winky wins, Winky only Gets WBC title, WBO becomes Vacant and WBA goes to Sturm.

I dunno what's wrong with WBA but thats really ****ed up

Comment

Working...
                      X