No announcement yet.

They were going to ROB Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
    this was obvious going into the fight Wilder is a haymon fighter fighting at a haymon arena.
    ortiz is a haymon fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
      this was obvious going into the fight Wilder is a haymon fighter fighting at a haymon arena. Without a KOs the sport of boxing is ridiculously predictable when you have A side vs B side. No matter what if A side fighter has a pulse at the end of the fight he'll get the W. Whats great about the sport is one punch can irrefutably end the fight at anytime and the judges CANT stop that. Best bet for fighters is to not leave it in the judges hands
      I somewhat agree but nowhere is as bad as the US for the big fights. Im thinking of the big UK fights over the last 12-18 months, maybe even longer and cant think of one where the judging was this bad.

Yet EVERY in a similar time period has had the same problem. The state commission at the very least, have to do something about it.

Comment

• There are certain posters, the TS is one of them, that often use the word robbery when it doesn't apply. This is one of those cases.

To have Wilder or Ortiz up by 1 round at that point in the fight was reasonable given how the rounds played out. I had Ortiz ahead.

The TS seems to go into every fight looking for a negative angle or looking to fit the fight into their agenda if the guy the like loses or the guy they don't like wins, rather than just watching the fight and evaluating what happened.

Has there been bad cards in the US, yes. Have hometown guys gotten bad decisions. Yes. have there been robberies, yes.

This fight isn't an indication of any of these.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 03-05-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• You don’t know if people take a dive for sure or judges rob you. Nothing is garantueed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            There are certain posters, the TS is one of them, that often use the word robbery when it doesn't apply. This is one of those cases.

To have Wilder or Ortiz up by 1 round at that point in the fight was reasonable given how the rounds played out. I had Ortiz ahead.

The TS seems to go into every fight looking for a negative angle or looking to fit the fight into their agenda if the guy the like loses or the guy they don't like wins, rather than just watching the fight and evaluating what happened.

Has there been bad cards in the US, yes. Have hometown guys gotten bad decisions. Yes. have there been robberies, yes.

This fight isn't an indication of any of these.
            Nope, I don't go into every fight with that attitude. Can you tell me the last time I said that about, I dunno, for example, the WBSS fights? I'll be waiting.

As for robbery claims, of course it was going to be a robbery. SKy, Show, Dan Rafael and almost everyone else had Ortiz about 3 rounds up. There is no one in their right mind who had Wilder even drawing the fight, let alone a round or 2 up himself. That would mean you have to give him 3 of the first 4 rounds and almost all the latter rounds apart from the 2 in which he got battered.

For all of you claiming, it isnt close when you look at the points. Why didnt Ortiz get some of these so called close rounds?

What a clown you are. You're the same guy who messages me telling me that Pac fought a shot Barrera and lil boy floy fighting baldomir was better lol

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Nope, I don't go into every fight with that attitude. Can you tell me the last time I said that about, I dunno, for example, the WBSS fights? I'll be waiting.

As for robbery claims, of course it was going to be a robbery. SKy, Show, Dan Rafael and almost everyone else had Ortiz about 3 rounds up. There is no one in their right mind who had Wilder even drawing the fight, let alone a round or 2 up himself. That would mean you have to give him 3 of the first 4 rounds and almost all the latter rounds apart from the 2 in which he got battered.

For all of you claiming, it isnt close when you look at the points. Why didnt Ortiz get some of these so called close rounds?

What a clown you are. You're the same guy who messages me telling me that Pac fought a shot Barrera and lil boy floy fighting baldomir was better lol
              You tend to be overly critical of things that happen in the US. That is why you made this thread, because you saw it as Ortiz was about to be robbed, a word you use way too much.

You are talking about early rounds where there was little action. Wilder had landed more punches than Ortiz, so its very possible to have the fight closer than the networks had it.

I had ortiz ahead. Not having ahead doesn't equate to a robbery. You are trying to hard to fit this into your anti US agenda.

That is a complete lie, I didn't PM anything like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                I've watched the fight again and man, Wilder really outboxed Ortiz. On top of landing more, he landed way more jabs, kept distance very well and countered well. In fact, all times that Ortiz went down it started with counters. His small steps didn't let Ortiz find his range and he was ducking preemptively after most big rights, what inabled Ortiz to counter them. To top it off, he adjusted to the right hook that hurt him and blocked it afterwards
                One thing I've noticed aswell is it looked like Ortiz was controlling and Wilder was giving ground and ending up cornered but he always ended up in a position so that Ortiz hit ropes as he tried to step right and interupted his momentum. Wilders much craftier potential than I and others originally gave him credit for.

Comment

• I think Ortiz was clearly up 7-2 (minus a point for the KD). Wilder needed a knockout and got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    ortiz is a haymon fighter
                    and who do you think haymonwanted to win between his "two" fighters........... exactly wilder so dont try to split hairs and look smart because you just end up looking stupid and shows you dksab

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I think Ortiz was clearly up 7-2 (minus a point for the KD). Wilder needed a knockout and got it.
                      I had it 6-3 Ortiz but could easily see it 7-2. Also I would have scored the 7th as a 10-8 round.

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                      and who do you think haymonwanted to win between his "two" fighters........... exactly wilder so dont try to split hairs and look smart because you just end up looking stupid and shows you dksab
                      lol exactly

Comment

Working...
                      X