No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    What fight did I miss? Most cats got 7 I only got 6 picks?

WutUpWitDat?
    Hmmm. Well you were up to 3/3 when we took over from BroBob, so it's down to one of the last 4:

Groves - Eubank
    Rungvisai - Estrada
    Barrera - Bivol
    Wilder - Ortiz

All the picks have been posted on this thread (if we compiled them correctly) so it should be easy enough to check..

OK the only one I'm not seeing your name on is Rungvisai - Estrada. If you remember making a pick then we can go back to the original thread... oh yeah - but if you only voted on the poll it wouldn't have been counted. We did put a note on the front page to say picks were by posting only, not by poll (and the poll had inadvertently been made non-public anyway so was effectively useless) could that be it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Hmmm. Well you were up to 3/3 when we took over from BroBob, so it's down to one of the last 4:

Groves - Eubank
      Rungvisai - Estrada
      Barrera - Bivol
      Wilder - Ortiz

All the picks have been posted on this thread (if we compiled them correctly) so it should be easy enough to check..

OK the only one I'm not seeing your name on is Rungvisai - Estrada. If you remember making a pick then we can go back to the original thread... oh yeah - but if you only voted on the poll it wouldn't have been counted. We did put a note on the front page to say picks were by posting only, not by poll (and the poll had inadvertently been made non-public anyway so was effectively useless) could that be it?
      Oh sh^t yea just looked. I posted in the thread, but didn't make a pick so I bet I just made my selection in the poll cuz that was the first time Bob was Awol & I probably thought we were still doing it the same way or something idk.

F#cking Bob cost me a pick lol. Wtf Bob with your transient a$$.

Comment

Oh sh^t yea just looked. I posted in the thread, but didn't make a pick so I bet I just made my selection in the poll cuz that was the first time Bob was Awol & I probably thought we were still doing it the same way or something idk.

Tee hee... oh, didn't I mention BroBob's back on the team? - It's just in an honorary capacity but he DOES have access to the leaderboard. Y'know I don't think he'll take that personally but, well... just saying...

Comment

Did you say anything in thread that would give us a sign to your pick?And what was your pick in that fight?Obv your did not want a x

Comment

Tee hee... oh, didn't I mention BroBob's back on the team? - It's just in an honorary capacity but he DOES have access to the leaderboard. Y'know I don't think he'll take that personally but, well... just saying...
            Hey Koba was that you or Siablo that said he was interested in Castano vs Vitu?I have seen Castano and have heard Vitu name but have never seen him fight.Checked him out on Boxrec and both losses were SD,MD but seen no real wins or names.Makes me curios on what you see in him and whether I need to check him out.I did see the Rab fight he lost close at least by the judges but don't rate Rab real high.Was he robbed in that fight?
            Last edited by john l; 03-08-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
              Did you say anything in thread that would give us a sign to your pick?And what was your pick in that fight?Obv your did not want a x
              Nah ironically I was just wondering what was up with TransientBob in my post.

I had SSR, but I'm cool taking the x since I didn't post in that thread. Rules are the rules.

Comment

Nah ironically I was just wondering what was up with TransientBob in my post.

I had SSR, but I'm cool taking the x since I didn't post in that thread. Rules are the rules.
                That sucks.How much you lose 20-30?

Comment

Hey Koba was that you or Siablo that said he was interested in Castano vs Vitu?I have seen Castano and have heard Vitu name but have never seen him fight.Checked him out on Boxrec and both losses were SD,MD but seen no real wins or names.Makes me curios on what you see in him and whether I need to check him out.
                  It was me, and no Vitu isn't really anything that special but he is a pretty solid vet - what he does represent however is another (after Soro) good test for Castano who I think might be something quite special. Castano gets a good win here and I'd say he's ready to be thrown in with lions at 154 to sink or swim. If he doesn't look good against Vitu he probably needs another year or two, if he gets there at all. It's kind of a make or break fight - Brian should win , but he needs to win well.

Comment

It was me, and no Vitu isn't really anything that special but he is a pretty solid vet - what he does represent however is another (after Soro) good test for Castano who I think might be something quite special. Castano gets a good win here and I'd say he's ready to be thrown in with lions at 154 to sink or swim. If he doesn't look good against Vitu he probably needs another year or two, if he gets there at all. It's kind of a make or break fight - Brian should win , but he needs to win well.
                    What ive seen of Castano he seems to have good skillset and looks HUGE at 54.He also had some very good Am wins.And Soro is deff a good win.I seen Vitu is a southpaw but with Castano's Am career that should not be something to throw him too much.Gonna have to try and catch that somewhere.

Comment

That sucks.How much you lose 20-30?
                      Like what was my exact pick? I think my exact pick was the result is the sh^tty part. I'm sure I had decision, I'm fairly sure I picked close (which I believe it was?).

Comment

Working...
                      X