Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL if you are an aj fan you have to love this fight. Life and death with an all time great.....Sorry that was AJ. This was life and death with an ancient cuban pensioner who has never been up there with the best.

Comment

• Wilder needed this experience. Ortiz showed why he is so avoided. The difference in amateur pedigree was grossly apparent but Wilder took Ortiz best shots and showed the heart of a lion. AJ will get wiped out and I expect Hearn to make a new excuse to help "build up the fight".

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        This, why jump up fast when he can get a breather?
        The sooner he pops up the sooner he gets pounded.
        Sound advice, except they should have told him to clinch.
        Clinching under duress is something that you need to have down cold before the fight even starts.

Comment

• Just managed to watch this, really enjoyed watching it. Wilder really impressed me with some of the hits he took and didn’t go down, and being well behind on the scorecards and managing to get the finish. Superb effort! Really adds more spice for the (hopefully) Joshua fight. We

For Ortiz, well clearly age was the factor for him - well ahead but the level of fitness in the end of the rounds was key for him, with him being so far ahead but losing his defensive skills in he last couple of rounds. Where does he go now?

Comment

• GIF: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz - Knockdown Round 5

Comment

• Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
              Wilder needed this experience. Ortiz showed why he is so avoided. The difference in amateur pedigree was grossly apparent but Wilder took Ortiz best shots and showed the heart of a lion. AJ will get wiped out and I expect Hearn to make a new excuse to help "build up the fight".
              Keep dreaming

Wilder proved he is a bum tonight

Being taken to school before the old man gassed

Comment

• After last nights fight, I think Wilder is there to be outboxed by any above average heavyweight with good fundamentals. I'd back AJ, Povetkin, Pulev, Whyte & Parker to all be up on the cards against him... but Wilder has the power to knock any of them out at any time, and he does have that killer instinct when it comes to finishing - unorthodox wild style or not it seems to work for him.

Whether you like him or not that makes him incredibly exciting to watch, he can be on the end of a beating and turn it around with a single punch.

To watch him stagger Ortiz a number of times last night (a man 30 pounds heavier than him) was really impressive. He may not be a good boxer, but he's definitely a decent fighter.

Look forward to seeing how AJ v Parker turns out, would back either to win if they go on to fight Wilder next, but I'd be doing so with my heart in my mouth throughout due to that freaky one shot power!

Comment

• People are gonna hate, but I had Ortiz as the best heavyweight in the world, until a subpar 2017 changed my mind.

He's a southpaw with supreme boxing skills and power, he would've given Joshua fits and I think he would've beaten the Vladimir Klitschko who let Bryan Jennings take him into deep waters and lost to Tyson Fury.

With this win, nobody can say that Wilder has not chin and that he has no guts and that he "ducks" competition as he fought the one guy that nobody wanted to fight, who was roided off his ass, took his best shot, and knocked him out.

This victory to me is way better than any of Joshua or Parker's

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    ortiz is a moron, should've jumped wilder after the seven instead he gave him time to recover. there is no doubt that joshua is gonna kill wilder. right? dude is horrible
                    Ortiz was too gassed to jump him after 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      lmao...............
                      *cough cough

you were saying!?

Comment

Working...
                      X