No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    I feel like just like Jermell Charlo when he lost the fight last week. A few guys with less points than me are higher on the scorecards. Is there a Boxing Scene commission that can look into this?!

On a side note.

Thanks to the guys here that take care of the pick'em threads. It's been fun!
    The only leaderboard that matters is the one on the front page, man. The ones I post on the thread are more to keep track and error check - often I'm updating two or three weeks' pick 'ems at once and since I'm doing it all manually it's a ballache to order them all into descending in between inputting the results from each Pick 'em - usually I'll make a note saying something like 'unordered' at the top of the tables you see me post in the thread to let folk know.

You boosted your place a bit in the last few weeks though, man, and really you've done well considering how many you missed. 40/58 correct is a solid ratio - comparable with a lotta guys further up the table.

And thanks, man. I do it cos I enjoy doing it, but it's nice to hear it's appreciated too!

Best wishes to you and your loved ones for the coming year.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-31-2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Damn my worst finish in a pick em contest ever. My MIAness killed me. Top 5 before I went off the grid. Out of the top 20 by the end of the year cuz I missed 17 fights.

Congrats to whoever won. Don't think I've seen him on the forum much or the name without an ava isn't ringing any bells anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Damn my worst finish in a pick em contest ever. My MIAness killed me. Top 5 before I went off the grid. Out of the top 20 by the end of the year cuz I missed 17 fights.

Congrats to whoever won. Don't think I've seen him on the forum much or the name without an ava isn't ringing any bells anyway.
        otrocubiche? Vegas dude. Nah he ain't a particularly prolific poster and fairly moderate in opinion and manner so he don't really stand out... you should be hearing a bit more from him this year though cos he volunteered to help out with 2019 Pick 'em.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-03-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• When is the new one starting? As a 2X champion of CLB , im just going to show how it’s done.

Too many of you pick with your hearts..

Comment

• When is the new one starting? As a 2X champion of CLB , im just going to show how it’s done.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              When is the new one starting? As a 2X champion of CLB , im just going to show how it’s done.

Just as soon as I get my ass upto speed, man.

Been putting this ish off since New Years'.

Any excuse - hangovers, family visits and it's my boy's Birthday today, you know how it is with those jobs you don't want to start... just gotta sit my ass down and crack on with it.

Tonight or tomorrow gonna get the old leaderboard finalised and formal announcement of the winner. Then Ima start a thread asking for input on what changes the players want to see.

Thinking about maybe Uzcategui vs Plant for the first Pick 'em of the year, though some would say Plant ain't really done enough to warrant it yet. That'd be on the 13th so Ima try to have the first thread up middle of next week
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-04-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Koba, your hard work has been rewarding for us all. It was a great year! Cheers to 2019!

Comment

• Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  Koba, your hard work has been rewarding for us all. It was a great year! Cheers to 2019!
                  Cheers, man. Appreciated greatly... but don't think I forgot that you've volunteered your services! Gonna run your name by the other players when I get my ass round to putting up the 2019 discussion thread (and otrocubiche's of course) but I don't envisage anyone having objections to either of you, and far as I'm concerned you're in.

Actually. There is something you might be able to help with... do you know anything about setting up Groups - as in the 'Social Groups' option in the community section on the menu bar above the thread? I'm hoping we might be able to form a new group for Pick 'em players - it'd help to send out reminders when picks are due or when we want to poll over changes or if we want to include certain fights - that kind of thing. I'm not sure what iot actaully allows you to do or whether it's feasible to include that many members (maxing out at about 120 or so last year and possibly more in 2019). If you ain't sure do you know who might know more?

It ain't vital to get this thing up and running but it would be a big help down the line I reckon - if you're up for it, you could probably handle that side of the project, though don't worry if you rather not, sure we'll get it figured one way or another.

Comment

• Watch all your future fights live here!

Check out, farangtv.store/channels

Enormous supply of channels, including live PPV fights and a lot more. Email them and get your 24 hour free trial!

Comment

• Nsb pick 'em #78 and #79 (12/31/18) picks and points tally

NSB PICK 'EM #78 AND #79 (12/31/18) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY

RESULTS:

Nietes, DEC, CLOSE
                      Kyoguchi, KO, LATE

DuckAdonis: 20 (0, 20)*
                      ShoulderRoll: 50 (30, 20) 1 perfect*
                      NC Uppercut: 20 (20, 0)*
                      SceneBoxer: 30 (30, 0) 1 perfect*
                      FrankieClutch: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect. *
                      Mammoth: 30 (0, 30)*
                      The plunger man: 30 (0, 30)*
                      Idunnoshet: 20 (0, 20)*
                      jpowell100: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect *
                      BLASTER1: 0 (0, 0)*
                      Chrismart: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect *
                      ruedboy: 0 (0, 0)*
                      DramaShow: 30 (0, 30) 1 perfect*
                      Damn Wicked: 30 (0, 30) 1 perfect*
                      JOITATS: 0 (0)
                      Koolkc107: 20 (0, 20)*
                      otrocubiche: 30 (0, 30) 1 perfect*
                      BigZ44: 25 (25, 0)*
                      Redd Foxx: 25 (0, 25)*
                      A.K: 0 (0, 0)*
                      Koba: 0 (0, 0)*
                      Blakbread904: 30 (0, 30) 1 perfect*
                      RockyB: 30 (0, 30)*
                      MulaKO: 20 (0, 20)*

New player JOITATS is not being added to the final Leaderboard on account of not yet having any correct picks.
                      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 01-05-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X