Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would James Toney fair in today's HW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would James Toney fair in today's HW division?

He was a blown up 5'9 160lber at one point struggling with Dave Tiberi, forced to move up due to a brain injury which prevented his body from producing testosterone thus gaining all that fat.

Despite being obese, having a brain injury, and being a natural middleweight, he was capable of drawing with a top contender/former champion in Rahman. Many also thought he got robbed vs Sam Peter in their 1st fight, another one of the top contenders from the 00's and one of the most dangerous punchers from that era.

While we're on the subject of obese HW's, how would a 45 year old Foreman fair? He KO'd Moorer to become a champion in the 90's, and was in a war with Holyfield hitting him with the hardest shot of his career.

I think Toney beat Peter in fight I and I felt he could have gotten the win over Rahman too. He beat Ruiz (but failed a test but wouldn't have been stripped in today's game). I'd say he's probably too small to beat Joshua and Fury given their size and style but I think he'd beat Wilder, Parker and Ortiz. Toney was fat but he seldom got gassed in there and had a granite chin. He'd have clowned Wilder IMO.

I don't think he would have been able to have defeat Lewis, Holyfield (the 90's version), Tyson, Bowe.

Foreman IMO has a punchers chance over all of them. I'd say he loses to Joshua and Fury but close and beats the rest.

Comment

Who cares

Dude was only in it for the burger kings

Comment

45 year old Foreman knocks everybody out today. he'll be undisputed. those mummified slow motion hooks would break all types of bones. these heavyweights today are not as durable as the early 90's. theres a reason Tyson ducked him. he knew Foreman would cremate him. Mike wasn't as crazy as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          45 year old Foreman knocks everybody out today. he'll be undisputed. those mummified slow motion hooks would break all types of bones. these heavyweights today are not as durable as the early 90's. theres a reason Tyson ducked him. he knew Foreman would cremate him. Mike wasn't as crazy as you think.
          He couldn't even KO little 208lb Holyfield, not even Usyk or Gassiev come that light on fight night and they're actually cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            He couldn't even KO little 208lb Holyfield, not even Usyk or Gassiev come that light on fight night and they're actually cruisers.
            Holyfield has a better chin than every top HW today.

Comment

are you suggesting Usuk and Gassiev are as durable as Holyfield? nah. Holyfield would take clean bombs to the chin for 12 rounds with no problem. there's no heavyweight today that durable. period. Foreman starches everybody. I'm not even gonna mention young prime Foreman cuz he'll literally body bag these fools. I'm just talking 45 year old George.

Comment

James was a very clever fighter and when he was on he could figure out an opponent very quickly. However he brought NO Power to the heavyweight division. That is exactly what anyone needs for success. Foreman had heavy handed power, Wlad had a strong right hand. Both were limited on defense but the best defense is a strong offense. James has no power!

Ray

Comment

That little Holyfield guy was kind of good though. That's also very important to know.

Comment

james tony would be p4p. he would embarrass these weak no skill heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X