Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Wasn't Hurt; Didn't Think Ref Would Stop Fight in 7th

NEW YORK Deontay Wilder wasn't worried referee David Fields would stop his fight against Luis Ortiz when Wilder was on the verge of getting knocked out in the seventh round. Fields is generally regarded as one of boxing's better referees and tends to let boxers fight, hold and/move their way out of trouble. That's what happened after Ortiz buzzed Wilder with a right hook that connected with 43 seconds to go in the seventh round and tried his best to finish off the undefeated knockout artist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know some of those punches hurt Ortiz is a big dude ain't no way he wasn't hurt. But props to Wilder for not folding, he could have easily bowed out. He showed the heart of a champ.

Comment

Besides being the "baddest mofo on the planet", Dante is a tremendous actor. His performance of a "fighter on queer street" was worthy of an Oscar.

Comment

Wilder was definitely hurt, but he showed very good defence to avoid getting hit with anything really significant whilst he was hurt.

Comment

He was almost out of there and MAYBE if it weren't for the extra time he got prior to round 8 (while doctor was "evaluating" him), things MAY have been different. We'll never know but now bring on Wilder vs AJ!!!

Comment

He wasn’t hurt because his brain was disconnected from his body.
            It took him a little bit to get Right.
            He looked like he was on puppet strings until a minute et and a half went by in the 8th round.
            Bit the whole while he was bussed he was able to clinch, evade, and punch enough to keep Ortiz off him.
            Last edited by BoxingTech718; 03-05-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Wilder's tenacity won him the fight.
              I want to hear the first boxer to call him out after this massive victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                Wilder was definitely hurt, but he showed very good defence to avoid getting hit with anything really significant whilst he was hurt.
                Holyfield said the same thing after the fight.

Comment

Caught in a whirlwind haha never heard it like that he was definitely hurt. That's my guy though ...now hopefully the Joshua fight is next

Comment

I thought the talk of wilder about to be stopped confusing. He wasn’t about to be stopped. He didn’t look hurt to me. Tired maybe.
                    You don’t need to be punching all the time. You can take a breather. Didn’t floyd not punch a lot of the time..? Was he about to be stopped defending for his life while his opponent went ape s*it on him?

Comment

Working...
                    X