No announcement yet.

Edwin Valero vs. Vassyl Lomachenko at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i'm not saying that either, if that's what your post is implying. valero had a lot of physical talent. i always thought his power was overrated, not his talent elsewhere. he hit hard in part because he was super sharp. check out my posts from when he was alive.

i'm saying he doesn't hav ehte craft of lomachenko, who had 300 amateur fights and is arguably the most skilled boxer in the world right now in addition to his talents.
    Nah I'm agreeing with you N.G, your post about Valero's talents just reminded the contradictory statements of some boxing fans about him being a mindless brawler when there was clear cut talent inside Valero's craft.

Comment

For sure Loma. That other mfer is dead. Doesn't even seem like a reasonable matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Nah I'm agreeing with you N.G, your post about Valero's talents just reminded the contradictory statements of some boxing fans about him being a mindless brawler when there was clear cut talent inside Valero's craft.

i always remember people who watched him spar universally saying that his punches sounded like a gun was going off. you know dude has god given talent when he can hit hard when he's just sparring and working.

Comment

valero would have knocked him out, trust me. he was a special fighter.

Comment

styles make fights i'm afraid.

valero beats loma. he can be smothered.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              The only top fighter he ever defeated was himself. non-descript DeMarco doesn't compare remotely to Lom's resume.
              DeMarco beat a guy Loma may fight one day. And Lomas resume is decent but overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                would love to see what it looks like when lomachenko gets his bell rung.
                I'm still waiting to see how Loma responds when he gets in deep waters... As it stands now, looks like it'll be a while before we see Loma in anything resembling a war...

Loma stops Valero... We've yet to see Loma at 100 percent... Loma is a pedigree fighter with very fast hands and impeccable technique... Valero doesn't have the raw athleticism to overcome his weaknesses...His power wouldnt be enough, IMO... He would keep trying to press the action and eventually get caught with something he didn't see.

Of course, we should probably see how Loma does at 135 first.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  styles make fights i'm afraid.

valero beats loma. he can be smothered.

Loma doesn't fight nice anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                    Loma doesn't fight nice anymore.

hes fought the right styles.

valero will match his footspeed . more power and wont allow him to look cute

Comment

would be a great fight

Comment

Working...
                      X