Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Must Decide on Ivan Baranchyk Fight By March 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    I disagree. I think the IBF is the fairest and most honest sanctioning body. They don't award 2-3 titles per weight class (WBA), they don't excuse positive drug tests due to nationality or finances (IBF), they aren't bought and paid for by Top Rank (WBO).

Sure their rankings suck like the rest but that's because sanctioning bodies don't rate fighters based on ability, they rate fighters based on who's fought for the organization's regional and minor belts. You know that guy fighting for the NABF belt? It's guaranteed he's rated in the IBF's top ten.
    I used to think the WBC was the best?? Now I'm leaning towards the IBF...

Lets look???

Joshua
    Gassiev
    Beterbiev

MW
    GGG
    2. Sergiy

Solid as FUK!!!

Hurd???

ONLY one with Spence!!!!

Mikey

They go a lil down hill from there. But DAMN!!! There missing a few but spot on most.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      So you think the IBF has great rankings & non-bs mandatory's????

Seriously????
      I think there ALL dog SHT and paid $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        So you think the IBF has great rankings & non-bs mandatory's????

Seriously????
        Your usually 1000% on-point??? Don't understand you on this one???

Comment

Mikey got his belt at 140, the feat is done, now go back to 135 where the truly interesting fights are. For all of Baranchyk's positives, defense isn't one of them, dude gets hit flush with big shots in every single fight, Garcia would beat the hell out of him and stop him. Those 1-2's would land all night long. If we can get Garcia back in with the likes of Easter, Linares and Lomachenko that will be for the best. Then you could also make Baranchyk vs Lipinets for the vacant title at 140 and THAT fight would be legit!! Dude's would be throwing bombs!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Your usually 1000% on-point??? Don't understand you on this one???
            I don't see how I'm off with this one. The IBF pushes their mandatories, good or bad like no one else.

These are top rated IBF guys right now in some divisions (& I dind't even look at the lil guys in the bottom 6 divisions):
            Kubrat Pulev, Ruslan Fayfer, Carlos Ocampo (at 147 is f#cking nuts), Anthony Yigit, Billy Dib, Josh Warrington.

I don't see anything like this with the other abc groups. Its a rag tag bunch of undeserving guys ranked in the top spot with the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              they have the worst rankings because they have the most fair rankings. stars dont want fair. stars want special treatment.
              As long as the fighters earn their spots I respect the champ for fighting the mandatories. I agree with the star treatment of the other alphabet belts

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                How do the IBF get their rankings?
                They rank the best fighters currently pursuing their title. #1 & #2 are left vacant and those positions can only be achieved by winning an eliminator. If the #1 and #2 positions have both been filled by eliminators, a final eliminator is ordered between the two to determine the mandatory.

I don't know how fair it is, that Shawn Porter is not ranked at 147 at all, but Ocampo has a mandatory.
                Shawn Porter is the WBC mandatory and therefore unavailable for IBF activity.

Ocampo agreed to an eliminator, but his opponent pulled out, so when the mandatory came due, Ocampo lucked into the spot.

They might not change their rankings based 95% on bribes like the other three, but their rankings do not represent the best and whatever formula they use, works sometimes, and fails miserably sometimes.
                The WBC doesn't take bribes. Never has. That's not how the WBC operates.

The WBA and IBF were notorious for taking bribes and both were exposed.

When the WBA's bribery operation was exposed, the head of the bribery ring was banned for life, so he started the WBO. The WBO was literally founded by the WBA's bribery mastermind.

It worked wonderfully giving us Brook-Spence, but to now force Spence-Ocampo seems like some kind of joke.
                That's the blessing and the curse of the IBF. If everyone is ducking you, you can go the IBF route and you know for sure the mandatory will be enforced.

But then you get the belt, and you know you can't avoid the mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  On the other hand, would Kell Brook have got in the ring with Spence if the IBF didn't make him?
                  That's true and Devon had to fight Shawn Porter who I believe was a replacement for Amir Khan who was waiting for the Mayweather fight. And so the ibf ordered that and Devon caught a bad break lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Mikey got his belt at 140, the feat is done, now go back to 135 where the truly interesting fights are. For all of Baranchyk's positives, defense isn't one of them, dude gets hit flush with big shots in every single fight, Garcia would beat the hell out of him and stop him. Those 1-2's would land all night long. If we can get Garcia back in with the likes of Easter, Linares and Lomachenko that will be for the best. Then you could also make Baranchyk vs Lipinets for the vacant title at 140 and THAT fight would be legit!! Dude's would be throwing bombs!
                    I agree with the fact Mikey should stay at 135. At least to fight Linares or Loma even Easter. But I don't think Mikey really knows which direction he wants to go.

Comment

It's obvious! Just drop the 135 belt. He plans to move up more at least 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X