Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Rejects Claims They Had Extra Time To Recover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next NY is going to allow "feelings" coaching in between rounds. "Is your ego hurt??" "Did that bad man hurtt your lil feelings?"

Fuk might as well give fighters timeout cards???
    God I hope no more big fights are in Puss York!

Comment

"Ortiz was never able to fully capitalize on the damage he did in the seventh"

against a catatonic wilder? bul****. ortiz hit the brakes.

Comment

YES they Allowed Him To recover 10 seconds

He received an extra gift.Why the Doctor did not checked Him before the round starts? Ortiz gas out and had no rest to finish Him.I knew it was over after he let Him Go.if Ortiz was 5 years younger, another could have been the story.Johshua will neutralize his Right hand and will Stop Wilder.

Comment

The doctors made a mistake by waiting for the break to be over to start checking on Wilder even though he had no cut but I think the delay didn't really play a role in how the fight played out, I think these 10 extra seconds of break actually helped Ortiz more than they did Wilder since he was out of breath at the end of the 7th and needed that second wind.

Ortiz' stamina is what stopped him from stopping Wilder when he had him hurt and the following round. That for me was the moment in the fight where Ortiz showed his age or his lack of juice or both, he just couldn't gather enough energy to go all out on Wilder and stop him.

Comment

Well he did in one sense, more time to recover than if the fight was outside of New York (I think i'm right in saying?).
            But those seem to be the rues now in NY.

Ortiz will kick himself i feel, as Wilder was still badly shook up in that next round.

Comment

even if all this extra time scam was real, Ortiz still dropped the ball big time in the next round because Wilder was still very shaky.

Ortiz should've gone all in. Don't let the younger guy catch his breath. That's basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
                Wilder was the better fighter? Lmao you do realize he was down in the fight up until the knockout
                The judges had Wilder up by one point each at the time of the stoppage. That said, I had Wilder down by 3 points when the knockout occurred.

Comment

doesn't matter now, he got the job done

Comment

Actually there is. After the fight when Wilder was hugging that guy with braids wilder says to him "I'm sick as a dog and still won" He says it quietly and I don't even think the camera was meant to hear it. I actually thought that he did look ill and wasn't quite himself as far as his essentric personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                      The judges had Wilder up by one point each at the time of the stoppage. That said, I had Wilder down by 3 points when the knockout occurred.
                      It's mathematically impossible for Ortiz to win this fight on the scorecards without at least one knock down.

Just the two rounds where Ortiz got knocked down alone give Wilder 5 points already, and you can't tell me he won only those two rounds or wasn't gonna carry on and drop Ortiz a few more times in the next two rounds.

Ortiz lost, plain and simple, and would have lost FAIRLY on the cards too.

Comment

Working...
                      X