Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very glad to see that you guys have picked up without me and I fully support this.

I thought I should update you on what's been going on. The startup I'm currently working at is at risk of folding and I have been spending almost all of my time and energy trying to save the company from the brink. I was hoping this was just going to be a temporary thing and that we'd close investment money some time in the past two weeks but it hasn't been there for us yet. This could continue to be the case for weeks or even months so I am happy to see the league picked up by regular posters who will be able to give it the attention it deserves.

If you guys have run into any issues with updating the leaderboard and want some advice based on how I did things, respond to me in this thread since I have a billion notifications and responding to me elsewhere might get lost in that pile. I have carved out some time this evening to update you guys, look through my notifications, and to finally watch Wilder fight a live-ish body. (And I'll probably be back every now and then, although not to the level I was when I posted 15-20+ times per day)

Long live the NSB Pick 'Em !

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Very glad to see that you guys have picked up without me and I fully support this.

I thought I should update you on what's been going on. The startup I'm currently working at is at risk of folding and I have been spending almost all of my time and energy trying to save the company from the brink. I was hoping this was just going to be a temporary thing and that we'd close investment money some time in the past two weeks but it hasn't been there for us yet. This could continue to be the case for weeks or even months so I am happy to see the league picked up by regular posters who will be able to give it the attention it deserves.

If you guys have run into any issues with updating the leaderboard and want some advice based on how I did things, respond to me in this thread since I have a billion notifications and responding to me elsewhere might get lost in that pile. I have carved out some time this evening to update you guys, look through my notifications, and to finally watch Wilder fight a live-ish body. (And I'll probably be back every now and then, although not to the level I was when I posted 15-20+ times per day)

Long live! If we had a trophy it would be named after you.
      Go make a pick in this week's pick 'em thread.

I hope that investment money comes through soon!

Comment

Welcome back, man, and great to hear you ain't been kidnapped by Somali pirates or capered off naked into the hills of Northern Nebraska (both rumours I shamelessly started).. erm .. you wouldn't happen to be having a torrid affair with a washed up B-movie actress, would ya? - it'd be nice to think I got one outta three right

Anyway, man, life is supposed to keep us on our toes and I wish you every fortune with your business project, hopefully we'll be able to keep this thing going without ya, but any assistance (and I will be pestering you - at least in the short term) would be welcome. Also, as I mentioned in my PM I'm sure I can speak for the other crew members in offering you an honourary membership - which is... well, just a password ha ha. And just to thank you once again for all your hard work in bringing the project this far, man. Kudos.

Koba

Comment

Leaderboard is still very much messed up

Comment

No need to explain bud

Comment

No worries Bro Bob...

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                Leaderboard is still very much messed up
                Duly noted, man. The points from Eubank - Groves have been added and a load of errors corrected but I haven't re-ordered it to reflect the new rankings and I'm probably gonna leave that til I've added in the resulrs of this and last weeks fights too, to avoid duplication of effort. Hopefully gonna get time tonight, but if not likely tomorrow.

Thankyou for your patience, man.

Koba

Comment

Couple rounds late on my Wilder Ortiz stoppage pick. Dammit.

Comment

New players

Adding 22 new players to the leaderboard based on those who made successful picks for the Eubank - Groves pick 'em.

Players who voted on the poll unsuccesfully (ie picked Eubank for 0 points) and who are not already on the leaderboard will not be added due to time and space constraints.

One of the reasons we've switched back to the written format picks - and why I suspect BroBob struggled so greatly was the ever increasing size of the leaderboard which had become glutted at the bottom end with players who had perhaps only voted once or twice on fights where they had a horse in the race and weren't really serious about playing the pick 'em. In due course we will be looking at reducing the numbers of infrequent players on the leaderboard to make the task more manageable (and we would welcome suggestions on how to do this fairly) but for the time being new players will only be added on successful picks.

Anyways...

New entrants (please contact me if you're already on the leaderboard and I've messed up):

b morph (30)
                    cutthroat (30)
                    hagler2017 (30)
                    Johnny Rubber (30)
                    Kaspa9t9 (30)
                    Kezzer (30)
                    natureboy (30)
                    Parksy81 (30)
                    spacey1991 (30)
                    tonysoprano (30)
                    BodiesInFlight (25)
                    chou5 (25)